Chapter 8

We are one...

"E-emotions?!" Yuri jumped out of her seat.

"Yes emotions. I only started noticing this morning." Yoona revealed while sipping her tea.

"Really? Just how?" Yuri still baffled by the absurdity. 

"When your girlfriend stormed off earlier I felt a huge sense of disappointment, it was more like 'despair'."

"Wa-wait a minute if this is true then why is it I have not felt a single thing!"

"That's because I don't let myself be controlled by my emotions, unlike a certain idiot." Yoona rolled her eyes. 

"So that means you know everything I was thinking?" Yuri continued her string of questions.

"I don't think it's anything like mind reading. More like just strong emotions." Yoona repied with composure, a total opposite of what Yuri is right now.

"Phew that means I still have a chance to convince her to die for me." Yuri mind wavered to another subject.

"You really are a frightening person though..." Yoona broke Yuri's chain of thought.

"Huh?" 

"Trying to persuade me while also keeping your 'anger' in check like that." Yoona's words made Yuri froze.

"I wouldn't think for one second that I would die for a rage filled who slithers his way through with any kind of argument, just like a sly snake." Yoona said while keeping a emotions still in check.

"You can't be serious. If she knows how I feel there is no reason to lie. Can we even lie to each other?"

With so much circumstances stacked is it still even possible to get the other to die? The both of them can only continue living together and find a way...

---------

-That very night-

"hic-hic." Yoona sat half submerged in the bathtub tears forming around her eyes.

The girl held a romance manga in one hand while the other wiped away the tears that have already started to form. Meanwhile Yuri was outside, sitting in front of the computer in a restless position.

"That was mean! Why would you say that! Believe in your girlfriend!" Yoona erupted in a burst of emotions. 

"Hey cut it out! You don't read manga in the bathroom!!" Yuri was getting annoyed getting all the emotional vibes from Yoona reading the manga.

"Shut up! Don't bother me when I am having fun!" Yoona replied from the bath.

"You're transmitting all those endless creepy and indecisive feelings to me!" Yuri complained.

"Of course! It's a sad story." Yoona replied.

"Besides! You've defiled me! This is nothing compared to what you have done to me." Yoona brought up the time when they both realized they shared physical sensations.

"I can't believe she is still harping on about that." Yuri said in a whisper.

"Hic, it's just so sad." Yoona returned to reading her manga after the quarrel.

"This must have been what it was like for me when Naho misunderstood the situation and I got really depressed." Yuri sulked.

"I feel gross..." Yuri blamed herself.

Yuri picked up her cellphone on the table, fiddling and fidgeting with it.

"I wonder how Naho is taking Haru's explanation. At least tell me whether it worked or not!" Yuri was getting frustrated.

"Phew I feel so much better after crying in the bath!" Yoona walked out from the toilet in a black singlet and white short shorts, hand holding the manga she just read.

Yoona's hair glistened from the water droplets that were left unwiped, behind her was the mist that came out from the bath. Yuri glanced to look at Yoona.

"What's wrong?!" Yoona couldn't take the look any longer.

"It's nothing" Yuri looked away.

"Fine, anyway I can't help but ask, why are you so fidgety now!" 

"It's because Haru hasn't contacted me yet and I'bve been wondering how it's going, with Naho that is." Yuri replied, eyes still looking away from Yoona.

"Why don't you try calling him?" Yoona suggested.

"I did, but everytime I called it just goes to voicemail." Yuri replied dejectedly.

"Well he did say he'll let me know if it didn't work out. Maybe it went well and he went to sleep." Yuri answered her own speculations.

"That's what exactly happened!" Yoona supported him further.

"Yeah..." 

Yoona went to sit in front of the fan, drying her hair while Yuri continued sitting in front of the chair looking up at the ceiling. It took only moments before Yuri's mind wandered back to thinking about her girlfriend, Naho. Her feelings of anxiousness, insecurity, and worrying got transmitted to the girl sitting in front of the fan.

"Geez I said to stop being fidgety didn't I!" Yoona complained, unable to dry her hair in peace.

"I can't help it, I really want to know!" Yuri rebutted.

The two exchanged glances, Yoona shooting Yuri the disapproving look.

"Geez, deos Haru live nearby?" Yoona gave in.

"Well, he lives at the next station but we could walk there." Yuri answered.

"Let's go over there now and see how it turned out all right." Yoona got up from sitting in front of the fan.

"Right now?" Yuri shot Yoona a puzzled look.

"Yes let's just get this over and done with!" there was still a hint of annoyance in Yoona's voice.

"I don't like causing trouble for people, I could wait till tomorrow." Yuri's face gave a guilty look.

"Nope, I rather have to feel depressed than feel this 'ty uncertain feeling' you have right now." Yoona gave no reservations with her words.

Yuri winced at the almost hurtful words.

"Why are you assuming that I got dumped!" 

"Um sorry I've got to dry my hair." 

"Hey here listen to me!!" 

---------

The two walked quietly down the streets, dressed in casual clothing. In the late night, two of them walked the empty streets. While most have already returned home these two walked in silence towards Haru's place.

"Even though our feelings are shared, the only thing I ever know what she's feeling is when she is reading manga." Yuri drifted into thought.

Looking at Yoona she thought, 'maybe I'm too emotional? Is this how it normally is?', she shoved her hands into her pockets.

"Is this normal?" Yoona suddenly broke the silence.

"Eh? What is?"

"You're more concerned about a fight you had with someone important to you rather than the fact that you might be dying in 6 days." Yoona bluntly put it out there.

"Well who knows. I don't plan on dying though." there was no point lying to each other at this stage.

"Yea, me neither." 

"Anyways can I ask you something?" Yoona continued the conversation.

"How long have you known Haru?" 

"Eh? Since elementary school 12 years since then." Yuri was taken aback but replied anyways.

"Have you ever fought with him?" 

"I don't really remember but I guess we do." 

"So.. how about being betrayed?" Yoona's words turned icy cold, a sort of loneliness and disappointment coated her words.

"Huh? No but he did tell on me when I smoke back in high school, that was seriously a betrayal for me." Yuri let the feeling pass her.

"That's 100% your fault!" Yoona returned to her normal speech.

"In any case it sounds like you have been betrayed." 

"Yeah right." Yoona replied casually.

"For a second I thought I felt something from her..." Yuri casted those feelings aside when they approached Haru's place.

"Well we're here. That is his apartment." Yuri pointed out to Yoona.

"The lights are on so it looks like he's home." 

The couple walked up the steps to Haru's place, to the litted house that Yuri pointed out earlier.

"What if he's asleep?" Yoona questioned.

"It'll be fine, he forgets to lock his door 4 out of 5 times." Yuri replied, slightly excited they have reached.

The couple approached the apartment, in front of the door that is supposedly left unlocked. True to Haru's the door swung open for the couple, revealing Haru's apartment and more...

"See what I told you?" Yuri slightly cocky that she was right.

Yoona's face was flushed, shocked at what she had seen. Yuri turned her head around towards the opened door to see what Yoona had saw. Two bodies filled with sweat laid on Haru's bed, their expressions of shock could not have been more obvious. The two cuddling bodies left Yuri appalled, her best friend and girlfriend remained still and shock in bed, ...