Chapter 2

Not 100%

"Hyung we're back!" Gongchan said as himself, CNU and Baro walked into the dorm.

 

"Hey, Jinyoung my mom gave me leftovers so we can eat them for dinner. Jinyoung?" The boys all looked at each other and at Jinyoung's closed bedroom door. "He must still be sleeping I guess."

 

The boys started to take their shoes and heavy coats off. Shortly after the boys made themselves comfortable in the living room. Jinyoung shortly walked out of his room, clutching his back like a grandpa.

 

"Hey the old man is finally up." CNU laughed.

 

Jinyoung sighed. "You do know you're older than me Dongwoo." All the boys chuckled. "Well I'm glad all of you guys are back. Even if it was just for a day I was kind of lonely." He smiled sweetly at each member.

 

"Oh hyung I missed you the most." Gongchan cried. Come here!" Before Jinyoung had the chance to even look at Gongchan, he leaped off the couch and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung's waist with his face smashed in his hyung's stomach.

 

"Ah... Gongchan-ah... please stop..." Jinyoung was breaking into a sweat trying to get Gongchan off of him, the position was really inconvenient.

 

Baro looked over CNU's shoulder to see the two and his eyes bulged out of his head. "Hey! Gongchan-ah stop acting like that!" He raised his voice.

 

Gongchan turned his head to look at his hyung on the couch. He squeezed Jinyoung’s waist tighter making him wince a little. "Stop acting like what Baro hyung?" Gongchan smirked at his hyung who was in a state of panic, Gongchan knew what the elder was going to say, but he knew he would think against it at first. Gongchan still had Jinyoung in his loving death grip. "Baro-ah say what you're thinking or Jinyoung gets one planted on his lips."

 

Gongchan eyes met with Jinyoung. Jinyoung looked away from the younger and at Baro. "B-Baro say it or I will kill you."

 

"Do I have to say it Gongchan-ah?" Baro was getting uncomfortable with the whole situation, but he wanted to save his hyung and he knew Gongchan wasn't bluffing. Such an evil maknae.

 

Gongchan started to creep his way up to Jinyoung's sweaty face. "Say it hyung."

 

"Stop acting GAY!" Baro yelled.

 

Seconds later Gongchan let go of Jinyoung and slumped back on the couch. "You know I can't help who I am Baro hyung, you don't have to be so rude about it." Gongchan rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

 

"Hey." CNU waved at Jinyoung to get his attention. "Didn't that new guy get in yesterday?" He asked.

 

Jinyoung rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah he did..."

 

"So where is he?" CNU pushed.

 

"In Baro's room..."

 

"Well are we going to meet him?"

 

"Yeah..."

 

"...Okay, well obviously you're still spaced-out. I'll go introduce myself." CNU pushed himself off the couch and tried to go past Jinyoung but he blocked him.

 

"No wait." Jinyoung said putting his hands in front of CNU in protest. "He might still be sleeping, he got in late last night."

 

All the boys looked at their leader weird, why is he acting this way?

 

Baro on the other hand wasn't too excited to meet this new member, he was against the whole idea from the start. And know having to share a room with the guy put him more on edge.

 

"So you went through with it and picked this guys up?" Baro rose from the couch and glared at Jinyoung.

 

"We all agreed that we would bring a new member in, didn’t we? So I still don’t understand why you're still aginst it." Jinyoung said moving CNU aside so he can talk to Baro face to face.

 

"Even if I opposed this whole thing my vote wouldn’t have mattered. We should have just kept it as the four of us after the other guy left!" Baro shouted waving his arms in the air.

 

Jinyoung put his hands on his hips and looked at the floor beneath him. "Baro... Lets discuss this another time, please? You can’t always get your way-"

 

"Then why do you always get yours?!" Baro spat back.

 

Jinyoung was really fed up with the rappers attitude lately, after all he was the leader so he could make the decisions in the groups best interest, he's not some super human that can make everybody happy and he actually put the time and effort to find a new replacement-

 

Gongchan could see a dark figure emerging from the hallway and saw that it was a boy. "Hello~ Good morning." He waved and smiled at Sandeul.

 

Baro and Jinyoung dropped their heated argument and gave their full attention to the sleepy Sandeul in the hallway. Except for Baro who refused to look at anyone else.

 

Jinyoung walked over to Sandeul. "Sorry, did we wake you?" Jinyoung looked at the sleepy boy then at Baro who was looking at the front door.

 

"...I was awake already..." Sandeul spoke slowly.

 

Jinyoung chuckled. "You should take a cold shower to wake yourself up, then you can be more refreshed to meet the rest of B1A4."

 

"...Shower?" Sandeul rubbed his eyes.

 

"Yes Its right across from your room. There are already clean towels in there so you can go now." Jinyoung smiled. Sandeul nodded his head and staggered to down the hall to the bathroom.

 

Everyone still in the living room was silent for a minute, exchanging looks at one another. Baro was the first to speak.

 

"That's the guys? Tch. Seriously?"

 

"Shhh! He might hear you." Jinyoung whispered.

 

"I don't give a damn! He's not even good looking! What the heck Jinyoung?!"

 

"I thought he was pretty decent." Gongchan introjected.

 

Baro turned to the younger. "Shut up, you think every guy is good looking!" Gongchan frowned.

 

Truth is, everyone was fed up with Baro at this point. Ever since Jinyoung announced they had found a replacement for their last member Baro has been totally against it.

 

"Baro that's enough." CNU said in a sturdy voice. "I don't care what you think about the new guy, In fact nobody does get your act together and just go with it. Jinyoung-ah is right when he said you can’t always get your way, so it up and stop acting like the baby you are. Gongchan has more sense than you at this point. If I hear you complain about the new guy one more time I'm sure we can find a replacement just as fast as we did the other guy." With that CNU stomped his way to his room slamming the door behind him leaving everybody speechless.

 

"Wow hyung," Gongchan patted Baro's shoulder. "you got your worked cut out for you. You better listen to Dongwoo hyung this time~" He sang.

 

Baro slapped the youngers hand off his shoulder. "You're not the boss of me! You're not the boss of anyone!" He yelled as the younger skipped off into his shared room with CNU.

 

And then there were two.

 

Jinyoung looked at the emotional rapper slumped on the couch. "...Baro-ah, I'm asking you in the nicest way here, please just behave when we are out in public and in interviews. You can hate Sandeul as much as you want in the dorms, but only in the dorms. At least act like he's your friend when we're on stage, okay?" Jinyoung asked in a sincere voice, then left the rapper alone in the living room.

 

"Aish!" Baro shoved a fist in his hair.




 

Sandeul felt good when he finished his shower, Jinyoung was right when he said he would feel refreshed.  

 

Unsure of where to go next he popped his head into his new room and found no one there, then he walked into the living room and found Baro sitting on the couch with his eyes closed and head leaned back. Confused as to why the boy was sleeping he walked over to him and stood in front of him with his dripping wet hair.

 

Baro could feel little water droplets fall on his cheeks. He still had his eyes closed and he knew he was inside so he wasn't sure why he could feel water on his face, maybe the roof had a leak in it? Baro opened his eyes to see if he could reach a conclusion, but instead he was greeted by a goofy looking smile on an "ugly" person. "Ahhhh!" He screamed.

 

"Ahhhh!" Sandeul mocked.

 

"What the heck is your problem you freak?" Baro slipped away from Sandeul on the couch and stood up. "Why did you put water on my face?! Are you stupid?" Baro wiped his face of the water and glared at a dumbfounded Sandeul who was looking at him like a lost puppy. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

Sandeul opened his mouth trying to think of something to say, but was cut off when Jinyoung and the others came out of their rooms. "Oh good Baro was keeping you company." The leader smiled at Baro.

 

"If you call him company." Baro said under his breath.

 

"Hi I'm Shin Dongwoo, but a lot of people call me CNU." CNU introduced himself and bowed. "I'm B1A4's vocalist and rapper and I'm the oldest so I'm your hyung." He smiled earning a look of amazement from Sandeul.

 

"And I'm Gong Chan Shik, but you can call me Gongchan." He was next to introduce himself. "I'm also a vocalist, the face of the group and a loving maknae." He bowed. "Since I'm the maknae you're my new hyung!" He smiled.

 

"You already know who I am." Jinyoung chuckled. "But I'm Jung Jinyoung, the leader and lead vocalist of B1A4."

 

Sandeul smiled and bowed at the three members who introduced themselves. He turned to Baro waiting for him to introduce himself like everyone else, but the rapper didn't budge. CNU nudged Baro's arm and the boy immediately started his introduction. "I'm Baro B1A4's rapper..." He said in a flat voice. "And I will not call you hyung." After that Baro made his leave to his room and slammed the door.

 

"Aigoo, sorry about that he's been a little on edge lately." Gongchan apologized on Baro's behalf

 

"Nice to meet you guys... I'm Lee JungHwa and Sandeul is my stage name." He bowed politely.

 

"Wha! I can't wait to work with you Sandeul and I get a new hyung!" Gongchan opened his arms and skipped to Sandeul to give him a nice warm hug, but Sandeul was against that idea.

 

"Please don't touch me." Sandeul said a little demanding stopping Gongchan in his tracks.

 

"O...K..."

 

Jinyoung clapped once ending the weird atmoshphere Sandeul created. "So, manager hyung said we have about a week or two off to go over everything with Sandeul like training for new interviews and stuff. so we have to work hard so this talented singer leaves a good impression on Korea." Jinyoung did the fighting pose.

 

Sandeul just stared blankly at his hyung because he didn't quite grasp all the words he said since he was speaking relatively fast.

 

"Yes! B1A4 is going to come back with a bang!" CNU was about to put his arm around Sandeul's shoulder as a friendly gesture, but remembered the main vocalist didn't liked to be touched when he took a step back.

 

"Ok well we should start as soon as possible, right?" Jinyoung suggested.

 

"Right!" Gongchan and CNU said in unison.

 

"Sandeul said he's good at remembering stuff so it shouldn't be too hard to go over some possible interview questions, right?" Jinyoung asked Sandeul.

 

It took Sandeul a second to figure out that the question was directed to him. "...Yes."

 

"Then we should get started now with some easy questions and prompts- Oh! first we should let him watch some of our older videos when we first debut so he can get a feel of our style." CNU suggested.

 

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea. We should do that Jinyoung hyung." Gongchan agreed.

 

"Okay, let me just get my computer." Jinyoung left the living room in search of his computer in his not so organized bedroom.

 

"This is going to take a while." CNU said yawning, stretching himself out on the couch.  

 

"What about Baro hyung?" Sandeul asked.

 

"Who, Baro? He'll come out of his room when he's not having a temper tantrum, he's been such a asswhole latley, and he's not your hyung you're older than him." CNU yawned again.

 

Sandeul laughed when he hurd his hyung say 'asswhole' infront of everybody he found when people swore that it was funny.

 

"Why are you laughing so loud?" Gongchan covered his ears and raised one an eyebrow.

 

"Found it!" Jinyoung came dashing out of his room. He plopped himself on the couch between CNU and Sandeul.

 

"Oh, just letting you know some of the questions that you will get a lot especially by the fans are going to be like,

'What's your ideal girl?' and 'What kind of person are you?' and ones that you'll get later are going to be about the songs we put out so like; 'What's the concept of this song and the style?' and 'How are you going to promote this album?' Things like that, but you don't have to worry about those questions until later." Jinyoung turned in his computer and started to play B1A4's debut music video.

 

Sandeul was getting nervous about all the questions, he was never really good at answering questions like that, he's never been asked questions like that or had the chance to answer question like that on his own, his umma and appa were always there to answer for him, so of course Sandeul would be scared that he wouldn't be able to go along with interviews for long. How am I going to do this? I thought I would just be singing. How can I do this? I don't want to go home yet. I thought I would just be singing...


Being in an idol group is more than just singing.