Netflix Movie Queue: The Man From Nowhere

▌♚ ▌ ※ h a l l y u r e v i e w ※ ▌♚ ▌
the-man-from-nowhere-poster-01.jpg

Ajeossi.

Netflix Instant Queue

About Ajeossi: Ajeossi (아저씨; The Man From Nowhere) is about a young, quiet, retired agent named Tae-shik who now runs a pawnshop. He lives in a very small apatment and his only source of human interation appears to be his customers and a young girl named So-mi, a kid who steals for a living.

His content life is stirred up when a drug gang kidnaps So-mi and her drug addict mom. It is now up to Tae-shik to channel his past self and get them back.

Thoughts: BAD-ING-. Excuse my language, but that was the only thing that ran through my mind while watching this. This movie has tons of violence and I LOVED IT. Tae-shik truly brings out his inner badass and it is clearly a case of "Beware the Silent One". He didn't talk much in the movie, so whatever he did say held so much more importance.

The stunts and fight scenes were EPIC, the plot was really easy to follow and there were so many twists and turns that I was never bored. I can see why its 4 1/2 stars on Netflix right now. I watched it like...5 times.

Notable moments:*A BUNCH OF SPOILERS* The whole movie was one notable moment, but to be more specific, we have this:

The scene where they abduct So-Mi and her mother. The scene where he falls from the driving range window. The scene where they discover So-mi's mother in the trunk of the car with her organs removed. The scene where he escapes interrogation like a BAUS. The scene where he stabs the guy in the shoulder in the bathroom. The scene where he cuts his hair shirtless. The scene where we discover that his wife died while pregnant (I guess this is why he's so protective over So-mi). The scene where So-Mi is taken to this old ladies house to live with other children until Tae-shik finishes the delivery. The scene where Tae-shik blew up the meth lab with Jong-suk in it. The scene where Tae-shik literally kills EVERY SINGLE bad guy in the room after discovering what appeared to be So-mi's eyes extracted from her body. The scene where he finds out Somi is alive and still has her eyes, stopping him from commiting suicide. Then, finally, the end, where Tae-shik and So-mi hug for the first time.

Tear.

Notable actor: Won Bin and Kim Sae Ron. They are a beautiful acting pair and I was sensing a father-daughter sort of vibe the whole time. He may have showed little affection to her face, but no one goes and kills people to save a stranger who they have no feelings for.

And the thai actor who played Ramrowan. He was hot.

Should you watch it? : Y. E. S. YES. Its available on Netflix as of 7/4/2013.

Rating: 10/5