Chapter 9 (Part 2/2)

Not 100%

The five eventually all caught up with each other after what seemed like forever while running, but they still had the girls hot on their tail, with increasing numbers. They were only a few blocks away from the company building where they would be safe, but a series of red lights was slowing them down.

“Jinyoung what do we do?!” One of the members asked out of breath.

Jinyoung looked across the street intensly, like he was thinking of a great plan for escape, but in reality, his plan was less intelligent.

“Just go for it!” He yelled.

“Jinyoung no!” The boys shouted, trying to grab onto him.

Jinyoung darted his way through the fast sea of cars, barely getting hit in the process trying to get to the other side. When he made it he kept running leaving everyone else behind.

“What an idiot.” Baro said under his breath.

Gongchan pulled at his hair. “Ugh this light is taking too long!” He looked around and down the block. “Guys they’re only a couple blocks away, I can see them!” they all turned towards his extended arm and saw the girls make their way up the street, also ignoring traffic signals.

They were running out of time. “There’s no faster way to the building! And our dorms are in the other direction!.” CNU said kicking the traffic light on the corner.

Gongchan looked at the fans again and saw them getting closer. He looked at the busy intersection in front of him, then back at the fans, then back at the intersection finally making a decision. “I’ll meet you guys back at the company!” He took off running south of the company building down a narrow alleyway.

“Hey wait, I’m coming with you!” CNU shouted as he followed the fleeting maknae.

And then there were two. They were faced with limited choices and of course time. The horde of girls was closing in on them and engaging in their endless questions, signings, and selfies was not part of the end game. So they needed to think of something. Fast.

Baro looked passed the moving cars in the busy intersection and wondered how Jinyoung made it so safely across. He closed his eyes for a moment and open them to find a couple girls only a few feet away from them. He panicked and grabbed Sandeul’s arm. “Let’s go Sandeul.” He pulled the boy closer to the edge of the sidewalk about to take his first step into the heavy traffic flow.

“No! We can’t cross the street on a red light, it’s dangerous and against the law. The city has laws for a reason because-”

“We don’t have time for this!” Baro grabbed the boy’s hand and started heading west of the building in front of them.

Sandeul was having trouble keeping up with the sudden sprint and he was getting really uncomfortable with the fact that his “hyung” was touching him. “You’re squeezing my hand too hard Baro hyung. Why aren't we going the way other hyungs went?” He asked.

Baro still hand in hand with Sandeul said, “The girls are already going that way, them leaving bought us enough time.”

They ran a couple blocks upward and even took it a step further by running into the metro and out the emergency exit, within those 15 minutes the two were winded. They found a nice out of place brick wall where they rested their backs on and heaved to catch their breath.

 


 

 

Back in the company building were only one member made it back safely.

 

“Oh Jinyoung!” Jinyoung turned around a little out of breath to find the CEO approaching him.

“Hello.” He said smiling from cheek to cheek.

“I caught you just in time. I wanted to go over a couple of things about B1A4’s second album.” He pulled some papers out of a manilla folder he had in hand. “Well it’s more of a deadline. Now I know your manager going MIA isn't something you can control, but you can control what you guys get done during your holiday.” Jinyoung noted along with the subtle scolding. “You have until the end of this month to write, record, and produce your next mini album, all the concepts and sample tracks are all in this folder so do what you need to, to finish in time. After this month is over, then that’s when we start doing promo stuff and music videos for the next top track.” He handed Jinyoung the thin folder. “Okay?”

Jinyoung looked at the cream colored folder like it was a delicate newborn baby he didn't want to have the responsibility of. His voice was a bit shaky. “Okay.”

“Great!” He made a strong fist. “I’m counting on you guys, you’re number one, so try to maintain that!”

And like that he left as quickly as he showed up leaving Jinyoung feeling light headed with the heavy task about to hit everyone hard.

 


 

 

“I think we’re safe.” Baro said with a heavy exhale.

At that moment Sandeul could care less if the girls were still chasing them or not, he could still feel the others grip nice and tight around his hand. “Please let go of my hand…” He said with a sinister undertone. Baro looked at their intertwined hand and up at Sandeul and threw his hand out of his like he just touched something slimy, which their hands both were from running such a long distance.

Sandeul looked around at his surroundings, he was still new to the city so he took every situation he was in as a learning experience, but he didn't recognize the part of the city he was in this time. “Uhm, Baro hyung, where are we?”

After finally catching his breath he too looked around at the surroundings and even tried to find any outstanding monuments to help pinpoint where they were. “Good question.” He responded.

The two eventually left the brick wall after checking if the cost was 100 percent clear. The went straight and found a steel black painted fence around what looked like a mansion fit for the royal family. Sandeul being from his small town had never seen anything so astonishing. The lawn looked like it could go for miles, green from one end of the property to the other. The bushes within the perimeter of the fence were nicely shaped and lush, some even were crafted into simple shapes like circles and triangles. There was even a large marble water fountain in the center of the lawn that had an angel wrapped with marble cloth with a constant flow of water trickling out its mouth. In the middle there was a walkway that looked like it was made with silver rocks and coated with what Sandeul described as “gel” because it looked so shiny. The walked the length of the fence and went around the corner to see if there was an entry way. Baro was intrigued too, he didn't think Korea had places that looked so Western, especially in a big city like Seoul.

It seemed like it took forever, but they were finally making their way up to the entrance of this mysterious building. There was no one insight except a man in a security guard uniform who was eyeballing them the whole time. As they got closer Baro could make out the engraving of a gold plaque that was mounted proudly on the front gate. “Featuring... Seven… Academy?” He read the English writing. He came to the realization. “Oh damn… A freaking high school? You gotta be kidding me!” He threw his arms in the air then placed them on his hips. There they were right back at square one, but he remained calm because he figured all the students were still in class so that gave them time to figure out a way to leave the property and back into the general public.

“Look hyung, that girl is waving at me.” Sandeul was off to the side practically hanging off the gate waving at a girl in a school uniform with her phone pointing straight at them. “Hello!” He said loud and cheery.

“Sandeul!” The younger pulled him off the fence and rushed to the other side of the gate so they were no longer visible to the girl. “Shut up.” He placed his right hand around the others mouth while one the left was wrinkling the middle of his shirt. He looked over Sandeul's shoulder watching the girl walk in the other direction.

Sandeul’s voice was muffled while Baro’s hand was still covering his mouth. Finally he had let go escaping from the moisture left on his hand from the other. “But I think she knows me.” Sandeul said once freed.

Baro rolled his eyes and let Sandeul go all together in annoyance. “No sherlock, your face is only plastered on half of the billboards in the whole city.” Baro walked up to Sandeul and got real close to his face, he pointed a finger and poked it at his chest and said, “She doesn't know you, she knows who you are.”

 


 

 

“Channie! Gongchan! Gongchan stop!” CNU was pleading with the younger to stop running, he couldn't feel his legs anymore and was starting to sweat out of control.

Gongchan turned around only for the sole purpose to make sure his hyung didn't collapse on the ground and get trampled over by rabid fans. He scoffed at the sight of his hyung huntched over with one hand on his knee and the other gripping his chest. “Hyung come on!” He tried pulling his arm.

All CNU did was wave him off. “Gongchan… They stopped coming after us half a mile ago, why do you keep running?” He asked with his breathing all over the place.

Gongchan no had his hand on CNU’s back, but still checked past him to see if he was telling the truth. “You can't be too sure hyung. If you can't keep up, then find your own way back.” He patted CNU’s back and started walking again.

CNU finally managed to stand straight up. “Wow, Channie what’s wrong?” He stood in place with his arms out.

“Nothing hyung.” He turned around and shook his head obliviously. “Obviously I don't want to be pummeled by fans just to take a picture with them.”

CNU walked closer. “Is that why you’re being so rude? Because you don't want to engage with fans?” He put a hand on Gongchan’s shoulder.

He shook it off and looked him in the eye. “Sure Dongwoo, that’s the exact reason.” He said with an empty voice and started to walk away again.

CNU was getting annoyed and went after him. “Gongchan stop.” He grabbed the younger's shoulder again and forcefully turned him around so they were face to face. “You’ve been running for almost an hour. I’m tired and I want you to just tell me what’s going on. We’re so far from the company building and the dorms. We have to go back now.”

Gongchan let out a deep sigh. “I’m tired too hyung.” He said sounding defeated.

 


 

“No thanks to you we’re on the opposite side of the city!” Baro shouted with his arms flailing in the air.

The two made their way away from the private property without a problem, but the one they were left with was how they would get back to where they needed to be. In the meantime they ended up at an empty park.  

Sandeul sat on an empty bench that was accompanied with light coming from a street lamp. “I’m sorry hyung.” He sincerely apologized, but he didn't really know what for.

Baro growled. “I’m not your hyung! Why can't you get that through your thick head?” He jabbed his index finger at poor Sandeul’s head

The later just sat there with his hands in between his legs and his shoulders slumped over “I’m sorry hyung.” He apologized again even more confused as to why he was being abused.

“Sometimes I really hate you.” Baro said under his breath as he plopped himself down right next to Sandeul.

Sandeul stood up the moment Baro even landed on the bench. Even though Sandeul was sorry, he couldn't accept being bullied, especially since he didn't know what it was about and quite frankly, he was just tired of Baro being so mean to him all the time without a reason. “I’m sorry, but what do I do?” He asked, his head was down the whole entire time. “I know I’m special, but I’m not stupid. I probably know more than you do in a lot of things, just because I don't understand things about people and I don't remember a few things that people think are important, that doesn't mean you can bully me like the kids in my primary school. A bully become a bully when they have no reason to be mean to the person they are bullying.” He then looked straight into Baro’s eyes and firmly pointed at him. “You’re mean hyung! And I’ve been really nice to you since I first joined. I don't get you!” He was yelling now. “You always make me feel sick. Sometimes I just want to go home because I know Noona will be nice to me.” He finished and turned his back towards him.

“Sandeul…” Baro slowly stood up.

“No Baro, you’re a bully and Noona said to stay away from people who are mean to me.” He pouted kicking the dirt beneath him.

“But you know I don't really mean it.” Baro was feeling guilty. He knew Sandeul had a hard time communicating with people and he didn't know why everything about the boy irked him so much, but for him to stand up for himself made Baro realize how much of an he was to him since the beginning and it made him respect Sandeul more,  as a person.

Sandeul tuned around with his brow furrowed. “Why would you pretend to be ugly to someone that likes you?”

“What?”

Sandeul dropped his shoulders and started walking towards the near traffic lights. “I’m big enough to find my way back to the dorms by myself.”

“No wait! You don't even know you’re way around the city!” Baro said as he stood there alone in the park. He looked around and realized how dark it was and it spooked him a little. “I barely know my way around the city…” He said finally chasing after him.

 


 

 

On the not so distant side of the city were Gongchan and CNU finally within viewpoint of the company building.

“Oh thank GOD.” Gongchan growed as he flung his arms in the air at the sight of the beautifully lit up building.

CNU laughed. “You’re the one that was trying to do a marathon across the city.” He nudged Gongchan with his shoulder.

“I know I’m usually the joker, but I’m really not in the mood.” Gongchan sighed with all the energy he had left.

“Well when we get back I’m taking a nice warm b- wait.” CNU stretched out his arm in front of the younger's chest to prevent him from taking another step. Gongchan looked at him confused for a second then say a group of girls across the street of the building, the same one they were stuck in. They were like deer in headlights.

Meanwhile on the other side of the building were Baro and Gongchan slowly making their way to the entrance, not even noticing the other two at the end of the block.

“Look it’s Baro and Sandeul hyung!” Gongchan whispered. He went to wave at them, but when unnoticed. “They walked in there so easily, the girls didn't even notice.” He said shocked and somewhat jealous.

CNU took a nice inhale. “Then we’ll just have to do the same.” They started making their way up to the building then one of the girls in the crowd started screaming their names.

Without hesitation the two took off and busted through the doors of the building back to safety, there they met up with the rest of B1A4 , including Jinyoung.

“I see you all made it back in one piece.” Their manager said almost huddling them all together.

“We see you too made it back in one piece.” Gongchan jabbed his words at their manager.

Their manager squinted his eyes at the maknae, but dismissed his comment. “There’s a van outside waiting for you guys to take you back home, it’s in the back so you’ll be good to go without any problems from those girls out there.” He left them with a pat on the shoulder.

All 5 of them crawled in the van and moments later safely made it back to the dorms where it was nice and warm. The first half hour was bickering on who would take a shower first between Gongchan and Baro, but Sandeul took no part of the conversation and slipped in without notice. The rest cleaned up finally and ate a late dinner and were off to bed. To everyone surprise Baro and Sandeul were pretty close to each other the whole entire night while they were all telling each other their stories about the day's happenings. Jinyoung even apologized for his absence, but no one really asked him about it.


Right before Jinyoung was about to lay in bed he heard his door creak open and some familiar frames peeing inside. Jinyoung motioned for CNU to come inside, but he just stood in the door frame.

“Oh what did the CEO say about the second album?” He asked right away.

“Just that we need to work hard on it.” Jinyoung simply answered.

CNU raised his brow waiting to hear the worst schedule possible “What does the schedule for that look like?” He asked.

There was a slight pause before Jinyoung answered. “... Personally I want it to be done by the end of the month.” He said so nonchalant.

“Well that might be hard, but I think we can do it.” No matter what it was, for the sake of Jinyoung CNU always tried to remain optimistic.

“We have to.” He muttered.

“What was that?”

Jinyoung shook his head, his hair bouncing along. “Nothing, sorry for leaving back there, you guys had a long day I bet, please get some rest so we can start tomorrow.”

“Will do.” CNU noticeable bowed his head and went to close the door slowly. “Oh and Jinyoung ah…” He opened it slightly with only his head poking in. “Are you sure everything is ok?”

Jinyoung paused yet again before answering, but a bit longer this time. “Everything is… competent.” With that the two parted their ways into their assigned rooms and the dorm was left quite for the night.  


 




 

~A/N~

 

I apologize if this has a lot of mistakes I didn't proof read! I hope you enjoyed it anyway~! Some people have some secrets and aren't telling the full truth… Poor CNU no one is telling him anything^^’


Have a nice day~