Luhan's Suggestion

Operation Panda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 8[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Luhan's Suggestion[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"That'll be 6500 won please," Anne said, placing their orders on the tray.

They handed her the money and she gave them the receipt. "Have a nice day," she smiled.

Anne had been working all night, and she just couldn't wait to go home. She glanced at the clock and took off her apron. "Jiyeon-ah!" she called. "Let's go, we're off now."

"Be there in a sec!" Jiyeon answered from the back. "Got a few things to clean up still."

"Excuse me," someone cut in, a tinge of rudeness in her voice.

Anne turned around with a smile and went up to the cash register even though her shift was over now. "Hello, what can I get for you?" she asked the girl who was waiting.

"Tao oppa," the girl's friend answered bluntly.

"Hm? Pardon me?" Anne asked, thinking she heard wrong.

"You heard her," the girl replied. "You're that high school student that got caught up in a scandal with Tao, aren't you?"

Anne sighed, trying to keep the smile on her face. Over the past few days, a ton of girls had asked her if she was the girl that was presumably dating Tao. Some would try to get her fired by knocking their orders over and blaming her, or telling the manager that she mixed up their orders or got it wrong when she didn't. Fortunately, the manager was Jiyeon since the old manager had quit. She was the one who got her the job there too, so she had no intention of firing her friend over lies.

"Are you going to order anything?" Anne asked politely, neither denying or confirming their questions.

The girl scoffed. "I can't believe Tao oppa is willing to date her. She's so incapable of doing anything! I mean, she works at a place like this!"

"Hey, I don't think that's a nice thing to say," someone cut in.

They all turned around and saw Mei Li standing there with her bag around her shoulder and phone in her hand.

"Isn't that Luhan oppa's girlfriend?" the girl's friend whispered.

"Yea, it is," the girl whispered back. "These two are sisters."

"What's the problem here?" Mei Li asked, looking in Anne's direction.

Anne bit her lip and cursed herself for forgetting that Mei Li said she would take her and Jiyeon home today.

Since Anne didn't answer, Mei Li turned to the two girls. "What are you two interrogating my sister about?" she asked, keeping a kind expression on her face.

That was one of the things Anne loved about Mei Li. Even when she got mad, she could control it.

"Nothing," the girl answered.

"Doesn't seem like it," Mei Li noted.

"Well..." the girl's friend hesitated. "Mei Li unnie, how do you approve of Tao's relationship with her?" she gestured to Anne.

Unnie? Unnie, my ! She's my unnie.

Mei Li just smiled. "Why not? Tao's a great guy and he'd be lucky to date my sister."

Anne smiled gratefully, but the girls cringed. "We were talking about the other way around! We approve of your relationship with Luhan oppa, but... but she's just some kid!"

Mei Li sighed softly, and Anne could tell she was trying not to do anything to drastic. She always had to watch what she said or did because it would affect Luhan and Exo if it ever got out.

"Since you called me unnie, which I don't approve of, and Tao, oppa, I take it that you two are also young as well, probably around the same age as Anne, if not younger," she pointed out. "So if Anne's just 'some kid,' so are you two."

The two girls clenched their fists, fuming. "Aish, forget it! Just 'cause you're Luhan oppa's girlfriend, you think you're so awesome now."

And with that, they stormed out of the store.

"Okay, I'm ready now!" Jiyeon came out from the back, grinning. "Oh, Mei Li unnie!" she greeted Anne's sister. "Oh, that's right! I forgot you were driving Anne and I home today."

Mei Li just smiled at her and gestured for them to follow her out. "Come on, let's go."

Anne glanced at her and braced herself. I'm going to be in for a lecture when I get home.

 

 

 

"Want to tell me what happened at work today?" Mei Li phrased it like a question, but Anne knew it was more of a command.

Once they got home, Mei Li didn't even bother going to her room to change or anything. She just followed Anne into hers and closed the door.

"I think you know already," Anne mumbled quietly.

Her sister sighed softly and sat down next to her on the bed. "Is this the first time something like this happened after the scandal broke out?"

"Yes," Anne lied confidently.

Mei Li stared at her for a while before speaking. "Okay, I know you can lie well, especially to me because I'm oblivious to everything. Ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter