Chapter Six

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up as the raise of the sun slipped through the curtains slapping your face. You slept very well last night which you haven’t done in days. Not to mention that Luhan’s words keep running through your mind. You got out of bed, got your towel and bobbed yourself in the bathroom. After minutes of getting ready, you hopped out and readied your things for school. After a minute or two, you walked out of the room closing the door. You caught a sight of your mom sitting with a girl right at your age in the couch. You silently walked towards your mom’s direction giving her a slight kiss in the cheeks.

 

“Goodmorning umma” you mumbled only for her to hear. Your sight then landed on the girl who was a while ago sitting in the couch but who was now standing at the sight of your presence. A big grin was painted on her pretty face as she stared at you full of happiness.

“Oh Soo Min-ah, you woke up already. Remember Myunghee?” your mom asked. You stared at the girl whom your mom referred to as the name ‘Myunghee’ before you shook your head. A slight frown formed Myunghee’s face at your answer. Disappointment was very obvious in her face.

“What do you mean you don’t? She was one of your friends since grade school. Both of you along with Luhan were inseparable.” Your mom stated. You stared at Myunghee with analyzing eyes as you tried to recall the memories you totally forgot.

 

Myunghee…. Myunghee… Myunghee… She looks familiar though. And her name suits her since she looks like a bright girl.

 

You recalled the past hoping that her face would pop out in your head along with the memories you had with her until finally it hit you. Park Myunghee, your talkative GBF (girl best friend) in cram school who also helped you know the world better, know people better and to get out of your shell. Who used to have a huge crush on Luhan, who took part in the cheerleading team just to see his face, who used to squeal about him in front of you when his not around, in short, She was the girl obsessed with your best friend. And what hurts even more, she was Luhan’s first love.

 

“Myunghee-ah…” you mumbled with a mixture of joy and sadness. You were very happy to see her again but at the same time you were sad at the thought that she was Luhan’s first Love before Suzy.

“Pixie-ah! I’m glad you remembered! You have no idea how I missed you when I was in U.S” she said giving you a tight hug. Your mom looked at you full of happiness before excusing herself to give both of you time to talk. Both of you settled in the couch. You somehow felt uneasy with her presence and you don’t know why. Maybe because she wasn’t with you for how many years when she left for U.S. Her eyes roamed around the place then landed to you.

 

“Omo! Soo Min-ah, you’ve changed! You’ve grown prettier without those glasses and braces you usually wore in cram school.” She uttered. You awkwardly smiled at her as you uneasily scratched the back of your neck.

“Thanks, I guess.” You said in reply.

“Aigo, is my pixie still shy like before? Didn’t Luhan influence you his cockiness?” she asked shaking her head.

“Uhh…” you stuttered making her giggle.

“Speaking of Luhan, where is he by the way? I’ve been dying to see him since I arrived at the airport. Did he become more handsome? More muscular? Did he change?” she keenly asked making you feel even more uneasy.

“He… he… uhhh… he’s still a jerk like usual, pig munching and playful. He’s… still handsome like always…” you whispered the last part but was loud enough for her to hear. Just in time, the door burst open revealing the tall, handsome and muscular boy.

 

“Yah! Soo Min-ah, how long are yo~” he was cut off at the sight of the girl beside you. Myunghee, at the sight of him, immediately stood up, surprised to see him.

“Luhan…” Myunghee called looking at him full of happiness. Obviously, she was now jumping for joy at the sight of her CRUSH in front of her. Luhan looked at her tenderly as well giving pain to that heart of yours. You immediately placed a hand in your pained chest and started hitting it, making the pain go away but to no avail, the pain stayed where it is. They were too busy staring at each other that they didn’t even noticed you. You cleared your throat making them get back to reality.

 

“Uhh… Myunghee, what brought you back here in Korea?” Luhan finally spoke from the silence that was torturing you.

“Appa had some business to attend to here so I decided to come along knowing that I’ll be able to see Soo Min again and…… you.” She blushed at the last part. You rolled your eyes then looked at the watch at your wrist. Your eyes widened at the time and you immediately rushed towards the door with your things in hand.

“Oh, Soo Min-ah, where are you going?” Myunghee, at last, finally noticed you.

“Sorry Myunghee but I’m late for school.” You said without looking back and just continued running. Luhan looked at the door then Myunghee.

“I… I’ll see you later.” Luhan said with a smile before rushing out to catch up with you.

 

 

You slowed down as you got nearer and nearer towards the university taking this as a chance to catch your breath. With heavy heart, you walked your way to school. Shouldn’t I be happy that my GBF is here? Tch, He didn’t even follow me. You tried shaking those thoughts away as you were about to enter the school gates when a hand grabbed your shoulder yanking you back and turning you to face the person. Your eyes widened upon seeing an exhausted Luhan catching his breath from all the running.

 

“Lu-Luhan…” you mumbled. When he finally got himself together, he managed to speak, “For a girl who doesn’t like sports, you’re fast. You didn’t even give me a chance to catch up.” He pouted.

“Never thought you’d actually follow.” You whispered loud enough for only you to hear.

“What?” he asked.

“I said I’m late for class and I have to go.” You said then started walking back in when he yanked you back. Again.

“Yah, seriously, why are you so gloomy today?” he asked with a scoff before continuing, “Shouldn’t you even be happy that Myunghee is here?”

“I’m not gloomy, I’m worried that I’ll be late, so if you excuse me I have to go.” You explained then started walking in again. Thinking that he’d actually leave, a hand took a hold of your wrist, turning you back until you landed in his arms. Your eyes widened at his actions. He’s happy that his first love arrived and now he’s hugging me? Not that there’s something wrong with hugging a friend I mean ughh… Luhan, please don’t make it as difficult as it already is for me.

 

 

“Take care today. And keep smiling. You look prettier when you smile than when you’re gloomy.” He said with you still in his arms. He then let go of the hug leaving you dumbfounded at the scene. “I’ll be waiting here later.” With that, he left. You, still dumbfounded, walked yourself in the university then in the classroom. Just in time, your professor arrived and started the session.

 

 

Classes started and ended just like the usual. Like always, you listened and took notes. Break came and all you did was slumped your head in your desk with your arms covering it, supporting it at the same time instead of crowding with your friends and have little chats about this and that. You don’t really have a friend whom you can tell your problems to in school. Girls in your university are not really the kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter