Chapter Eight

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week passed since our last conversation with Luhan. After that, life went on the way it was: Me going to school every week days and hanging with my best friends every weekend. Though it was hectic, since examinations are fast approaching, it didn’t hinder from having quality time with my friends. Myunghee isn’t staying in Seoul forever, might as well make the most of her time left, right?

 

It was 7 in the morning when you heard your phone ringing. You groaned at the annoying sound running through your ears. You sat up and reached for your phone at the night stand beside your lamp shade. You didn’t bother looking at the caller I.D any longer since sleep was starting to get to you.

 

“Soomin-ah” Myunghee spoke from the other line.

“Hmm?” you hummed, ready to fall asleep any time now.

“Don’t tell me you’re still in bed? Get up now. We’re going somewhere.” She demanded

“Now?!” you shrieked and immediately diverted you gaze to your alarm clock, “But it still 7 in the morning for Christ’s sake! AND, it’s Saturday!”

“Now, now, pixie-ah, don’t get too hyped up. You’re best friend here just want some quality time with you.”  she cooed

“didn’t we have enough quality time already? And in fact, we can do it later. Just let me sleep please” you pouted though you knew she can’t see you.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but actually, I’m on my way to your house now.” That made your eyes widened and shooed the sleepiness away from you, “WHAT?! Wait, is Luhan coming?”

“No. so you better get ready before I arrive, ara? You don’t want me to drag you to get ready myself. Annyeong!” with that, she hung up. You threw your phone beside you and immediately hopped out of bed and got ready.

 

 

In about five minutes, your doorbell rang. You could hear your mom groaning as she made her way towards the door. Well you can’t blame. I mean who would even be visiting this early? Right from your room, you could hear myunghee’s voice.

 

“Auntie, you wouldn’t mind if I borrow Soomin, would you?” she said

“Uhhh… ye… but… this early?”

“Ne… you see, time is gold so we must not waste it.” Myunghee chanted.

Then, your came out from your door and approached them.

“Soomin-ah!” Myunghee waved. Seriously what’s gotten into her? First, she woke me up early in the morning saying she wants to spend quality time with me and now she acts all childish and stuff?

“I’ll be taking her now, auntie! Annyeong!” with that, you were dragged by her towards her luxurious car.

Myunghee was humming some random tune as she drove the car. You can’t help but notice the kind of happiness blooming from her.

 

 

“Yah, Myunghee-ah, are you on drugs or what?” you asked which caught her by surprise that she burst into a loud guffaw.

“What? Of course not!” she stated in between chuckles. Your crossed your arms and looked at her quizzically.

“You better be not because I won’t  twice in calling the police for you.” you said.

“Oh come on, pixie-ah, does a person has to have a reason to be happy?” she asked

“Yes?”

“Okay, well maybe yes, anyway why are you making it a big deal anyway? Why? Can’t I just be happy? Don’t you want me to be happy?” random question escaped from her bare lips.

“N-no, it’s just… well… weird…” You didn’t argue anymore and just looked outside the window.

Not an hour passed, the car stopped in front of the mall. You hopped out the car at once and so did Myunghee.

“What are we doing here?” you asked

“What else? To shop of course! Unless you want to take a bath here that would be weird.” She chuckled at her own joke.  When she got herself together, she got hold of your arms and chanted, “Kaja!”.

 

 

Myunghee dragged you to various stores. She even bout you some clothes, bags and stuff like that. You told her not to and that you were okay but she insisted. And knowing Myunghee, she’s a type of person who doesn’t take no as an answer.  All you did was shop here, shop there, eat here and eat there without you knowing that it was already 3 in the afternoon.  I guess, time does flies fast when you’re having fun. You even had a new hair cut and got you nails colored thanks to her.


You were now settled in a table with Myunghee sitting across you, with both your ice creams in hand. For a while it was silent. None of you talked until she did.

 

“Aaah… Why don’t we invite Luhan with us! Wait, let me call that puppy…” she grabbed her phone from her bag and started dialing Luhan’s number.

“I thought it’s OUR quality time?” you clarified

“Well he’s still our best friend, you know.” She said and right then and there, a voice came out from the othe line

 

---

 

“Hello?”

“Oh, Luhan!”

“Myunghee? Where are you? Soomin’s mom told me you’re with her right now.”

“Yeah, I am. We’re having some quality time together.”

“Really? Without me? How dare you?”

“Sorry, I just felt like I have a little catching up to do with little pixie here.”

“Where are you, I’ll go there”

“I’ll just text you the address. See you”

“Yeah”

 

---

 

“Sooo, what did he say?” you asked.

“He said his on his way…” she said and you nodded in agreement. 

 

 

Minutes later, Luhan arrived panting, trying to catch his breath. He must’ve been rushing his way here. Myunghee somehow still find him cute though he was covered with sweat and his hair was messed up. In the end she found herself chuckling.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter