Trouble

Her flaws

"Minyoung! Thank god. It's over, let's go, before she comes!" Daniel climbed his way to the driver's seat, giggling and laughing, leaving Minyoung confused. "What? Who's gonna catch you? And, why are you laughing like a lunatic?" Minyoung asked, her brows furrowed. Daniel turned to her, and smiled. "Heh. Nothing. Let's just, eat your mother's lasagne, yeah?" Daniel laughed awkwardly, concentrating on the road. *Strange guy, as always.* Minyoung thought to herself.

"Hmm! Smells good Mrs Lee!" Daniel rubbed his hands, excited. Mrs Lee chuckled in amusement, happy to see Daniel for the nth time in her house. Daniel has been coming to Minyoung's house since forever. Mrs Lee has lost count, even. It was Kangjun last time, but now, she could see the difference between them. Kangjun was caring, yes, but it was lacking in a way. As if it was'nt sincere enough to make her feel secured if she were to hand Minyoung to him one day. 

But it was a whole different feeling when it comes to Daniel. He was gentle, caring, loving, sincere and lovely. He never fails to bring flowers or basket filled with fruits for Mrs and Mr Lee. He was respectful towards them, asking for permission before he goes in Minyoung's room. He never wanted to rush things, and he was certain, he knew what he was doing. 

Mrs Lee never understood him, though. She knew the reason for Daniel's visits to her house. Minyoung, of course. But, she was'nt the same as she used to be. She had a flaw, a big one at that, yet, he still came, without caring whatever people had to say about him. Daniel's mother even got mad at him one day, scolding him and tried to put some sense into him about wanting to spend the rest of his life with Minyoung. He was handsome, clever, tall, the epitome of perfection. Yet, he chose Minyoung. 

The feeling or thought of wanting to change never once occured to him. It never will, Daniel thought. One should love another for who they really are, their heart, not what they seem to be, their appearance. Being beautiful and normal is a bonus, or so he thought. People, commonly, fall in love with the other party partly because of their appearance. Whatever it was, that was'nt how it went for Daniel. He loved her wholeheartedly and sincerely, without a doubt.

It was true when the day Minyoung got into the accident, he was shocked, and thought about the many possibilities of him not being able to meet her again for the rest of his life. It was scary, horrifying and terrifying. She was going to disappear from his life, just like that. And he was there to witness it all. He felt guilty like hell, no matter what people said to him, it did'nt change how he felt for his carelessness.

The feelings he felt for Minyoung eversince they were 5 never changed, it only grew. And he never once wavered over his feelings. He did'nt know why. Minyoung had that calming, sweet aura around her and it never faltered. It's true Minyoung was loved by many eversince she was young, and Daniel could'nt help but feel jealous that his girl was being surrounded by boys better looking than him. 

It was saddening too, that Minyoung never once noticed him. It was depressing for him of course, but he knew it was'nt Minyoung's fault that he was left unnoticed. So then his plan continued, he tried ways to find Minyoung again, believing in that one quote he heard :"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be." He knew as well that god had a plan for him and that he was going to try his best to find Minyoung and pour his love all over her.

The day he set his eyes towards that one familiar girl he knew back then, he knew it was fate that had brought them together. Then that stupid, useless Kangjun just had to be there in the picture. No doubt when he heard that Kangjun was attending the same school as him and him in the same group, he felt like slapping Kangjun's face until he's done with it. Just the sight of him made him angry and annoyed, knowing from the first time that he was'nt going to stay with Minyoung for long. 

He was the one and only for Minyoung. That's it. 

And yes, Mr and Mrs Lee has yet to know that Daniel is the Daniel Chae that they knew 13 years ago. Because Daniel did'nt feel like telling them that would change anything. 

"Woah. This is literally the best lasagne ever made! Mrs Lee! Teach me! You have to, okay?" Daniel said happily as he added another spoonful of  lasagne on his plate. Minyoung facepalmed as she shook her head, sending a glare towards Daniel. Has he no shame? Mrs Lee nodded her head and gave a motherly smile. "Sure Daniel,  sure." 

"And Daniel?" 

"Yeah?" Daniel looked up to Mrs Lee who called him. 

"No need to call me Mrs Lee darling, I treat you like my own son already. Just Sara would do, yeah?" 

Daniel was shocked for a bit, and he did feel uneasy when he had to call 'Mrs Lee' all the time. It's a little too formal and well, long and awkward at times. But really, he got used to it, until he does'nt even mind anymore. 

"Oh. Ok. Will keep that in mind, Sara." Daniel spoke. OK that, was awkward, no doubt. 

-----

"Hani, could you please keep it down a little? The neighbours can hear you." Kangjun said as he checked his assignment for the last time. Hani looked his way and rolled her eyes. "Babe, can you not bother me? And what? Are you doing homework? For the first time in your life? Wow. What got into you, really?" Hani asked as she placed her hand ily around Kangjun's neck.

"Babe, please. Not now. I can't concentrate if you keep doing this to me you know? And yes, you're not seeing things. I am doing homework for the first time in my life. You know my parents called me the other time and asked if I did my work in school and if I was being a bad boy. What? They think I'm still the 13 year old Kangjun? I'm freaking 18 Hani! God dammit." Kangjun cursed as Hani patted his back. 

"Really? My poor baby. Must be the teachers. They must've called them. Well, you know, I have an amazing offer and it can make you feel like you're the happiest person on earth." Hani asked seductively. "And all your troubles will be gone," Hani added and she snapped her fingers, "like magic." 

Kangjun gulped. He knew where this was going and it was so tempting he felt like burtsing. "Babe, please don't do this to me. You know I won't refuse it but I just need to finish this. Then we can do it all night, hmm?" Kangjun persuaded. Hani pouted. "Hmm, fine. But you'll be punished later, remember that!" Hani walked away and smirked. "Can't wait for that baby!" Kangjun shouted back and chuckled. 

His phone beeped and his brows creased into a confused shape. 'Private number' flashed on the screen as he clicked 'accept' and placed the phone onto his ear. "Hello?" Kangjun asked and no answer. *Strange* he thought. Just when he was about to end the call, a familiar voice was heard. "Is this Kangjun?" 

"Yup. This is. And who am I talking to?" Kangjun asked. 

There was silence for a while, when a voice was heard again. 

"Meet me now at Yana Cafe if you want to know. I'll be waiting." The stranger said as the call ended. Kangjun gasped. That was definitely weird and scary. Who the hell wanted to meet him at 12 in the morning? Whatever it was, Kangjun was curious and he is sure to check who it was. 

"What do you want at 12 in the morning, Daniel Chae?" Kangjun asked as he took a sip from his coffee. Daniel rolled his eyes as he leaned closer. "You know what I want, Kangjun." 

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Get straight to the point Daniel, I'm tired." Kangjun said as he rested on his seat, sighing. Daniel sat straight, looking at Kangjun straight in the eye. 

"What are you looking at?" Kangjun asked, disgusted. 

"Tell me truthfully, Kangjun," Daniel leaned closer as his eyes studied Kangjun's manly features. 

"you planned to kill Minyoung, did'nt you?"