Chapter Five

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks passed already. It was good to know that you and Luhan are still in good shape. You’re back as being best friends. He would come by early to your house to walk you to school. He would also be waiting for you at the gates at the end of the day to walk you home. He pisses you off at times and you act mean to him at times either. Every week ends, he would take you to places that you never even thought exists. He would help you know the world better and the people living in it. Your dad got promoted in his job and is now known as the vice president of the company he works at. Every Sunday you, Luhan, your parents and his mom gathers at Luhan’s place to talk and bond. Everything was turning out great for everyone.

 

It was a thursday morning and you woke up as the raise of the sun hit your face. You groggily got out of bed and prepared yourself for another wonderful day. Done, you stepped out of your room and walked yourself in the kitchen. Your dad left earlier, as usual. Your mom was baking pancakes and there was Luhan sitting at one of the chairs in the dining table, drooling over the pancakes your mom was baking. Your rolled your eyes then sat across him.

 

“Aren’t you suppose to wait at the gate?” you raised a brow. Luhan’s gaze left the pancake and placed them on you.

“Yah! I also get hungry, you know? And Auntie was polite enough to let me in which you never did.” He childishly complained.

“Yah!” you softly called

“Why? Isn’t it true? Right, Auntie?” he defended trying to get some support from your mom.

“Alright, alright, stop the bickering.” Your mom said as he placed the newly-cooked pancakes in the table.

 

You got your fork and stuck them over the pancake and placed it on your plate. Luhan did the same. Both of you were enjoying the scrumptious pancakes without you knowing that your mom was watching both of you from the living room. You finished your second pancake and Luhan finished his fourth. There was already one pancake left. Both of you and Luhan looked at each other then to the pancake and stuck your forks to it.

 

“Yah! you already had four!” you bawled

“But I’m still hungry.” He protested

“That’s unfair!” you shot back but in the end Luhan won. You pouted in your seat crossing your arms. Luhan was about to place the pancake right to his ravenous mouth when he saw the expression written all over your face. He slowly closed his mouth then placed the pancake over to your plate.

“Here” he said, handing you over the plate.

“I lost my appetite” you said then stood up from your seat and began walking passed him. He held your wrist without leaving his seat. You looked back at him.

“Do you really want to fight over this pancake?” he pointed using his free hand. You looked at him then the pancake.

“So… you’re really not going to eat that?” you asked. He eagerly shook his head.

“I’d rather starve then to have you mad at me” he solemnly said. You got your wrist back from him then stared at the pancake.

“You’re choice” you said as you got your fork and stuck it in the pancake then placed it inside your mouth. Luhan watched you with wide eyes.

“You little demon” he playfully teased

“Cute little demon if you’d ask me” you corrected then walked to the living room and got your bag from the couch. Luhan followed behind you.

“Umma, we’ll get going now.” You said as you kissed your mom’s cheeks. Your mom smile and simply nodded her head. Luhan bowed and thanked her then both of you headed out and made your way to the university.

“Puppy, pali! Or I’ll be late!” you called. He rushed beside you and both of you walked your way to the university.
 

 

Both of you stopped at the gates of the university. You turned to face Luhan and he did as well.“Uhh..do you have something to do this afternoon?” he started.

“Uhh… My mom asked me to go grocery shopping for her, why?” you asked

“Uhh.. I wanted you to come with me somewhere.” He explained

“Sure… where is it?” you said

“You’ll know when we get there. I’ll be waiting here later, okay? Now go to class or you’ll be late.” He stated pushing you towards the university. You smile and waved at him before heading to your classroom. He also waved back before leaving.

 

 

“Promotion of Products” your professor discussed, “This is also one of the most important things you need to do. In promoting products, you need to have a gimmick so that it will easy for you to earn people’s trust and attention. Or in short, it should be eye-catchy. But of course the product also is the main focus. It needs to be high in quality and standards.”

 

All eyes and ears were fixed on the professor. Every time he writes something, automatically, all of you note it down. It was a very long and tiring day. Well, school is always tiring even to a math geek like you. No one just can stand school forever. But education is really important so whether you like it or not you have to attend it.

 

Finally another tiring day in school ended. Everyone packed up their stuffs and prepared themselves to leave. You got your things as well and headed out of the room. You exited the university and there you saw Luhan waiting by the gate with his car parked in front. A smile crept down your face as you approached him.

 

“Did you wait long?” you started. He turned to face you.

“Ani, I just arrived…” he coolly shook his head. You nodded in understanding.

“Shall we…” he said as he opened the car’s door for you. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter