Chapter Nine

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunday morning went by fast like a wind. You spent all day cleaning the house and doing the household chores since you’re mom wasn’t home. She went to visit an old friend and will be coming home the next day, so you’re left all alone. You had nothing fun to do so you thought of cleaning the house so that when your mom arrives, she will have nothing to worry about.

You plopped your exhausted body on your bed, burying your face in your pillows. You were all covered with sweat. All the cleaning, walking from one place to another made you tired. It was still 1 in the afternoon but it felt a day or two had already passed. “What a long day!!” you groaned underneath your pillow. You kept moving from time to time until finally, you dozed off to dreamland.

You slept the rest of the afternoon. Seconds became minutes and minutes became hours. The next thing you knew, it was already 6 in the evening when you woke up. The sky was already dark and the moon was visible in the sky. Dried sweat covered your body and you felt sticky and disgusting. You raised an arm and smelled your pits which was a bad idea because it smelled pretty bad. Without thinking twice, you got out of bed and bobbed yourself into your bathroom to get a warm and fresh shower.

About half an hour, you walked out of the bathroom feeling fresh and clean. You sat back on your bed and got your phone from the nightstand before you frowned in disappointment. Not even a message was there. I wonder what Luhan is doing now… probably his with Myunghee… There probably da—Your thoughts were cut off by the sound of your doorbell ringing. “Well, mom’s early. I thought she will still come home tomorrow.” You mumbled before standing to get it.

You quite hesitant to open it, but you ended up doing it. You were expecting to be greeted by your mom, but instead it was someone else. Someone you don’t know. “May I help you with something?” was all you managed.

“Ah yes. Does a girl who listens to the name Kim Soomin live here?” the guy asked.

“Uhh… I am Kim Soomin. Wae?” you asked

“I have a package from Miss Park.” He said, handing over a big white box. You took a hold of it and stared at it for a couple of seconds. Myunghee has a package for me? “Uhh… May I ask what this box is for?”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have any idea about what it is. Miss Park just told me to hand it over to you.” was what the guy said before bowing and taking off. You closed the door before staring back at the box. You walked back to your room and placed the box on top of your bed. Hesitantly, you opened that box and were met by a short note written in a card.

Wear this for tonight. I hope you like it. I’ll ask someone to pick you up. See you at 8!

-Myunghee

What is she talking about? You proceeded in opening it. Inside the box was a pink above the knee dress. You were left gaping at it. “What the —“ before you could continue, the buzzing of your phone interrupted you. You went to retrieve it and saw a message from Myunghee. See you at 8! –Myunghee

When you checked what time it was, you cursed loudly. It was already quarter to eight! And you haven’t prepared yet. Like a wind, you grabbed the dress and bobbed yourself in your bathroom to wear it. After a minute or two, you got out and sat in front of the mirror to get your hair done. You applied light make up on and after a few brushes, you were. Just in time, you heard the doorbell ring. You checked yourself once again in the mirror before walking out.

A man in his late twenties welcomed you, bowing slightly. He was wearing a suit, looking very stunning. At the back of him was a luxurious black car. Your jaw dropped at the sight. I never knew Myunghee was this rich. You closed the door behind you, locking it before walking in the luxurious car with the man opening its door for you. when you were settled, he closed it before hopping in the driver’s seat and sped off.

The ride was quiet. You blankly stared out the window, not knowing where this guy was taking you. When you couldn’t take it anymore, you mustered up the courage and spoke up. “Uhh, excuse me, where are we going?”

“I’m sorry but I am told not to tell you until we get there.” The man said. you just nodded in agreement. Yah! Park Myunghee! What are you planning to do?

 

 

The car stopped in front of a garden. The place was filled with lights like from those fairytale movies. It was simply beautiful. The man guided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter