Chapter 8

Not 100%

“You guys are live in 30!” One of the directors shouted within 5 feet of the boys.

 

All 5 of them were standing backstage with mics taped to their cheeks and earphones logged  in their ears. For the past 5 minutes they were bouncing up and down in unison trying to get those last minute jitters out of their system before appearing on their debut stage.

 

“Hyung!” Sandeul turned to Gongchan that was swaying side to side next to him. “I’m really scared!” She shouted.

“Sandeul Hyung I’m right here! You don't have to shout at me, ok?!” Gongchan screamed.

CNU came up from behind the boys and put his arms around them. “You’re both shouting, we literally only have 20 seconds till we go up there so let's get in position.” He said in attempt to calm the boys and himself down.

This only made Sandeul even more nervous when he took his place directly behind Baro. “15, 14, 13, 12, 11…” He mumbled speeding up his pronunciation the closer he got to zero.

Baro started to fidget at the sound of Sandeul's countdown. “Omo… Baro hyung, are you nervous?” Sandeul asked absent mindedly.

“No, but you're counting is really pissing me off!” Baro grumbled.

Sandeul looked confused for a moment, then his attention went straight to the monitor that graphic font read, “Next debut stage… B1A4!” He clenched the microphone in his fist so hard his knuckles turned white. Everything from that point until he was blinded by the lights on stage was in slow motion. His legs felt heavy like lead and he could taste the sweat from his upper lip, but it was time, so all those nerves had to be left backstage.

“All of South Korea is watching me noona, watching me sing…”

OK girl 이제부터 니꺼야

I love you~

The stage went black as the crowd went on and just like that, it was over.

The boys filed down the stairs, backstage, and made way into their dressing room. When the doors shut behind them they were all dead silent, they all stood their with their hair stuck to their faces and sweat dripping off the tips of their noses. It was too quiet though, especially for Sandeul.

Sandeul started to apologize for whatever he thought he did wrong. “I’m-” The door busted open and hit the wall with a bang. The manager stomped in the room with heavy feet and let out a roar.

“Oh .” Baro said short, under his breath.

The boys’ manager howled for a few seconds before he congratulated them on their successful debut. “You guys, Sandeul, just by your appearance on stage alone was amazing. The fans loved you. Look.” He grabbed the remote on the coffee table in the center of the dressing room and pointed it at the television. There were live cameras of the crowd and even after their departure off stage, the fans were chanting their song and their names well over the normal time, delaying the next group's performance. “They love you! I hope I get a raise for this. Good job boys!” With that, their manager left the room, telling them to go and celebrate back at the company building and to get rest for their schedules tomorrow.

Back at the dorm, Jinyoung was in his room, while Baro, Gongchan, CNU, and Sandeul were all in the living room having a mini celebration themselves.

Sandeul looked around the living room, noticing a lack of presence from one of his hyungs. “Where’s Jinyoung hyung, Dongwoo hyung?” He asked.

“He’s in his room.” CNU answered while carrying around a sloppy screaming Gongchan on his back.

Jinyoung was in his room with his guitar strapped around his shoulders and nesting softly in his lap. Each string he pulled created the perfect note, one after the other. He heard a knock at the door, but continued to play. “Come in.” He said, not breaking his attention from the wooden guitar.

“Hi hyung!” Sandeul said cheerfully, before Jinyoung had the chance to respond, Sandeul continued. “Thank you so much hyung… for choosing me. I’m sorry if I cause you trouble, because of how I am in the brain, but I’ve never felt so happy in my whole life, since the day you picked me. From now on I’ll work harder to hide my secret and I’ll learn the dance moves and I’ll sing better than anyone else in the whole world, because I love you. I love B1A4.” He had faint tears in his eyes that ran down his cheeks and onto his shirt.

Jinyoung was moved with the youngers sweet, sweet words and engulfed him in a tight hug, forgetting his guitar. Jinyoung was truly happy in this moment and he probably never felt true happiness like this before, so it was pretty strange for him. “I love you too Sandeul ah.” He smiled. “You work harder than anyone else so you can become better, so you can show everyone in the industry that you can do it, better than everyone else.” He said in a serious tone, but spoke the truth. At times Jinyoung felt bad for the boy, because he knew that Sandeul would always hold onto this guilt that he’s holding everyone back, but in reality, if he works just a little harder, he would surpass the other members in their own talent. He was scared of that day happening because on that day B1A4 would no longer be, but in that moment Jinyoung was selfless and in that moment he wanted someone else's dreams to come true other than his own.


~A/N~

 

Hi guys! This fanfic will be regularly updated starting now! Sorry to the subs that have been waiting, but I really wanna finish this!

I hope you guys liked it, I know it was short, but I thought it would be a good starter for the next updates which will be a lot more detailed(and longer).

Please comment and sub!! I like reading what you guys have to say.

Have a nice day~

 

The song lyrics are from O.K. (their actual 2011 debut song)