Chapter 2

We are one...

 

"Wow this is totally like a guy's place." As Yoona entered Yuri's apartment. 
 
Clothes were placed untidily and dishes were left unwashed in the sink. Stacks of manga were left around the table and books were unorganized on the shelves. 
 
"Eh.. Yea I guess I am quite the tom boy." Yuri smiled. 
 
"It's not something you should be proud a bit." Her words stinging. 
 
"Er okay?" Yuri slightly annoyed. 
 
"But why are you staying at my place? It's kind of small here." Yuri questioned while plummeting herself on her own bed. 
 
"Well would you rather we go to my place? My parents are there." Yoona eyed at Yuri. 
 
"Ah well, I guess not." Yuri admitting defeat. 
 
"Anyways I told my parents I am going on a field trip with my school club for a week so I should be fine." Yoona explained. 
 
"Hey can I ask you something?" Yuri said with all seriousness. 
 
"Hmm, what?" 
 
"A lot happened so I forgot to ask, how did you even fall off the roof in the first place?" 
 
"Eh? Fall off? Well.. I was bored of life and decided to commit suicide." Yoona said almost unbothered at what she said, but at the same time a sense of solemn and sadness could be seen on her face. 
 
"In the end, I ended up being saved what the heck, even I don't know if that's a good thing or not." Yoona continued. 
 
"What the hell, so I died because of her wish to die? That's messed up. But wait a minute, that means I could possibly convince her to die for me." Yuri thought to herself. 
 
"Ah well but now that I've had that near-death experience I really think I want to live just a bit longer." 
 
"Wai..wait a moment!" Yuri had a moment of anxiety. 
 
"So.. If one of us were to die before the 7 days are up, do you think the other would get to live?" Her eyes lit up with a certain menace. 
 
"No way is she thinking of..."
 
----------
 
"Thank you for the meal, but I could've cooked y'know." Yoona cooly said. 
 
"Nah it's fine, I like convenience store food anyways." Yuri slouched against her bed frame. 
 
"There's no way I'd let you cook and poison me. Besides I have totally no grip on what kind of person she is." Yuri was thinking a lot that day. 
 
"Excuse me, you think I could borrow a set of fresh clothes and a towel?" Yoona asked. 
 
"Eh? Sure but are you thinking of taking a bath?" 
 
"No way! You'd think I'd bath in some guy's place whom I've met for the first time?" Her speech almost spiteful. 
 
"There's no way I'll do anything!" Yuri 
tried to defend herself. 
 
"So you say.. I'll just make do with wiping myself with a towel until I get some locks from the convenience store tomorrow." Yoona with her spiteful comments once more. 
 
"It looks like we're wary of each other after all." Yuri thought. 
 
----------
 
"Sorry for taking up your bed and making you sleep on the floor." Yoona apologized. 
 
"It's fine, there is no way I'd let a girl sleep on the floor." Yuri moved to the opposite side of the room. 
 
"I'm sorry for saying this after all this but please don't cross the line on the floor." Yoona pointed at the line that marked 
half the room clearly. 
 
"Yes I got it you've said it once before already." Yuri replied. 
 
"If you try anything funny I'll...kill you." Yoona stared at Yuri. 
 
"This girl is serious I've got to be careful." Beads of cold sweat went past Yuri's forehead. 
 
Hours into the night Yuri remained awake, wary of what Yoona would do. 
 
"If a petite girl has any chance of killing me who is physically stronger than her, it'd be when I'm sleeping. Just you try, I'll be waiting." Yuri almost sure of Yoona's next move. 
 
"Zzz.." Sounds of light snoring were heard from the petite girl.
 
"You can't be kidding me? Is she really asleep?" Yuri got up from her position to check. 
 
"You can't be serious. Is she that tired or is she just stupid? Well, in any case this..is my chance right?" Yuri took the kitchen knife and advanced towards the sleeping girl...