Chapter 10

We are one...

Yoona rubbed her eyes as she woke up from the glare of the morning sun. She stretched like a little kitten and look across the room. There she saw Yuri, back slouched against the wall, sleeping with only a small blanket over her legs. Yoona looked at the uncleared mess around Yuri and shook her head.

"It's not just dinner from last night. I'm surprised she can even sleep in this dump." She complained.

"I thought I could put up with this for seven days, but there's still five more days." Yoona sighed as she picked up a bottle from the ground and placed it into the dustbin.

Yoona picked up the pieces of rubbish on the floor, making the room look just slightly neater.

"Just how was she raised, I'd loved to see her parents." Yoona remarked sarcastically.

Just then she saw a board under Yuri's bed while clearing the thrash. She took it out out of curiousity.

"What's this? It looks like some kind of board." Yoona said as she flipped the board over.

Yoona looked at the street lights, the green trees, and the grey stretch of road.

"Wow, is this a drawing? It's really good." Yoona remarked.

"But it seems unfinished." Yoona noted the white spots in the picture that was left unpainted.

"You mean she drew this?" Yoona turned her head to look at Yuri, mouth wide open and sleeping away.

"Nah, it's just not possible. I better put this back." She commented cynically, and put the picture back.

Yoona looked at Yuri sleeping away, her light snoring obvious in the quiet room. Yuri grinded her teeth moments later then out of the blue she started chuckling.

"Sheesh, does she even know she's going to die in 5 days? To think she can still smile." Yoona shook her head.

"Just what is she dreaming about-" Yoona shrieked, feeling a weird sensation.

"Wh-what is this feeling? My whole body is feeling really sensitive." Yoona pinched herself trying to stop her the sensations. 

Yoona's breathing started getting haggard and short. Meanwhile Yuri was chuckling away in her sleep. 

"No way Yuri, you can't be serious!" Yoona said in between her harsh breathing.

"Hehe.. ugh.. mm.." Yuri tensed her face, pressure building in her lower region.

"Stop it!" Yoona sent a hard slap across Yuri's face before she could finish.

----------

"What was that for?" Yuri whined, holding her swollen left cheek.

"It hurts me too! I told you to stop doing that!" Yoona holding her left cheek with one hand, and pointing to the 'no ion' sign with another.

"How can I control my dreams! You're the evil one for waking me up halfway through." Yuri complained.

"Shut up, you can't do anything prohibited. Even in your sleep!" Yoona rebutted and held Yuri by her neck.

"Fine, I'll try to hold myself back." Yuri sighed, afraid of Yoona's angry side.

"Don't lie when you're not going to do it." Yoona eyed Yuri as Yuri's thoughts got conveyed to her.

Yuri's phone rang in the middle of their quarrel. Yuri reached over the computer table and picked up her phone.

"Just who could be calling this early in the morning." Yuri looked at the contact calling.

'Kwon' was all that was written on the contact details.

"I need to go somewhere." Yuri simply said.

----------

"Where are you taking me? You said we needed to go out and we came all the way out here." Yoona questioned.

"I'm not going to see your ex with you again if that is where we're going. I can't stand you being more depressed than you already were." Yoona continued chattering.

Yuri's shoulders were stiff and face slightly sullen ever since she got that call.

"She's been acting weird ever since she got that call." Yoona stopped talking afterwards.

'Is this anxiety? Or fear? Or sadness?' Yoona couldn't put a finger on the exact feeling, but she knew they weren't going anywhere fun.

The duo came face to face with a large mansion, several black cars parked in the open carpark just in front of the house. The mansion stood 4 storeys high and the mini garden on the left was decorated with expensive modern tableware.

"Hey wait up, isn't this someone else's place? You can't just walk in y'know?" Yoona walked behind Yuri.

"This.. is my place." Yuri pointed at the household tag at the gate.

'Kwon'.

"Yuri, you're.. rich?" Yoona gave a look of disbelief.

"Don't start talking like that." Yuri rolled her eyes.

Yuri pressed the doorbell and a stern looking gentleman opened the door to welcome the two of them. Yuri looked at the man with an equally stern face, and Yoona could sense that Yuri was anxious and slightly scared being around this man.

"So you came home?" The man's voice equally intimidating as his looks.

"Yeah I did." Yuri replied.

"Who is this guy? He looks kind of scary, is he Yuri's dad?" Yoona thought to herself.

"Who is she?" The man moved his head, indicating at Yoona.

"She's a friend from college, I bought her here since she's free." Yuri gave another quick short reply.

"I don't care about who you date, even if it's a girl, but you can't get married." The man said sternly.

"Ma-married? It's nothing like that, and it's none of your business anyways!" Yuri said in retaliation.

"I'm saying this for your own good. It was you who acted all high and mighty by leaving this house to go to some arts school that I disapproved of. Look at where you are now, some third rate school wasting your time." The man said with a stone face, words piercing Yuri's heart.

Yuri looked away and gritted her teeth in defeat. 

"So he really did draw that." Yoona thought back to the picture she saw at Yuri's place.

Yuri entered the house with the man still standing at the door.

"Once you gradute you'll be working for my company, you don't have any other choice." The man commented with his back facing Yuri.

Yuri had a grim expression. It was something more sad than angry.

"One more thing, go see your grandma while you're here. She's been waiting to see you." He added.

Inside the house a slightly aged lady wearing an apron greeted the both of them. It seemed like she was the housemaid of the place.

"Hi Yuri, I'm so sorry to call you this early in the morning." 

"Juliet, it's nothing. You said she got hurt?" Yuri asked.

"Yeah, she fell when she went out on grocery shopping and a good samitarian called the ambulance. I panicked and called you but thankfully it's jsut a sprain." Juliet explained.

"I see. That's good, thanks." 

"By the way who is this young lady?" She raised her left hand, pointing at Yoona. 

"Oh she's a friend from school. I was worried so I bought her along for support." Yuri came up with an excuse.

"This is Juliet, she helps out around here." Yuri introduced her to Yoona.

"Ah my name is Yoona. It's nice to meet you." Yoona bowed.

"It's rare for you to bring a friend over Yuri. Hand around while I go make tea."

"It's fine, I'm leaving soon."

"It's fine." Juliet walked off to make tea for Yuri and her guest.

"You should talk to your grandma since you're here." Yoona said as she saw Juliet walk off.

Yuri looked down on the wooden floor, unsure what to say to her grandma.

"These feelings, it's anxiety and fear? I thought she felt like that because of her dad but it's because of her grandma?" Yoona looked at Yuri curiously.

"Hey Yuri, do you.. hate your grandma?" Yoona questioned.

"Huh? Not in the slightest. Back when I had a huge fight with my family about going to an arts school, grandma was the only one who supported me." Yuri explained.

"She was always overprotective of me. 'Yuri loves drawing', 'let her do what she loves', those were the things she said." Yuri smiled thinking about her past.

"My mum died right after giving birth to me so she kind of took my mum's place and looked after me. She would always praise me whenever I drew then go brag to the neighbours. 'My Yuri really loves drawing', it made me really happy whenever she said that." Yuri continued.

"Then why are you afraid?" Yoona asked carefully.

"It's because I'm scared that she'd.. forget all about me." Yuri said with a depressing look.

"It started last spring, and it has gotten worse since I left home. Apparently she doesn't remember my dad anymore." Yuri's face looked drowned with sadness.

"And that's why I haven't come home since the call this morning." Yuri sighed.

"I see, it's because she doesn't want to face it." Yoona tilted her head down, feeling sad too.

"Oh who.. are you?" Yuri's grandma asked, facing Yuri and Yoona.

Yuri's eyes widened in shock, while Yoona looked away depressed.

"How silly of me, you must be Yuri's friend right?" The grandma greeted the girl with a smile.

Both of them were shocked to their positions. Eyes wide in disbelief.

"Erm do you still remember Yuri?" Yoona took the old lady's hands.

"Eh? What are you saying? How would I forget my own granddaughter?" Yuri's grandma shook her head at the silly question.

Yuri just stood at where she was, still not recovering from what happened.

"But where did she go? How rude of her to not be here when her friend is here. She's probably drawing, let me go get her." The grandma tried getting up from her position.

"Ah it's okay, you're all hurt." Yuri pointing at the bandaged arm.

"This is isn't that bad though? I fell when I went to get Yuri's dinner." The grandma replied.

"That girl is always drawing all day and studying hard so that she can get into an arts school. It's good to be hardworking but I'm afraid she'll ruin her health." The old lady praised her granddaughter, not being able to tell she was just right in front of her.

Yuri's eyes began to tear. She sniffed, heart getting emotional, touched that her grandma still remembers her.

"You too grandma. Look after your health. I'd worry if you got hurt." Yuri said while swiping away the tears.

"I guess you're right, I need to be careful because I'm old. I want to live long enough to watch Yuri become an artist." The old lady smiled.

"What if she'd never become an artist. The real world is not so kind anyways. What if she had given up." Yuri said in bitterness.

"Yuri.." Yoona watched upon the heartbreaking scene.

"That would never happen." The old lady simply replied

"Because my Yuri loves drawing." She looked towards Yuri and smiled.

At this point Yuri had broken down in tears. Both her fists on the wooden floor, wailing out all the feelings she had in her all these while.

----------

"You're going to keep drawing aren't you?" Yoona smiled while looking at Yuri still sniffling as they walked to the train station.

"Maybe I'll consider it if I survive five days from now." Yuri commented.

"Heh you're lying, you're itching to draw as soon as possible." Yoona shook her head and smiled at Yuri.

"Why don't you draw? You're pretty good at it." Yoona praised.

"Don't pity me." Yuri looked away embarrassed.

"We're connected remember? You know that I'm serious." Yoona teased.

"How would you know! You've never even seen my drawings." Yuri contested.

"Hmm I thought I saw this place before but this place is definitely it." Yoona held a camera sign with her hands then eyed the street they was walking on. The exact same one that Yuri drew.

"This is the scenery isn't it? The picture in your room?"

"Ah.. you've been snoping around my room!" Yuri complained.

"It's your fault that you leave things lying around." Yoona defended.

'How curious. She's rude, self-absorbed, and her mind is erted and blank. And she seriously wants me to die. But for some reason I really want her dream to come true.'

----------

A really really long chapter after the long time this hasn't been updated. Let me know what you guys think! :D