Netflix Instant Queue: Punch

▌♚ ▌ ※ h a l l y u r e v i e w ※ ▌♚ ▌
250px-Punch-p1.jpg

Punch.

Netflix Instant Queue

About: Its pretty hard to explain, so here's the Wikipedia entry.

Thoughts: It opened out with a voice over and a scene if a little boy watching his father dance at a cabaret. He then starts to explain how the cabaret life was the only life he knew. Honestly, if I hadn't been so lazy and skippes before I watched that whole scene, I would've missed a vital part. The movie and that scene all kind of came together and if I had missed it...let's just say even Morgan Freeman couldn't have helped me.

I SO related to the main character. He was a boy who lived in near-poverty and grew up without a mom (who happens to be Filipino). The movie deals with the issues that come with a multi-cultural household, and it couldn't have been more accurate.

Notable moments:*SPOILERS* When Wan-deuk goes to buy his mother (when he finds her) new shoes. When they were leaving, he store-owner asked him, confused, "How do you know her?". This obviously meant "How does a high-school Korean boy like you meet an older foreigner woman?", to which, after some thought, he replied: "She's my mother."

Notable actor: Yoo Ah-In (Wan-deuk). The cutie also starred in the drama Fashion King.

Should you watch it? : As of 7/8/2013, it is available Netflix.

Rating: 5/5