Hospital stay

Her flaws

 

Daniel woke up and rubbed his eyes, scanning the room and relaxed as he saw no one else, only Minyoung sleeping beside him and he, himself. Kangjun was nowhere to be found and Daniel just shrugged. "Maybe he he went to get coffee." 

 

Daniel's eyes lingered around Minyoung's soft beautiful features as her chest heaved up and down. He still blamed himself for this, although it was'nt really his fault. No one would've thought a drunk old man would swerve straight towards her direction and hit her directly. That would've been the last thing Daniel would have thought. No, scratch that. It was never in his mind for that to even happen to her. Never. 

 

His phone rang and he picked it up, only to hear Mrs Lee's voice. "Daniel? This is Mrs Lee calling. Sorry to disturb you but are you with Minyoung?" Mrs Lee asked. "Yes I'm with her now. Is there anything wrong? And may I ask, is Kangjun perhaps, there?" Daniel asked back, curious with Kangjun's whereabouts. That guy was fishy the moment Daniel met him. 

 

"Oh? Kangjun? Oh yes, yes. He's sleeping here. He came here yesterday night at around 3 in the morning saying the hospital couch was'nt to his liking. Well ok then. Just to inform you that I'll be coming over after lunch. Make sure you grab a bite young lad." Mrs Lee said as she chuckled. Daniel smiled and assured Mrs Lee that he'll do anything it takes for Minyoung to be safe and sound and for him to have enough energy to do so. 

 

"'That bastard. He can't even stay for a night looking after Minyoung. But instead complaining his out. Just your luck Minyoung. I'm glad to be here." Daniel smiled as he caressed Minyoung's hair. He's definitely going to spend the rest of his life with her. And after Minyoung is fine and healthy, both of them are going to look for Daniel's mother and soon they'll live happily ever after. 

 

Daniel called Kangjun and he was eager to hear what Kangjun has to say. That jerk better come up with a good reason or else. "Hello? This is Daniel. Kangjun are you awake yet?" Daniel asked. "Uhh..y-yeah. What's up?" Kangjun asked nonchalantly. Daniel cursed incohorent words inwardly. "What's up? Well, I'm curious why you left Minyoung and me early as 3 in the morning. You should've told me, don't you think?" Daniel asked, almost losing his temper. 

 

"Daniel can you please not do this in the morning? I barely even had sleep oh god. Just..call me later I'll make-" "Kangjun answer me now and don't give me useless excuses. You can't even look after Minyoung just because your stupid back hurts? Can you not be an right now and come back here!" Daniel cut Kangjun off, losing his temper easily. Psh. He calls himself a guy? Really? 

 

"Fine, fine. God you're so annoying." Kangjun blabbered as Daniel rolled his eyes. He could'nt leave that Kangjun alone with Minyoung. It's too dangerous. Daniel sighed as he looked at the sleeping Minyoung. "Minyoung ah, can you please wake up soon? I miss you already. We still need to find my mother together, remember? You promised. You can't turn back now, Minyoungie. I'll forever be waiting, but please don't be too long. Wake up soon and don't miss the fun. hmm?" Daniel said as he took Minyoung's hand and kissed it tenderly. 

 

 Kangjun came an hour later and Daniel rolled his eyes. "Let me tell you this, the next time you leave Minyoung, I'm going to have to take her with me, you get that?" Daniel said sternly. Kangjun gave Daniel a disgusted look as he led himself to the couch. "Has the doctor said anything about her condition yet? Will she wake up anytime soon?" Kangjun asked. 

 

"Nope. Not yet. But they'll be doing another checkup on her later afternoon. So we'll wait." Daniel informed as Mrs and Mr Lee came into the room, bringing a basket filled with fresh fruits and flowers. Daniel helped them as well as Kangjun and for a moment there, they shot daggers to each other. It was as if they were in a silent war, to see who'll win Minyoung and her parents's heart. 

 

"Ohhh Daniel, thank you. Did you sleep well? Kangjun came all the way to our house to sleep because he said it's uncomfortable here. Where did you sleep?" Mrs Lee asked, a hint of happiness lies on her face. "Oh? Ahahaha I did have a good sleep Mrs Lee. Thank you for your concern. Uhh, the doctor will check on her later afternoon so do stay here until then." Daniel said as he led them to the couch. 

 

"Oh, alright then." Mr Lee said as he eyed Kangjun. "Kangjun? Look at how Daniel treats us. He's such a fine looking young man. Is he close with Minyoung, perhaps?" Mrs Lee asked as Kangjun perked up at the unexpected question. Daniel gulped at the unexpected question as well as he gave Kangjun a look. Kangjun eyed Daniel and gave him a sly grin. Daniel shook his head slowly and Kangjun nodded slowly in reply. *Owww yes. Imma do it, Daniel.* 

 

"What? Oh, that. He's not even close to Minyoung, umma. He's just trying his best to. Well, I'm not that sure myself actually. But as far as I know, he's just known Minyoung recently and yeah, he's been hanging out with Minyoung as well cause he's one of my band members so we all know each other. Daniel, why not you tell umma about yourself more?" Kangjun said as Daniel gave him that look. Oh he's definitely going down later. 

 

"Mrs Lee, I've known Minyoung recently after I got to know she's in the same company as I am. It's true that I'm always with her but that's because...because uhh...because she helps me alot? And we're just close friends so don't think much of it, please." Daniel said and he mentally facepalmed himself for stuttering so much. Darn that Kangjun. 

 

Mrs and Mr Lee nodded, understanding Daniel's good intentions. The doctor soon came in as Daniel and Kangjun both stood beside Minyoung's bed as the doctor checked Minyoung. "How is she doing doctor? Are there signs showing that she's going to wake up soon or?" Kangjun asked as Daniel eyed the doctor, waiting for a satisfying answer. 

 

"Hmm, well, the checkup is showing good signs so far and she should be able to wake up soon. Just give her a few more hours. And if she does, make sure to call me in. I'll get going now." The doctor said as he went out. Mr and Mrs Lee went out to talk to the doctor, leaving Kangjun and Daniel in a room once again. 

 

"Why the did you do that?! What? He's trying is best to get close to her? I knew her earlier than you did! What the hell?!" Daniel cursed as he looked at Kangjun in a disgusted manner. Kangjun just shrugged nonchalantly. "Well... you were the one who was messing with me earlier. So it's payback." 

 

"You-" Daniel got cut off when Mrs Lee went in and invited them for tea. "Oh, no it's ok I'll look after Minyoung. You guys go on. If there's anything I'll make sure to text." Daniel said nicely as Kangjun's tummy growled. "Oops. Hehe." Kangjun giggled as Mrs Lee shook her head and dragged him out to join with her. Daniel exhaled as he eyed Minyoung, happy to be with her again. 

 

Daniel fell asleep, his hands still in contact with Minyoung's, never wanting to let go. Minyoung's middle finger moved slightly, her breathing got faster, and her eyes fluttered open slowly. The first thing she saw was Daniel, his head resting at the side of her bed, his hot breath against her skin. She smiled. She was somewhat glad it was him. She felt that safe aura Daniel always had with him eversince young. And he's still got it. Daniel snored lightly, and his chest heaved up and down, making Minyoung giggle slightly.

 

She stared at him a little longer before deciding to wake him up. She was sure he had a hard time taking care of her. She wasn't able to feel her legs that much but she pushed that thought away, thinking it must've been because of the lack of walking she's not been doing.  Her head was hurting badly, as if it could burst. She was actually glad to find herself still alive. She really did'nt think she could've gotten away with the accident. 

 

"Umm, Daniel? Daniel, wake up." Minyoung shook his hand slowly, since she does'nt really have the energy to give a stronger push. "Hmm, just a while more." Daniel mumbled as he shifted to a more comfortable position. Minyoung giggled and shook him once again. "Daniel, wake up. Minyoung's awake now. Don't you want to see her?" Minyoung shook Daniel's arm once again. "Minyoung?" Daniel perked up and faced Minyoung, his eyes searching hers. 

 

"Minyoungie? You're awake? Oh thank god! You're awake!" Daniel cheered and he gave Minyoung a weak hug, knowing he should'nt get too worked up. "Hmm..how long was I out?" Minyoung asked. "About 2 days? I was really worried you know I thought I was gonna loose you I did'nt know what to do I'm so sorry this is all becuse of me I should've saved you from the-" "Shhh. You talk to fast to someone who just woke up while her head is throbbing horribly you know?" Minyoung said as she shushed Daniel's lips with her pointing finger over it. 

 

"Oh. Ok." Daniel answered. "I should call the doctor now, since you're awake. Wait for me. Here, take a sip first." Daniel helped Minyoung with her drink. Just when Daniel's about to leave, Minyoung grabbed his wrist and asked one of the hardest questions Daniel had ever faced in his life. 

 

"Why can't I feel my legs, Daniel?"