Chapter 9 (Part 1/2)

Not 100%

All was quiet in B1A4’s dorm, CNU was washing the last of the dishes from the night before while Jinyoung was slumped over the kitchen table aimlessly playing tapping games on his phone. Sandeul was watering the synthetic plants that made home on top of the refrigerator and Baro was spread out on the couch, “resting his eyes”. Meanwhile Gongchan…

“Omg omg omg~! Can you guys believe this?! I can't even-”

“Just show us the damn screen already.” Baro interrupted an overexcited Gongchan, that interrupted his nap. The boy came darting in the living room where the rest of the members were idle.

Gongchan shuffled in his slippers to the couch were the other boys crowded around. He plopped down practically on his hyung's lap shoving the tablet in his face.

“Geez, can you wait till I get up at least?” Baro was annoyed as he had to shift himself from under that maknaes bottom.

Gongchan grinned. “Oh hyung, you know what I prefer to sit on.” He patted his hyung's face in a joking manner, but that later wasn't having any of it.

“Gongchan ah, just show us what you’re so excited about.” Jinyoung cut in on his maknaes wanna be love fest.

Gongchan turned around with his big doe eyes and said in an oh-so-innocent voice, “You mean other than Baro hyung?” He batted his eyelashes.

Leader fail…

As Jinyoung was trying his best not to die inside, the rest of the members let out a little chuckle, even Sandeul(who didn't really know what was going on, but he thought Gongchan looked cute).

“Okay look!” Gongchan got right on topic. “While I was on the toilet I-”

Sandeul interrupted. “You’re not supposed to talk about bathroom things when you're not in the bathroom hyung.”

Gongchan slightly rolled his eyes while his attention was still on the screen in front of him. “Anyway~ I opened up my usual stat apps and articles that I check on the daily, just to see where we are on the charts and other artist in the company and other artist in other companies, BTS is actually doing really well, you know-”

“Just get to the point!” The other four shouted.

“Okay girl! I went onto the company website and records and… We’re number one throughout the whole entire company! AND, we’re nominated for best debut, album, and special stage at next year's MAMA awards!” Gongchan finished with a squeal.

Baro looked around the room with his eyes wide “Are you ing serious?!” He shouted leaping up from the couch and punching his fist in the air.

Sandeul laughed in the background at Baro’s foul language.

“Omo! This is such great news.” Jinyoung was trying to hold back tears of joy. 6 months after their debut, a whole 6 months after all their hard work, Jinyoung only knew it would get harder because the company, their fans, and the rest of Korea now have high expectations of them. He realized how much he wanted this and it made the first year of him being in B1A4 a joke, but he knew great things would come thanks to their little special secret.

Suddenly Sandeul engulfed the leader in a tight hug before he even knew what was going on. “See hyung, you’re the best leader hyung in the whole world! Noona would be so proud.” He finished with a light peck on Jinyoung’s high cheek bones.

In the background, CNU was pretty quiet after the big news. Gongchan stretched his neck to get a look at CNU, his body following. “Why are you so quiet?” He asked.

CNU’s answer was delayed, he elegantly wrapped his fingers around his slim chin. “I was just thinking,” he made his way from behind the couch to the front and continued to voice his thoughts to the others. “Shouldn’t we have heard about this sooner? Like a lot sooner than today? I mean it’s kind of a big deal. When was this stuff posted?”

Gongchan was switching through tabs. “About 20 minutes before I showed you guys?” He answered uncertain.

“See! Why didn't anyone tell us at least a day or two before?”

They were all silent for a while, left to their own thoughts about the situation.

“Manager hyung…” Sandeul mumbled under his breath.

Everyone’s attention was on him.

“We’ve had a break for three days now and Manager hyung has been away this whole time.” He explained.

Jinyoung groaned, “Oh not this again.”

“What is it hyung?” Sandeul rushed to Jinyoung like he was about to collapse.

All Jinyoung did was clench his jaw showing teeth, while his forehead throbbed against the ball of his hand.

Sandeul was concerned, not understanding the leaders true expression. “Manager hyung might be with his family, celebrating the good news.” He tried his best to comfort him. “What’s wrong with hyung?” He looked towards the other members for an answer.

Gongchan stepped up. “So last time after our debut, in the first week or two we got pretty popular, but nothing like this and our fame died out by the end of the month, but I guess all the recognition got the better of Manager hyung and he disappeared for a couple of days. Long story short, we found him at an ajumma's food card passed out cold.”

“Was it winter?”

“No… He was drunk.”

“I need to talk to the CEO about this…” Jinyoung got out of his head long enough to gather his belongings and head out the door with the destination of the company building, CNU chasing after him.

Moments later CNU came back and told the other three that their leader would join them for BBQ when things were situated later.

 


 

 

After a while I felt really queasy. Noona says that people feel that way sometimes because they ate something really bad. I only ate toast with eggs and I know that wasn't bad because it tasted really good and if it was bad I would’ve had gas. Jinyoung said I should say ‘gas’ instead of ‘fart’ because it’s more polite. Maybe I felt so sick because Jinyoung hyung looked like he wasn't feeling well. When appa’s face gets red he moves silly… Hyung's face was all red, when my face gets red it means I’m not happy, so maybe hyung was... mad?

I don't like myself sometimes because I can’t tell how people are feeling unless they tell me or if they are yelling at me like how appa used to back in Busan or how Baro hyung did when we first met. Sometimes being stuck in the brain hurts, especially others. I’m really good at memorizing things, but why can't I remember anything about people?

 


 

“I feel kinda bad eating BBQ without Jinyoung hyung.” Gongchan said as he shoved his hands in the pockets of his skinny jean.

The boys were standing outside of a family owned BBQ house waiting in disguise for the later to show up.

It was only half past noon, but there was a slight chill in the air. Because it was a Tuesday, there weren't that many people or students in the area, which made it safe, but there’s always someone watching.

“Nnngg.” Sandeul was fighting with this disguise that consisted of a baseball cap and a pair of wide retro sunglasses. “Mmmm, this hat is really scratchy hyung.” He complained.

“You can take everything off when we’re all inside.” CNU reassured him.

Gongchan looked over at his hyung with his signature smirk. “Or you can take your everything off now hyung.” He said more cute than seductive.

Baro looked over at the two. “You better be talking to Dongwoo hyung.”

Took the bait.

“Oh, you couldn't tell because of the shades?” Gongchan tilted them down to the tip of his nose. “I was looking straight at you hyung.” He quirked his lips outwards towards the rapper.

Baro scoffed but quickly moving to the far left of the maknae and next to Sandeul. “You play too much.”

“I could-”

“That’s enough Gong Chan Sik.” CNU put a hand in front of Gongchan’s chest, looking him in the eye.

Meanwhile, Sandeul was still fidgeting with his accessories. “These glasses are too small for my face. Too small! Noona always said I had a wide face. Are these meant for people with wide faces?” He started to panic.

“Is this really happening right now?” Baro said with a roll of the eyes.

“Geez Sandeul hyung, calm down, you’re drawing attention.” Gongchan whispered.

He was right, a couple of people passing by seemed to carefully examine the four of them, one guy even took out his phone and took a picture!

Oh no. I’m feeling queasy again and my face is hot and red! Aigoo… Noona what’s wrong with me?

“Ah look, it’s Jinyoung now.” CNU sighed happily. He directed the other members attention towards the slender man with grey and white new balance shoes, light washed skinny jeans that hugged his toned legs and a one size too large grey hoodie with his sleek bronze hair peeking from under the hood.

Sandeul whipped his head around at the sound of his favorite leader's name. “Jinyoung hyung! Jinyoung Hyung!” He yelled from across the block.

At that moment time had slowed down. Jinyoung’s mouth formed a slight ‘o’ as he stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes widened as he looked passed the other members. The rest soon caught on and looked behind them slowly to find an overweight teenage girl in her bright blue school uniform pointing her finger at the group with open, teeth showing and a cell phone in the other hand with the flash on. The boys all looked at each other in panic, then back at Jinyoung to find him already fleeing the scene. When the four looked back at the girl, a whole crowd of at least 15 girls was making advances towards them.

“Ruuuun!” CNU screamed making a beeline straight for Jinyoung, leaving the other three to fend for themselves.

The three all took one last look at each other and took off.

 



 

~A/N~

Hi everyone, sorry for not updating on Thursday, I forgot how easy it was to not update. I thought this chapter was getting pretty long so I’ve decided to split this into two parts, so the second part will come out on Thursday.

Have a nice day <3