Getting jealous

Her flaws

"Hey Daniel, care to go for lunch together? I'm feeling hungry already!" Minyoung pouted and she slung her arms around Daniel's neck and smiled brightly. Daniel was taken aback with how close Minyoung was to him, her scent making it harder for Daniel to resist the urge of getting away from Minyoung. She was too tempting, especially after years of not seeing her and he had tried his best to avoid her gaze but to no avail. Anyways, it was Minyoung who was making all the moves, not him.

 

"Lunch? Well, that sounds good but..are'nt you eating with Kangjun? He's your boyfriend afterall." Daniel said it with a straight face. He smiled a little looking at the face Minyoung was making. She was pouting lightly, making her luscious lips turn into a slight frown and her big brown orbs stared right through him. "What are you straing at, Daniel? Oh, don't worry about Kangjun. I've been eating lunch with him all my life anyway. One day won't hurt, right?" She chuckled. 

 

Daniel nodded because even if he were to recline her wants, she would not budge. What Minyoung wants, Minyoung gets. So later that afternoon, after practice when Daniel was on his way to Minyoung's practice room, Simon tapped on Daniel's shoulder, asking him to stay for a while. "Guys, should we eat lunch together today? My treat." Inati offered. Daniel smiled lightly, hoping they would'nt include him in. Just as he was about to leave, Inati hold him back.

 

"Dude, where you going? Let's go lunch together man! You've been waiting for me to treat you guys to food right? I  recently got my pay so let's go!" They all headed towards the door when Daniel hesitated. "Guys, I'll catch up with you later. I've got some errands to do. See you." And with that, Daniel headed towards the door and texted Minyoung that he'll just meet her at some restaurant.

 

The others just shrugged and made their way to their favourite restaurant without a care in the world. However someone felt something was amiss from the way Daniel was acting. It's as if he was hiding something from them. Minyoung had'nt realised that she got a text until she saw the blinking of lights at the top of her phone screen. She picked it up and smiled instantly, happy that Daniel sent her a text for the first time. She strodded of right away towards the restaurant and skipped happily. 

 

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Had practice." Minyoung took her seat as she ordered for a cup of coffee. Daniel shook his head and smiled. "Nah, it's ok. So, is there a reason why you want to have lunch with me and ditch your boyfriend?" Daniel chuckled. "What? No. It's just, it's been so long since we last had lunch together. Where were you all these years and why did'nt you tell me that you've become so hot like this?" Minyoung joked. 

 

"Oh god Minyoung. You never change, did you? Is that the first thing you say to your long lost childhood friend? Gosh I can't believe you. Well, I looked for mom all these years but, I can't seem to. But I'll never give up. I'm still looking for her but I'm trying my best to pursue my dreams at the same time and earn money for myself if I plan to look for mom. And yes, I know I'm hot. What to do?" Daniel flashed a proud smile and Minyoung rolled her eyes. 

 

"Ok, I take that back. Mom? Where did she go? Did something happen to her? Is she ok?" Minyoung asked worriedly. "Yeah, she...she..she's lost. One day when I came back from school and she's gone. I called but no answer. Saying it's no longer in use. I also asked my neighbours but none saw her. She's lost Minyoung, and I have no idea where the hell she is. She may be even living in a palace married to someone rich or she may be living in some kind of a cottage, asking for money on the streets. Help me Minyoung. I don't know what to do." Daniel ruffled his hair in frustration. 

 

Minyoung looked at Daniel's face and she frowned. What's she supposed to do now? Her long lost friend is asking for help and the worst thing is that, she knows her presence won't be able to even help him. And the worst thing is, she's lost for years. "You know what? I'll help you. But you've got to promise me to eat and enjoy this lunch first. We're supposed to catch up on our lives and yet you're bringing this up? No. Not infront of me." Minyoung wageed her fingers and soon the food came. 

 

"So tell me Daniel, do you have a girlfriend?" 

 

-----

 

"Oh god! That was ugly Simon! Stop it!" Inati laughed and snorted while looking at Simon doing funny faces. Kangjun was sitting at the corner, his imagination running wild. He knew Daniel was acting a little bit strange earlier. As if he was hiding somehing from the rest of them. Kangjun texted Minyoung, asking if she wanted to join him for lunch when there was no reply. 

 

"I was waiting for you earlier. Why did'nt you come? Have you eaten lunch?" Kangjun sent Minyoung another text. 

 

Minyoung felt her phone vibrating and took it to check and there were a few messages from Kangjun asking where she was and Minyoung sent a simple text. 

 

"Oh, sorry. I'm currently having lunch with a friend. Call you later bby." Minyoung clicked 'send' and resumed talking to Daniel while giggling. Kangjun checked his phone and sighed. *She did'nt even bother to tell me that.* Kangjun thought as he sipped his coffee and texted Hani.

 

"Let's meet, now. Old playground, at 3." 

 

"Why'd you want to meet me?" Hani asked as she took a seat on the swing. Kangjun took a seat beside her and sighed. "My...girlfriend. She's making me jealous." Kangjun sighed dejectedly. Hani faced Kangjun and a smile crept up on her lips. "Jealous, huh?" Hani chuckled. 

 

"Yeah. I know I sound pathetic right now but, I can't help it. What am I supposed to do?" Kangjun ruffled his hair in frustration. "Do you think she's cheating on me?" Kangjun asked, his eyes filled with worry. *No, Minyoung can't be cheating on me, right?* Kangjun thought desperately. 

 

"Cheat? You think she's cheating on you? I don't think so. Maybe you should give her some space. What made you think she's cheating on you?" Hani asked. "Well, I waited for her to eat lunch as usual and she did'nt turn up till I texted her and she said she was having lunch with a friend. I mean, she could've told me she was eating with a friend right? It looks like she was hiding something from me. And I think I know who she's eating with." Kangjun said while gritting his teeth.

 

"And who is it?" Hani asked, interested. 

 

"Daniel." As Kangjun strode off to call Minyoung. 

 

-----

 

"Where are you, Lee Minyoung?!" Kangjun asked, his voice at the top of wanting to explode. "Tell me who you're eating with. I don't like secrets between us, do you get it?" 

 

"Chill, man. I'm with Daniel right now, talking and catching up with him at the bar. What's the matter?" Minyoung asked when the line got cut off. *I knew it.* Kangjun stepped on the accelerator as he drove to the said venue. When he reached, he grabbed Daniel by the collar and punched him straight in the face. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that." 

 

Minyoung gasped as she kneeled beside Daniel, helping him get up. "Kangjun! What do you think you're doing?!" Minyoung shouted, earning stares from customers. "Oh, so you're happily spending your afternoon with this ? While I worriedly think you're not ok with those late texts you send me. Is'nt it just easierif you tell me? Why must you keep it a secret from me?" Kangjun kneeled as he cried. 

 

Daniel wiped the blood stain at the tip of his mouth, the spot where Kangjun had punched him. Minyoung brought them out of the cafe as she drove to her apartment, pushing both Daniel and Kangjun on the couch, her face red. She was beyond angry with Kangjun's behaviour earlier. It was definitely an embarrassment. 

 

"Kangjun, I don't know what's your problem so spit it out. Tell me what's troubling you." Minyoung asked as calm as she could while she went in her room to get some ointment for Daniel. Kangjun wavered if he should tell Minyoung, especially when there's another party in the room. "I'm angry because you were hiding something from me and I thought in this relationship the most important thing is to never tell lies and secrets, right? I'm sorry to say but you've broken that rule." 

 

Minyoung sighed. "Kangjun, I was just having a simple lunch with Daniel, my childhood friend. Like I've told you. I'll be spending some time with him for these few days so that I could help him with his problem. His mother is missing and I need to help him. So if you're curious enough, let me tell you beforehand that I'll be spending these few days with him in this matter, alright? So you don't get all crazy and just barge in the cafe like that making a scene. And ok fine, I  know I'm in the wrong for not telling you and acting all 'sneaky', ok?" 

 

Kangjun nodded. "You'd better not keep anything from me. You know that I hate it when you do that.," Kangjun faced Daniel and patted his shoulder. "and I'm sorry for punching you, is it all better now?" Daniel placed an ice pack over his face and nodded in response. "Nah, it's ok. At least now the misunderstanding is cleared up. And don't get me wrong Kangjun but, are you...jealous?" 

 

Kangjun gaped at Daniel. Minyoung turned to Kangjun, waiting for his answer. "Are you?" Minyoung chuckled. *You're too childish Kangjun, what should I do to you?* "What? Jealous? No! Absolutely not! I'm not that lame, ok. I was just worried, not jealous. Sheesh." Kangjun muttered as he went in Minyoung's room and crashed onto Minyoung's bed. *Hmmm, I'll never get tired of this lavander smell.* 

 

 

_____________________________________________________

 

Really sorry for the boring update guys! Do take a second to vote for this poll! Thank you (: