Chapter 11

We are one...

Yuri sat in her usual spot. The spot she has been sleeping on the past 3 days. She stared at Yoona lightly snoring away in her sleep, on her bed. 

"For 7 days we will share everything, and when the time is up one of us has to die." Yuri inhaled deeply.

"We can't kill each other and we can't even lie." She exhaled as deeply.

"Our only option is to talk to one another and come to a mutual understanding to decide whose life is going to end eh? Just 4 more days to decide." Yuri let her eyelids fall, determined to sleep after all that thinking.

Just then she noticed someone staring back at her. She swallowed her saliva and stared back at the girl.

"Can't sleep?" Yoona rubbed her eye and resumed staring back at the raven haired girl.

"I suppose." Yuri did not bother lying. 

"You were feeling frustrated and confused, what were you thinking?" Yoona moved her head to probe Yuri into telling her what she was thinking.

"Nothing much, just that we've only got 4 more days according to.. 'god'?" Yuri still unsure who they actually met that day they got into this predicament. 

"Yeah come to think of it, we do. It slipped my mind since you weren't telling me to go and die anymore." Yoona stated honestly.

"Well, it's not like you'll do it if I tell you to right?" Yuri brushed her hair and looked away.

"Fair enough." Yoona turned around to go back to sleep.

"Speaking of which, did you stop wanting me dead? You haven't mentioned it for a while now." Yuri eyed her critically.

"Not really." Yoona turned back around.

"I just don't like to tell people what to do with their lives, even if it is my own life on the line." She closed her eyes as soon as she finished.

"Tsk, you saying things like that makes me look pathetic." Yuri got annoyed.

"Aren't you?" Yoona provoked the girl.

"Hey! I.. *sigh*" Yuri almost got into one of their frequent squabble, but decided not to pursue it.

"So what do you think will happen?" Yuri asked.

"About what?" 

"Well.. who should die?" 

"Oh." 

"What'll happen? Will we both die?" Yuri sounded worried.

"No clue." Yoona replied nonchalantly. 

"Or maybe we'll just split the remaining time among both of us." Yuri started speculating all sorts of scenerios.

"I wonder." Yoona seemed uninterested.

"Hey this is serious y'know! It's life and death!" Yuri could not believe Yoona's lack on interest.

"We'll know when it happens, so let's just go to bed all right?" Yoona covered the blanket over her head.

"I suppose we should." Yuri returned back to her corner, realizing she moved from her location after being agitated. 

----------

Yuri yawned, coming out of the bathroom after her sleep. She look quietly at Yoona who was still sleeping away. 

"Man, she tosses around in her sleep too much." Yuri realized the hem of Yoona's shirt up past her belly button. 

Yuri walked over and tossed the cover over Yoona's body. She grabbed her drawing kit from under her bed and packed some snacks into her bag. 

"Hm.." Yoona held her hand up like a kitten's paw and rubbed her eyes and nose. 

"Where are you going?" She saw Yuri picking her things up and moving towards the door.

"The weather is good outside so I'm going to draw a little." Yuri trudged on towards the door.

"Oh okay, take care then." Yoona smiled, her eyes still look sleepy from having just woke up.

Yuri took a few more steps towards the door, just lifting her hand up slightly to say bye. All of a sudden a jolting pain hit both of them in the chest, the both of them struggled to cope with the pain and their hearts felt as if it was going to burst. Yuri got used to the pain earlier than Yoona and clawed her way back towards the bed Yoona was sleeping on. Just as she reached the foot of the bed, the pain slowly subsided and the duo both pant heavily.

"We'll.. huff.. die if we get too far from each other." Yuri caught back her breath.

"Totally forgot about that." Yoona had sweat flushing down her forehead. 

"Well you think you could come with me?" Yuri asked politely.

"What! It's so hot out there, just do it here!" Yoona complained.

"Then I'd be drawing my own room! Come on, I'll treat you to lunch!" Yuri offered.

"... Fine." Yoona gave in.

The duo washed up and dressed up before heading to the nearby park where Yuri could do some proper drawing. They sat at the steps leading up to the central fountain of the park. A park Yuri visited frequently when she was young.

Yoona eyed at Yuri for about 20 minutes, looking at the drawing come to a sketch, then to certain details and then being erased again.

"I can't believe you just sit here the whole day drawing and erasing." Yoona remarked.

"Don't you get bored of it?" Yoona turned to face Yuri.

"You were the one who told me draw didn't you?" Yuri gave her the glare and quickly resumed drawing.

"I guess I did. So what are you going to do with that drawing?" Yoona quickly came up with another question.

"I'm not too sure. I'd like to have it in a show if it is good enough. That is.. if I'm still alive." Yuri picked up a finer pencil to add in the small details.

Yoona stared at the hand that held the pencil slowly moving, each gentler than the one before. With each passing comes a feeling and it grows stronger and stronger. Yoona who shared feelings with Yuri could sense the girl's emotions with every detail she made on that white sheet of drawing paper.

"Hmm? She's struggling but having fun at the same time? What is this feeling? She's frustrated but happy?" Yoona was experiencing Yuri's passion first hand.

"I get it, this is how she feels when she's drawing." Yoona was dazzled by Yuri's love for drawing, she couldn't help but feel she was charming at that point in time and stared blankly at her with a dumb smile.

"You really do love drawing don't you?" Yoona questioned.

"Yeah.." Yuri replied instantly.

"How did you get started anyways?" 

"Hm.. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember. I'd show my drawings to grandma and she'd always praise me. Then I'll go ahead and draw hundreds more of them like an idiot." Yuri chuckled to herself.

"Before I knew it, drawing was as natural as eating or sleeping to me. Nothing beats the feeling of concentrating on the scene before me and drawing. It eventually got into my head that I could try to make a living out of it so I went to Art School but well you heard the rest from my dad." Yuri continued.

"Hmm.." Yoona replied with a pondering face, as if unable to understand Yuri's passion.

"Don't you have anything you want to do, Yoona?" Yuri caught on.

"Well.. I.. guess I don't. That's why I tried to kill myself." Yoona replied nonchalantly.

"Tsk.. That was before you died right? I'm asking about now." Yuri coolly replied.

"Eh?" Yoona was surprised by Yuri's reply.

"You told me you had something holding you back didn't you? Or are you just trying to make my life miserable?" Yuri probed.

"No.. That's not it." Yoona stuttered.

"Well. I was scouted by a talent agency and wanted to become an idol. After that, I wanted to travel and.." 

Yuri glared at Yoona, obviously already caught on to her lies.

"I'm sorry that was a lie." Yoona blushed and looked away.

"Well obviously." Yuri rolled her eyes.

"My life is on the line here y'know. If you don't tell me how are we supposed to move on?" Yuri sighed.

"Yeah.. I'm sorry." Yoona frowned.

"Well it doesn't have to be right now." Yuri tried playing nice.

"Hey I'm sorry about this. Can we drop by my college this afternoon?" Yoona came up with an abrupt request.

"Er.. Did you leave something behind?" Yuri was slightly taken aback.

"Yeah kind of.. I just can't move on like this." Yoona's face turned sullen.

--------

It's been such a long while. As you guys know I have not been updating any of my fics regularly. To those that still continue to read, thank you so much. Stay healthy and eat a lot. Much xoxo from the author :)