Newbie

Her flaws

"Urin jigeum jeongmallo heyeojin geolkka, anim,

yaksokhandaero jamshi meoreojin geolkka, 

naneun i jongdomyeon chungbunhi dwen geot gateundae,

wae amureon soshigi omneun golkka.

Neoreul saranghae kkeutdo eomneun kidarimirado gwenchana,

Niga nareul tashi chajeul ttaemyeon eonjena neoreul hyanghae useo jul su inneunde~"

(Taeyeon-Closer)

 

 

Minyoung sang her heart out to the judges in front of her that was looking at her full with feel. She's good.

The judges began discussing and talking amongst themselves after Minyoung finished her last line from the song. They looked satisfied and they started nodding their heads indicating that they loved her performance. But Minyoung wasnt confident of herself if she did good or not. She wanted to hear good comments from them and then would she feel happy and proud of herself. Then she was able to sleep at night.

Anyway, she should get the part, I mean she listened to this song since she was 6. She has practiced this song for years. She should be able to get all the notes perfectly.  She started showing her passion in singing from then on and her mother definitely supports her in whatever she does. Everyone supports her. Literally everyone. 

Minyoung stayed there to wait for the judges to finish and gosh she was really nervous. VERY. You can actually see her trembling from afar. 

"Alright. Hmm, we are actually impressed by your performance because really its been so long since we've last seen a singer like you. Just the right amount of feel and your emotions really showed how much you enjoy singing this song. You've been practicing for long right? We can see it. Hahaha. And so, we'll give you a call tonight if there's a spot for you. There's still alot of people outside waiting so for now go home, and just keep praying that you'll be a trainee here in Yedang Ent. ok? We'll make a good decision so just wait for our call alright? Good job. You can go now." One of the judges known as Mrs Jang commented and gave a smile to Minyoung that somehow made Minyoung feel assured and satisfied that this is going to turn out quite well. Who knows? 

Just as Minyoung was about to leave the room, Mrs Jang added, "Wait, Miss Lee, can you, dance as well?" 

Minyoung turned to look at her and nodded. Oh yes she does. There's nothing Lee Minyoung couldnt do. 

 

 

 

 

"Mom! I'm home! Is there anything to eat? I'm starvinggg!" Minyoung made a face at her mom. 

"Yes princess. There is. Just take it, its all on the kitchen table. Anyway, how did the audition go?? Good?" Mrs Lee asked while she looked at her daughter's excited mood. 'Yep. She nailed it.' 

"Hmm, I'm not sure mom. Well I'm sure i did my best and they looked pretty impressed. I dont know. They said they'll call me if I'm accepted. Just keep praying for me ok mom?" She looked at her mother's face who was staring at her, the nervousness in her eyes. You could tell straight away how worried she must've been. 

"Hmm, yes darling. I will. Lets just keep praying. Oh yes! I almost forgot! Kangjun called just now, asking for you. I told him you were out and he said he's coming here later. I dont know when but I think its better if you-" just then came a knock on the door. "Speaking of the devil." she added. 

"Jagi! How was it?? Was it good? Did they say anything bad? Was the comments good? Huh, huh?? Tell me!!!" Kangjun asked in one breath. 

"Chill~ Hahaha it was good. Well it should be. Dont worry your girlfriend is capable of anything trust me. Let's just wait for their call tonight ok? Let's keep our fingers crossed and I'm sure everything will be alright, hmm?" Minyoung cupped Kangjun's cheeks and gave a peck. 

"Hehe I know youre the best. Lee Minyoung is the best!! I'll stay until tonight to stay with you ok? Do you think I should beg them to accept you? I mean I'm one of their most favourite members right? Hehehe." Kangjun smirked and Minyoung rolled her eyes at his idea. "What a show off." Minyoung muttered. 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, this is Lee Minyoung. May I ask who's this?" 

"Ah yes, this is Yedang Entertainment and I called you to inform you that you are counted as one of our trainees now. Congratulations! You are accepted into Yedang Entertainment tonight and we are glad to inform you, welcome to the family! Please come here tomorrow at 2 and we'll discuss more about your training here. Sign the contract and introduce you to the other members that will be spending their whole time with you from now on. So, see you tomorrow Miss Lee Minyoung." 

"Thank you, so so so so much!! I will and omg just thank youu!" Minyoung burst out smiling at Kangjun that was siting beside her while the phone was on speaker and at that time, Minyoung was probably the happiest girl alive. Kangjun had never seen Minyoung smile this big in his entire life with her. It was really big till you could see her shining white teeth and Kangjun was madly proud of his girl. She did it. His girl did it. 

Minyoung couldnt sleep at all that night. She kept tossing and turning and flipping her pillow all night. Whats bothering her? Tomorrow. That's what's bothering her. 

She decided to call Kangjun to sing her to sleep or something just listen to his voice could possibly be enough. Just something or someone to distract her. Reading books, surfing the internet, going out for a walk wasnt enough. She was just drop dead nervous on whats going to happen the next day. She wasnt sure if the new members were gonna love her or hate her. 

"Jagiya, you awake? I couldnt sleep. Just sing me a song please. My favourite one is.... far away! Yep. Hehe pleaseee. Start Prince Kangjun! Sing for the princess!" Minyoung giggled. 

"Huh? Jagi its 3 in the morning and youre not asleep yet? Isnt tomorrow your big day? You should have enough sleep so at least you dont sleep while intoducing yourself to the others. Hah. Ok wait I think that would be a really great idea dont you think?" Kangjun giggled eventhough his voice sounded pretty hoarse. 

"Mean." Minyoung pouted. "Just sing a song for me. Oh?" she added.

"Yes princess alright. Meoreojilkkabwa, naega shirheojilkkabwa, malhago sipeotneunde ibi tteoreojijiga anhasseo~" And Kangjun continued till he could hear her snoring at the end of the line. "Cute." He thought. "Love you Minyoung jagi." he whispered.

 

 

 

"Minyoung! Wake up! It's already 12 and Kangjun is already here! Wake up you sleepy head gosh. Kangjun darling, could you please check up on her? Breakfast is ready, or you could say lunch?" Mrs Lee ordered. 

Kangjun peeped on her door and he still find her sleeping soundly with her Pororo bear that he had bought for her on her first birthday with him together. He tip-toed his way beside her and admired the beautiful fair-skinned Minyoung with her beautiful features. Her eyes, nose, lips and everything else just seem so perfect in his eyes. Everyone think Minyoung is perfect too but their definition of perfect is really different from his definition of perfect. Well duhh.

He stayed there for a while more, knowing that she needed a little more time to rest since she had a really hard time sleeping the other night. Kangjun caressed Minyoung's hair with utmost care and tender. Minyoung budged a little but continued to sleep. 

"Kangjun! Is Minyoung up yet?? She's going to be late for her meeting later!" Mrs Lee shouted and Kangjun nodded to himself. *Right. Are'nt I supposed to wake her up? Aigoo Kangjun youre really a .* he thought to himself, giving a soft knock on his head. 

"Minyoung-ah. Wake up! It's already 12 30 youre going to be late for your meeting later at Yedang remember? Minyoung-ah. Wake up, oh? Your Kangjun is here!!" he tapped Minyoung's arm slowly. Minyoung slowly opened her eyes and rubbed it to see a clearer view. "Oh? Oppa, youre here. What time is it?" 

"It's 12 30 already Minyoung-ah. Youre going to be late for your meeting with Yedang. Let's wash up now and eat and i'll drive you to the company ok? Mother's getting impatient now. Come." Kangjun helped Minyoung up and helped her to the toilet. "I'll be waiting for you downstairs ok? Be fast!" Kangjun reminded and he went off. 

"Ok darling. We're here. I'll be parking my car so you go first. Anyway we cant be seen with each other. Hmph, looks like its going to be harder for me to spend my time with you. It's ok I'll make sure to text you during breaks and maybe we could meet up? Oh?" Kangjun cupped Minyoung's cheeks and gave a peck on the lips. "All the best baby!" Kangjun pushed his fists to the air and kissed Minyoung's forehead, leaving his mark there. 

 

 

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo my name is Lee Minyoung. Nice to meet all of you. Please help and teach me on my journey starting from now on. And I hope to get closer to each and everyone of you here." Minyoung gave a sweet smile and sat. Everyone seem to like her since she showed a good side of her to them and the manager had personally chose Minyoung as the visual of the group. They were given respected parts in the group and everyone agreed, not daring to say anything since they were all new. 

"So, Minyoung unnie, do you have a boyfriend?" the youngest of the group named Hani asked cheekily. Minyoung was wavering on whether she should tell them about her personal life. Since she is now a trainee and every personal information was to be kept as a secret. Whatmore if they knew that her boyfriend is also in the exact same company as theirs. They could just have feelings for her guy, they're seniors afterall. 

"Uhh, no. I dont." she answered nervously, trying to hide the truth like a professional. She needs to get used to this. "How about you, Hani dongsaeng?" Minyoung quickly asked, trying to change the subject. 

"Hmm, I dont have one too but Kangjun oppa from C-clown looks so hot!! I'm thinking if I should ask him out. Hehehe." Hani smiled as she blushed to herself. 

"Oh! No you-" Minyoung shouted after listening to Hani's words. The thing Hani doesnt know about is that she's telling her new friend that is currently in a relationship with her crush that she has a crush with her boyfriend. What a horrible situation. It couldnt just get any worse. 

*It's going to get harder Minyoung. Just put up with it.* Minyoung thought to herself while she gave a big sigh.