Chapter 13

We are one...

"Wh-what?!" Yuri stood there dumbfounded. 

"Didn't you tell me you commited suicide?" 

The three of them stood there silently for half a minute. Yoona and Moe stared at each other, no one breaking the silence. Frustration grew in Yuri as she was left in confusion. Yuri could not stand the silence any longer, she got in between the both of them and was about to speak.

"I-I'm so happy you're alive." Moe plopped onto the floor, and exclaimed.

"I thought you were dead and have been hiding in my room this entire time. Fear consumed me and I almost went crazy. I stayed at home looking at the news but your death was never mentioned." Moe stayed sitting on the floor.

"Is that why you came here to check?" Yoona asked while wearing a sad expression.

"Hey what's going on!" Yuri vented out her anger of being the only one lost in this situation.

"It's nothing serious.. but I guess you deserve to know." Yoona sighed.

"Of course I do!" Yuri stared at Yoona straight in the eye.

"Well, here goes. Moe and I have known each other since middle school. Our personalities are polar opposites, but we somehow managed to click, and played a lot together." Yoona started reminiscing the past.

Yoona and Moe were good friends since middle school. They stuck to each other almost everyday at school. The two of them were knitted even closer due to the fact that they were in the same class through their years in middle school. They were so close that at graduation the both of them promised to enter the same high school and even joined the same club.

"I thought things would always be that way.." Yoona said bitterly.

"Hey hey why would your close friend push you off the roof. Did you do something really mean to her?" Yuri got more confused.

"I did not do anything." Yoona exclaimed.

"About half a year ago, she told me she'd gotten a boyfriend. And she even mentioned that it was the club captain. He was a really nice guy, and it was a change from all the weirdos she always attracted. I was really glad about it, and I wished her all the happiness in the world." Yoona carried on telling her story.

"That's a lie!" Moe who had been silent on the floor all this time suddenly shouted.

"If you really wished me all the happiness in the world, why would you hit on your best friend's boyfriend!" Moe raised her volume.

"You did something like that?" Yuri was surprised at the fact that Yoona would do such a thing.

"Four days ago, the captain called me. He told me he wanted to talk about Moe and asked that I go to his place." Yoona carried on telling her story.

"He kept on complaining about her and was so into it that he began to cry. He said that he would never dream of breaking up with Moe. In the end, he forced himself on me insisting that it'll only be for one night." Yoona recalled the sight of the captain and shuddered at the scene that irked her.

"And then you..." Yuri gestured Yoona to continue.

"I hit him and left. Well the two had only just started dating. Moe had her bad habits while the captain was weak willed, so I decided to keep it from Moe. I did nothing and pretend that everything was as it should have been. But the next day, things took a turn for the worse. All of my club friends started giving me the cold shoulder. Something that I did nothing to deserve. At first I did not know why but later on I got someone to tell me. The captain went around spouting that he would break up with Moe and begged for me to go out with him. And so I became the bad guy." Yoona, clenched her fist furious just thinking about it.

"How pathetic, you should have hit him a few more times." Yuri rolled her eyes.

"I didn't. It got so ridiculous I just quit the club. But I wanted Moe to know the truth so I asked for her to meet me at the school's rooftop. I tried to convince her to give up on that loser." 

'You just want us to break up don't you!'

'Trust me Moe, he's that kind of guy!'

'No! I just found the guy I really love and you want to come here and destroy our relationship?!'

'That's not what I'm trying to do! I'm really telling the truth!'

"And then..."  Yoona closed her eyes, seeing the moments in slow motion as it happened.

'Just get away from me, I don't want to listen to anymore of this nonsense!'

Moe shoved Yoona against the handrails that prevented people from falling.

*creak* 

The handrails gave way, and Yoona slipped back. Her eyes meeting Moe's as she found herself slowly falling down the building...

"Eh.. So it was an accident? How lame." Yuri hit her brains at the absurd chance.

"I guess the rail was rusty." Yoona coughed.

"She's definitely not lying." Yuri sensed Yoona's emotions.

"So you're here to tell her what exactly happened?" 

"Nope, I'm here because I'm so mad that I need to hit that guy in the face." Yoona proclaimed.

"Cut it out already, how long are you going to keep lying!" Moe persistently defended.

Just then a group of guys came walking in on the action.

"Eh? Someone is here already." The one leading the pack said.

"Captain." Yoona called out to him first.

"So that's the scumbag." Yuri felt herself getting heated up.

"Isn't it Yoona? I thought you had quit the club. We'd be happy to have you back if you wanted to rejoin though." The captain smoothly pulled out his act.

The group of friends behind the captain all started making grim faces, unapproving of what the captain just said.

"Hey guys, why the long faces. Yoona is our friend isn't she." He continued his act.

"Nicely put by the guy who started this mess in the first place, cheh. He does seem like the guy to sugarcoat his words though." Yuri thought in her head.

"I left something here so I came back to get it. Let's go" Yoona put her head down adn started walking towards the door.

"Hey didn't you come here to-" 

"Let's go, Yuri!" Yoona raised her voice.

"Eh, who is this?" The captain questioned.

"No one, just a friend." Yoona mumbled.

"I'm her boyfriend!" Yuri spoke louder than Yoona, right at the captain's face.

"Hey!" Yoona tried to stop Yuri.

"Boy-boyfriend?" The captain looked surprised.

"I head about the rumors being spread around about my girlfriend so I came down personally to see if it's true." Yuri cooly said.

"Yuri just what are you doing." she whispered.

"Look I don't know what she has been telling you, but they're all lies." The captain shrugged.

"Eh, I think I remember you! Didn't you bring some girl all over town some time ago? Oh and she wasn't that girl!" Yuri pointed to Moe.

"Wh-what are you talking about? You got the wrong guy." 

"No no I'm sure it was you, I recognize you with the mole." Yuri pointed at the captain's obvious facial feature.

"Oh I remember now! I was out shopping with my sister." The captain tried to bluff his way out.

"Huuuh? Are you saying you went to a love hotel with your sister?!" Yuri planted her face right in front and intimidated the captain.

"You saw that?!" The captain blurted out the truth, after being unable to control himself having thought he was exposed.

The captain glanced at Moe and knew that he slipped.

"Look Moe, it's not what it looks like. I can explain." The captain looked absolutely frantic.

"Eh is he cheating on her?" One of his friend nudged another.

"I really thought he had set his eyes on Moe." Whispers amongst his group of friends broke out.

"I saw the captain kissing Katou at the station yesterday." A female member spoke as she looked at the female involved.

"Me?"

"Yea, you! Weren't you the one that told everyone that Yoona was at fault? So that was just to hide the fact that he was cheating on her with you!" One of them exposed the Katou.

"It's not like that! The captain came to me for some advice saying things weren't going well with Moe. Then he came onto me and told me it was going to be only for one night!" Katou had revealed the truth and chaos started to break out.

"Wait, why are you spouting all these lies!" The captain was frantic, looking like a mad man.

"Psst, now that everyone has seen his true colours, go ahead and give him a really hard one." Yuri winked at Yoona.

Yoona stood there for a while then she moved.

"I had enough, let's go Yuri!" Her voice was demanding.

"Hey didn't you come here to hit him." Yuri chased after Yoona out of the room.

"I said let's just go." Yoona repeated.

Yoona and Yuri walked out of the school, Yuri closely following behind. Both of them were quiet until they had reach the park just outside the school.

"Man, you lie with such ease that it's admirable." Yoona broke the silence.

"You mean the boyfriend part?" Yuri smirked.

"I meant the whole seeing him in town story." Yoona scrunched her nose at Yuri.

"Oh that? Obviously! When you make a lie like that they just fall for it immediately." Yuri gave a V sign.

"I do feel better now though." Yoona confessed.

"As if! You totally should have hit him hard." Yuri sticked her tongue out at Yoona.

"I'm not talking about that!" 

Just then someone came running after the duo.

"Yoona!" The both of them stopped in their tracks and turned around.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was that sort of guy. I should have trusted you. I was even mean to you, I'm sorry." Moe had not even caught her breath and her words were all choppy.

The two of them stared at Moe catching her breath.

"It's fine now." Yoona told Moe.

"Everyone knows you aren't to blame and they want you back! The captain even said he'll quit!" Moe was still huffing.

"I'm sorry but help me tell them I won't be going back." Yoona quickly denied the invitation.

"Well I can understand. Things are still looking pretty bad after all. Then at least we can still be friends right?" Moe finally caught her breath and was speaking normally.

"I'm sorry. That's going to be difficult." Yoona refused her upfront.

"Eh?" Moe had the look of confusion written all over her face.

Yoona dropped her bag and clenched her fist till it shivered. A tear fell down her cheek and as it fell to the ground her hand was sent flying, smacking right across Moe in the face.

"Hey don't you think that's going too far." Yuri pulled Yoona back before she could do anything more.

"Even after all this you still plan on lying?! You knew right from the start what kind of guy he was, did you not?!"

"I did not!" Moe shouted back.

"I heard you! Right when I fell, I heard you!" Tears came streaming down Yoona's face.

"You said, 'It's fine isn't it? It's all your fault anyways.'" 

Everyone was shocked to hear the confession from Yoona.

"The moment you said that, I knew. That I was nothing more than a toy to you." Yoona wiped the tears off her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I was really messed up then. After hearing all that from you I just snapped. I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you. You're the only thing that matters now." Moe was flustered.

Yoona picked up her bag and carried on walking, ignoring Moe's plea.

"Yoona we are still friends right? Everything will be back to normal tomorrow?" Moe had not bothered to run after them.

"This way the club will think better of her." Yoona sighed.

"Yeah, I guess." Yuri realized that Yoona was trying to protect Moe.

"I guess it's better not knowing what other people think." Yoona bit her lips, trying to muffle her tears.

"I don't know if it's because we had similar experiences, or that what just happened totally crossed the line. But I cam sympatize with her. I felt really bad for her." Yuri thought in her head.

"Well.." Yoona looked at Yuri and smiled.

"There are exceptions though."

---------

"I know whatever I say now to cheer her up will sound like a lie. So for now, I'll just let her feel that what she did was probably for the best." Yuri looked at Yoona and smiled.

---------

Woohoo a nice long chapter for you guys. I was really excited about writing this chapter. Now you can sense that the two are getting closer right? I like how feelings develop over the course of time. It gives couples memories to talk about. :) 

To all you singles out there, I hope you find the one love soon.

I'm still single too. :P