Chapter 9

We are one...

"Na..Naho?" Yuri looked upon the painful scene before her with disbelief.

"Yuri?!" Naho reacted with shock as she grabbed the blanket to cover whatever modesty she had left.

"What are you doing here?!" Haru responded similarly.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing? What exactly is this?" her eyes losing its life, her mind going blank.

"Yuri, it's not what you think. Let me explain. It's not like we've been like this the entire time. Today is the first time, I swear." Naho rants out whatever reason she could conjure up.

Yuri listened blankly, her shoulders slouched, slightly open at the absurdity of the situation. At this point she didn't know whether sadness or anger was more appropriate.

"She wouldn't believe me no matter how many times I explained. And she started crying." Haru continued explaining.

"So how did this happen?" Yuri was losing it.

Yuri's heart ached terribly, and having to act like she was buying their ridiculous story made it even worse. Yoona winced at the pain she received from Yuri. The increasing feeling of dread, sadness, and disappointment were all transmitted to Yoona. Before she knew it, she had a tear in her eye even before Yuri.

"W-Well we started drinking as we talked and then things got weird. That happens a lot right?" it was almost painful to listen to Haru explaining himself.

"I-I don't get it." 

Yoona held her hand at her heart, eyes squinted. The overwhelming feelings were almost unbearable for Yoona. So much so that she felt that she was going to explode.

"Anyways.. this is your fault for telling such a ridculous lie." Haru could not put up with the act any longer.

Haru adjusted his spectacles, while Yuri stood still as a log and listened in disbelief.

"Talking about gods and how you'd die if you were separated. I had such a hard time listening to you." Haru revealing his true feelings.

"I'd be damned if I believed you." the words struck Yuri like a death sentence.

Images of the past sped through Yuri's mind. To think that the man who she spent so much time with was saying such things. It was as if the times they spent playing games together, getting ice cream together, going to school together never happened. The fact that they grew up together suddenlyy seemed so laughable and unbelievable.

'How about being betrayed?', the words as painful as the actual feelings.

"Heh-hehe.. I am such a fool." Yuri stood there, feeling like a complete idiot.

Within the very same second, the quick clicking of heels on the ground brushed part Yuri and stormed into the room. A hand swung out as quick as the footsteps were heard and before anyone could react, Haru took a slap to the face. 

"What the?" Yuri was caught by surprise.

"Hey! What was that for!" Haru stared at Yoona.

"Why? Why did you say you believed her in the first place?" Yoona gritted her teeth while holding back her tears.

"Huh?!" Haru unable to retort.

"Do you know how happy Yuri was when you told her that you believed? Do you realize that those thoughtless words you said to someone who trusted you as a friend.." 

"Hey.." Haru coming up with another excuse.

"Hurt him way more than the excuse he gave that girl over there?! IN THE FIRST PLACE WHY DID YOU SAY YOU BELIEVED HIM!" the uncontrollable tears came flushing down the screaming girl's face.

"What the hell! You're still talking about that creepy excuse he gave and you even came to my place.." Haru spoke.

It looked as if her feelings didn't get through to him. The anger and sadness she put into those words was simply brushed away by Haru. Well, it was not as if their feelings are connected. But someone else's feelings were. 

"You bastard!" Yoona raised her hand once more.

"It's okay, let's go." Yuri held her by the shoulder, finally out of her daze.

"BUT!" Yoona felt unjustified for Yuri.

"It's all right..now." Yuri looked straight into Yoona's eyes. 

The both of them left the place after the heated fight, the absurdity of the night, and the revelation of the ugly truth. Yuri took a good look at the couple on the bed before taking Yoona's hand and walked out of the apartment.

"So long, Haru." those were Yuri's last words, before closing the door to the apartment and their friendship.

---------

--On their way back--

"What's his deal! I'm so pissed!" Yoona still rambling on after 10 minutes of walking towards Yuri's place.

"It's really okay." Yuri said, almost like a broken recorder.

"What's with you saying everything is okay? It's not!" Yoona retorted, letting her emotions out.

"Just calm down." Yuri consoled her when she should be the one getting angry.

"What? You should be angrier! Aren't you pissed at what he said?" Yoona's concern broke the all high record through the many hours the couple spent together.

"Well, I am but after seeing you snap like that I got calmer, I guess.." Yuri brushed her hand through her hair.

"But doesn't it piss you off? You trusted your girlfriend so much!" 

"It's kind of weird. You were really annoying when you were crying and getting angry when you were reading manga in the toilet." Yuri suddenly changing the topic.

"What are you talking about now! We were talking about-" Yoona lashed out at the sudden change in topic.

"Well even so I didn't feel bad or annoyed when you got angry for me." Yuri let out a smile.

"Wha-what the heck. You're being absurd." Yoona looked away and went silent.

"I think I'm starting to understand her a little now. She doesn't get angry for herself, but when it's about someone else she is the kind of person who goes all out to cry and get angry." 

"Why are you smiling?! This isn't how a guy who just lost his girlfriend and best friend AT THE SAME TIME should feel." Yoona made sure to emphasized her words.

"Well, if I had seen that alone I'd be depressed for sure. Maybe even enough to kill myself later on." Yuri looked to the sky and seriously thought about what would happen if she had seen that scene alone.

"So thank you for that. You saved me." Yuri let out a beaming smile.

"Wh-what the hell? So I failed? If I left you alone you would have wanted to die? Dammit!" Yoona pretended to curse herself and blushed.

"Heh so this is the ticklish feeling of blushing when you're happy." Yuri experiencing the sharing of feelings.

"The friend I spent my 12 years with was a mystery to me, but I feeling like I've got to know her better than that after one day." Yuri felt an awkward sense of happiness.

"Hey why is it I'm getting a weird feeling from you? What are you thinking?!" Yoona suspecting dirty thoughts from Yuri.

"I'm glad I was with the one person that I really should want dead..." 

"Hey what are you thinking! Stop it!" 

"Why don't you try guessing." Yuri let out a smirk.

The two treaded slowly back to the apartment after a long night...

5 more days from now...

---------

Taking time off this Christmas to write this chapter was fulfilling. 
Consider it a Christmas gift my friends, muwahaha. 
Have a Merry Christmas, and my wish this Christmas? Stay healthy so you can read my stories!
Remember to wear warmly, and not catch a cold. :)