Chapter 3

Not 100%
Gongchan and CNU were relaxing in their room after they had their first dance practice in three weeks, they had to get ready for their second debut as B1A4 with Sandeul. For the most part all the boys still had their dancing abilities and were beyond happy when they quickly picked up the dance, but Sandeul was no exception. The groups first practice was beyond repair when Sandeul couldn't remember any of the foot work and when he finally remembered a part of the dance it would be ruined by him tripping over himself causing the rest of the members to create a domino effect. 
 
Sandeul has improved since then though. The groups last practice went exceptionally well considering nobody got hurt or cussed at, but Sandeul wouldn't have been nearly as coordinated if Gongchan and CNU haden't stayed in the dance studio for and additional five hours to work with him. No doubt Sandeul was a fantastic vocalist, but the two knew teaching the boy how to dance would slow them down a bit and that was their main concern after they debut.
 
"Hyung!" Gongchan shouted piercing the silence that was in the room.
 
It made CNU jump, but he played it cool. "Geez, cant you see I'm trying to rest? I don't need your whining right now..." He mocked the maknae.
 
Gongchan snorted. "You didn't even give me a chance to say anything gosh." He rolled his eyes. "But seriously listen to me."
 
CNU listened to the maknae and propped him self on his elbows from his bed waiting for Gongchan to speak. Normally when the maknae said he had something to talk about in a serious matter normally it was serious, so CNU gave him his full attention.
 
"Don't you think it's weird...Sandeul?" Gongchan asked not too sure were he was getting at with the question. 
 
Neither did CNU when he raised an eyebrow at the younger. "...Do you care to elaborate that question at all?" He grinned.
 
"No seriously! Don't you think the way Sandeul acts and speaks is kind of...strange? And when he's asked a question he doesn't answer it right away or how long it took him to learn the dance?" Gongchan gave a few examples trying to back up his statement, but it didn't get passed CNU.
 
"Hey, you know everyone learns at their own pace. First off, the guy doesn't even know how to dance so of course it's going to take him some time to get used to all the fast pace steps and complicated foot work and such." He defended Sandeul.
 
Gonchan pouted. "That's not the point. I think something is really wrong with him."
 
CNU rolled over in his bed so his stomach was laying flat on the mattress. "Whatever, personally I just think he's stupid, but it's not like I'm going to be mean about it like Baro-ah." CNU turned his head to face Gongchan. "And you shouldn't either." He turned his head back to its previous place and sighed. "If your really concerned you can talked to Jinyoung-ah about this, but don't complain to Baro-ah, who knows what he'll do to the poor guy..." He trailed off.
 
"I know right?" Gongchan agreed. "Why is he always so mean to him-" Gongchan got cut off by a loud crash and Baro screaming at who was most likely Sandeul. 
 
A few seconds later they heard another one and thought it was time to interfere. When the two rushed out of the room they ran into Jinyoung who also looked just as panicked and they ran down the hall to Baro and Sandeul's shared room. When they opened the door they saw Sandeul with his knees tucked into is chest and Baro with a raised fist.
 
"You piece of-"
 
"Stop!" Jinyoung spread his arms out in front of Baro to stop him from what ever was about to come the vocalist way. "You stop it right now, got it?!" He demanded.
 
Baro looked at Jinyoung with a raged look in his eyes showing his teeth.
 
"Wh-whats going on in here?" Gongchan asked in a timid voice.
 
Baro dropped his fist and loosened up a bit. He chuckled. "Well, if you guys didn't show up who knows what would of happed to him." He looked at Sandeul, who was scared for his life, on the ground and then back at the other members.
 
The room was silent for a moment. What the hell just happened? Was Baro being serious? Was he really going to harm the defenseless vocalist? What would have happened if none of the showed up?
 
"I-I"m s-sorry." Sandeul stuttered still defending his body with his arms.
 
"Shut up you idiot!" Baro spat back. "Don't think you can go around touching my things! Who knows were your hands have been and why were you even looking throw my drawers, huh? Where you thinking of stealing? Are you that stupid?"
 
Sandeul looked up at Baro with sorry eyes. 
 
"Do you even know what I'm saying?" Baro shoved Sandeul's head him his hand. "Are you so stupid you don't even know what I'm saying? Do you not understand Korean, is that why it took you so long to learn the dance? Are you a retard or something?" Baro teased in a harsh tone making Jinyoung gasp.
 
"That's enough Baro. You two better settle your differences sooner or later-" Jinyoung was cut off by Baro this time.
 
"He's a retard Jinyoung hyung! Just look at him" Baro pointed a finger at Sandeul.
 
"...It's not nice to point..." Sandeul spoke. 
 
Baro scoffed. "Wow, are you serious?" Baro placed his hands on his hips and walked around Sandeul until he was face to face with the other three members. "Are we really dealing with this guy right now? He is a retard." 
 
"Stop it!" Sandeul screamed causeing all eyes to be on him out of shock. "Stop it! stop it! stop it! stop it...!" He kept repeating over and over again even when his face turned red and tears flooded out of his eyes he was still screaming. 
 
"What's wrong with him?!" Gongchan asked, more like yelled as well since Sandeul's screams over powered everyone else's voice. The rest of the members had their ears covered so the screams wouldn't damage their hearing.
 
At this point Sandeul was still repeating "Stop it" until Baro yelled at him to shut up.
 
"I'm not a retard!" Sandeul screeched in a high pitched voice causing all the members to clutch their ears and wince in pain.
 
"My ears are going to fall off!" CNU winced every time Sandeul screeched.
 
Sandeul's face was bright red, he had snot and tears running down his face and leaving spots on the hardwood floors, every breath he inhaled he used it to scream some more, it had already been one full minute. 
 
"Sandeul please stop!"
 
"I'm autistic...!" The boy finally stopped when he choked on his own words, he took this opportunity to catch his uneven breaths he desperately need. "I'm autistic!" He cried again. "I'm autistic..." The boy said in a softer tone as he passed out right in front of everyone.
 
"Oh my gosh!" Everyone ran to Sandeul's side making sure he was okay, they all tried to shake him awake, but nothing happened. From all the crying and screaming Sandeul did in the past minute he made himself pass out form all the pressure that was going to his head.
 
"Is he dead?" Baro asked as he stood behind the rest of the group surrounding Sandeul.
 
"I bet you wish he was." CNU said as he glared at the rapper.
 
Baro's eyes went wide at his hyungs blunt statement. "What?! No. I might hate a hand full of people, but I would never wish for some one to dye like this-"
 
CNU cut him off. "He just passed out form all that screaming, he should wake up soon." He reassured everyone, mostly Jinyoung who looked like he was about to burst into tears. 
 
"Aigoo." Jinyoung ran his fingers through his hair. "Why is this happening?" He asked himself letting out a stray tear.
 
"Awww, hyung relax. Obviously he's going to be OK, Dongwoo hyung just said he just passed out, you know like when your really tired of singing or dancing? In this case it was Baro hyung who Sandeul hyung was tired of." The maknae smiled brightly.
 
"Are you saying this is my-"
 
"Yes." Gongchan cut his hyung off and left it at that.
 
A couple minutes later the four boys left Sandeul alone in the room so he could sleep. When they all filed into the living room they immediately through themselves on the couch letting out big sighs. They stayed like that for a while until CNU broke the silence.
 
"Isn't being autistic when you see things that aren't really there?" He asked.
 
"No that's called schizophrenia. My great aunt has that..." Jinyoung went on to tell a short story of his aunt and give some examples to the other members whilst Gongchan was lost in his own thoughts.
 
"I was right." He said softly.
 
"Right about what Channie?" Baro asked.
 
"Oh...nothing... You guys do no what autism means right?" He asked looking at the other members.
 
It took them all a while to remember what the term meant indicating that they really didn't know.
 
"Oh!" Jinyoung snapped his fingers. "Isn't it like when they have down syndrome or something?"
 
"No, that's a different kind of autism that messes with the form of the face, even though I think Sandeul's ugly he doesn't have down syndrome."
 
"At least you guys know something about autism." Gongchan muttered to himself. "Anyway, there are many types of autism, some people also call it mental retardation, but it's kind of rude." He looked at Baro who looked away. "But it's a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by great difficulty in communicating and forming relationships, that's the general definition, but it could be many other things too..."
 
"Is that what you were trying to tell me earlier?" CNU asked Gongchan.
 
"Yeah...If Sandeul really is autistic- which I can totally believe, we need to really look into this, this could be serious. We should console a doctor, there's a limit to things that Sandeul hyung can do."
 
"Are you saying Sandeul really is a retard?" Baro laughed a bit like a lunatic. "Wow! Jinyoung way to pick a person on looks and talent, did you do any background check on him?" He continued to laugh psychotically.
 
"This isn't funny Baro hyung." Gongchan said getting serious. "Sandeul hyung being autistic, from what I can tell he has the mind of a small child and a small child has it's limits on what it can learn. This could really hurt us." He swallowed.
 
Everything that Gongchan said was the truth, if Sandeul really was autistic than it could hurt the groups image and they would be raided with millions of questions form fans and even worse, reporters and the company would never settle for this because it looks bad on their image. 
 
"Then we wont let this out." Jinyoung stood up from the couch looking over everyone in a cold way. "We cant even tell manager hyung, not now at least. We cant tell anyone." 
 
"But hyung-"
 
"You." Jinyoung pointed to CNU. "Go to manager hyung and tell him we need a doctors appointment for all of us before we debut again, take Gongchan if you need to." He turned to Baro next. "And you... Don't get into any more trouble with that boy, until we know what we're really dealing with, you treat him with respect, he is your hyung and you need to treat him like one, got it?" Jinyoung wasn't taking no for an answer with any of them.
 
"Yeah sure." Baro sighed, putting his hands up.
 
"Good. I need to go to the store, you guys stay here." Jinyoung put on his coat and his shoes using the store as an excuse to clear his head, but before he was about to close the door behind him he stuck his head in saying, "This remains a secret." Then left without another word.
 
"Wow, I never saw him act this way before." Gongchan said shifting his body on the couch next to CNU.
 
"He's just under a lot of stress right now." CNU said getting up and also putting on his coat and shoes.
 
"Where are you going?" Gongchan asked.
 
"To see if manager hyung can set up a doctors appointment for us soon. You should come with me."
 
"Yeah I better just in case you screw up." They laughed.
 
"Behave yourself Baro-ah" CNU said as they left the dorms.
 
Meanwhile in Baro and Sandeal's shared room, Sandeul was still peacefully asleep in his own little dream land. He was dreaming about his noona back in Busan and how sad she looked when he was coming back home. It looks like Sandeul couldn't keep his own secret after all. "I'm sorry noona..."