Chapter 6

Fixing A Broken Life

Your POV

"TVXQ's Max confirmed to be in a relationship."  I read the article header aloud. I read the article then scrolled down to the comments. "She's pretty but...they won't last." "Take good care of him." "Oppa are you happy?" "If you're happy I'm happy."

I definitely thought there would be a lot of hate messages but there wasn't.  There was a few but there were more messages of concern.  They wanted to make sure he was going to be happy and that I wasn't going to hurt him.  I respected that.  I closed the article and put my phone on the nightstand before getting up to take a shower. When I finished and walked out Max was sitting on the bed.

"Omo! Okay uhm...what are doing here?"

"Waiting on you."

"Okay well go to the living room so I can get changed."

"I can't.  Yunho is trying to hit on Min Hye."

"Okay well close your eyes then." He closed his eyes and I turned to face the closet.

I pulled my up under the towel then dropped the towel to the floor.  I put my bra on then turned around to go to my dresser. When I turned around I saw something I wasn't sure how to feel about.

"Yah.  Were you watching me?"

"Ani." He said shaking his head furiously.

"Then what is that?" I said pointing to the tent in his pants that wasn't there previously.

"I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it." He said looking down.

"Yah! What's going on in here?" Yunho yelled busting in.  Max's problem disappeared faster than it appeared and his face was a furious red.

"Nothing.  I needed to change my clothes but he didn't want to ruin your attempt at hitting on Min Hye.  He didn't see anything I promise."  I rambled off hoping he wouldn't call my bluff.

"Good.  We can't ruin his innocence." Yunho chuckled.

"How did it go with Min Hye?"

"We're going out tonight."

"That's great." I said smiling. "Don't hurt her ara?"

"Arrasso."

"Max." Changing my attention to the boy sitting on my bed.

"Neh."

"What are we doing today?"

"Going to meet my parents."

"Mwo?"

"Yea. They want to meet the girl that caused so much commotion in the kpop world."

"Oh uhm okay.  What should I wear?"

"Wear what you want to wear."

"That doesn't help."

"Fine."  He said walking to my closet.  "How about this?" He was holding a floral dress.

"Sure." I said taking it and putting it on.  He pulled the zipper up in the back.

"Wah~ Yeppeo!" I blushed and smiled before finding shoes to wear.  I picked a pair of white flats putting them on.  "Ready?"

"Neh."

"Gaja."  He said pulling me along and out the door.  He opened the door for me and his driver drove us to his parents' house.  I was starting to get nervous. "Relax.  They'll love you."  He squeezed my hand and it was like he was squeezing my nervousness out on to the floor.  I smiled softly and cuddle closer to him.

"Thanks."

"We're here."

"That was fast."

"It took us 30 minutes.  How is that fast?"

"I guess the nervousness made time fly."  I chuckled.

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."  He smiled and pulled me to the house and pushed me through the front door.

"Umma! Appa! She's here!" He yelled.

"A-annyeonghaseyo~ Jae Young imnida." I said bowing.

"It's nice to meet you." His father said smiling.  "We are having tea on the patio.  Would you like to join us?"  I nodded my head and we headed out.  I sat on the bench next to Max and took the cup from his mom when she handed it to me.

"Gamsahabnida."

"Max talks a lot about you whenever we talk on the phone.  He must love you a lot."  His dad said smiling.  "He was always the protective kind of person."  I saw Max shoot him a look out the corner of my eye.  Was there a problem?

"Max mentioned you don't live with your parents.  Is that true?" His mom asked.

"Neh."

"Wae."

"UMMA!"

"Ani~" I said grabbing his hand.  "Gwenchanah."  I returned my attention to his mom.  "My father left when I was younger and me and my mom...well...we don't get along."

"Because she's an alcholic?" His mom questioned.  He told her? I looked over catching his gaze and glaring at him.  How could he tell them so easily when I could barely tell him? It's okay.  They would find out eventually.

"Neh.  I wanted to help her but she didn't want to help herself so I left.  But, I'm happy where I am now with my friend.  She's like my sister."

"Well I'm glad you're living happily I wouldn't want my daughter-in-law being unhappy."  His father cut in.

"Daughter-in-law?" I questioned surprised.

"Neh.  I can see that my son loves you very much and after his last girlfriend, I didn't think he'd love someone again." Last girlfriend?  What happened with his last girlfriend?  Why wouldn't he love again? 

"Okay you met them. Let's go!" He stood up trying to pull me back into the house. Why was he being so rushy?

"Max!" I said resisting him.  "Geuman.   You can't be like this.  They're your parents."

"Yea well sometimes they talk too much." I was surprised by how he felt.

"Shim Changmin! Apologize.  I don't care if you think they talk too much or not.  You should respect them."

"Mianhae."  He said bowing to his parents. 

"Mianhaeyo."  I said bowing.  "I think I should take him back to the dorm.  I hope we can have a better and longer meeting next time. Annyeonghi kye seyo."  His parents smiled and we left.

 When we got in the car I sat in the front seat away from him.  I couldn't believe he just disrespected his parents like that.  When we got back to Min Hye's, I walked in not saying a word to him as he followed me in.

"Jae Young?" He called.  I ignored him causing him to plop down next to me on the couch. "Jae Young ah~" I continued letting his voice go in one ear and out the other. "Jae Young!"

"What Max? What?"

"Why are you being like this?"

"Why were you being like that?  Why did you disrespect your parents like that?"

"You're still mad about that?"

"I shouldn't have let it get to me so much but when you did that I couldn't understand how you could be so mean to your parents when you have two that love you and I don't even have one."

Max POV

I didn't realize it was going to affect her so much or I wouldn't have said it.  I wouldn't have pushed her to meet my parents.

"Mianhae."

"Gwenchanah.  I overreacted.  Yes they said some things you probably wish they didn't but it's not like they lied.  My mom is an alcoholic. But, that's not something I'm embarrassed by."  She said looking at me with the most content face I've ever seen.  "The only thing that truly shocked me was the ex-girlfriend you never told me about."

"I was going to tell you.  I was.  I just didn't know how."

"Well how about now?  What happened?  Why wouldn't you love anymore?"

"I couldn't trust another girl.  I thought they would all hurt me like she did."

"Well I'm glad you can trust me."

"Me too.  When she betrayed me like that, my life flipped upside down.  School became hell.  I toughed it out then moved to our school.  That's how I met you."

"What did she do?"

"Well she...." Suddenly there was a knock on the door.  I got up and answered the door.  "Soo Mi?"

Your POV

Soo Mi?

A/N: I think this chapter seems a little rushed but I had to get it done :(  Hopefully the next chapter will be better. >.<