Chapter Four

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You ran in your house with tears still oozing down your face. Your mom was at the living room while your dad was still at work.

“Soo ~” your mom started at the sight of you rushing towards your room. You just ran passed her without saying a single word and headed towards your room. You jigged on your bed and buried your face with a pillow and started to cry even more. In a couple of minutes, your mom knocked on the door softly while calling out your name. Immediately, you sat up straight, wiped your tears away and asked her to get in.

 

“Soo Min, did you take dinner already?” your mom sweetly asked. You slightly nodded your head but still facing the ground. Your mom approached you and sat beside you. She sighed then looked at you. “What’s wrong?” she asked. You just shook your head.

“I know something’s wrong. Come on, just tell umma what happened. Is it…” your mom pause for a second then continued, “Luhan?”.

“How did you~” you looked at her.

“The way you looked at him was the same way I looked at your father before. You can never hide it, darling. So what happened?” she asked

 

“I’m just a best friend and nothing’s gonna change the thought of that.” You explained as tears started to fall again. Your mom was moved at your words. She hugged you and caressed her fingers in your hair.

 

“You know darling, there are girls that are meant to be a girlfriend there are some that are just meant to be a best friend. Maybe, you’re just one of those who are meant to be a best friend. One day, you’ll find that person who’s destined for you. Let’s just leave it to fate.” Your mom explained. With your mom’s words, you were moved. You knew you could never change the thought that you will always be a best friend to Luhan, nothing else.

 

 

The next morning you woke with swollen eyes. You skipped out of bed and bobbed yourself in the bathroom. Done, you changed then headed out. It was a Saturday weekend so there are no classes. Watching T.V, eat and sleep were your usual weekend routines. You came over the kitchen where you saw your mom peacefully eating breakfast. You sat across her with a smile.

 

“Appa?” you asked

“He left already.” Your mom simply said. You nodded your head then started eating your breakfast. After breakfast, you helped your mom in washing the dishes and sweeping the floor. Done, you excuse yourself then went out for some fresh air. You went to the park right by the corner. You bought a chocolate-flavored ice cream then sat at one of the swing.

 

Your eyes were fixed on the kids. They were so happy playing with their friends. Then, your gaze landed on a cute little girl positioned on the ground, crying. You felt bad for her. You looked around to check if anyone was coming close to her to comfort her, but no one dared to. You sighed then began to draw near her but stopped at the sight a little boy nearing her.

 

“Ahjumma, gwenchana?” the little boy knelt down, asking. The little girl didn’t say a word but just continued crying. The little boy got his hanky from his pocket then wiped her tears for her.

“Ajhumma, from now on, I’ll be your friend. Arraseo?” the little boy protested. A smile crept down your face at the scene.

“Looks like a déjà vu to you, huh?” a familiar voice uttered all of a sudden. Your eyes widened and you gasped in surprise. Slowly, you tilted your head to the voice’s direction. There you saw no other than Luhan with an immense smile written on his face and his eyes fixed on you.

“Annyeong…” he paused for a second then continued “Ahjumma” he greeted with the smile not leaving his face. You turned around to face him.

“How’d you know I’m here?” you questioned.

“Who said I was looking for you?” he interrogated

“Eh?” you embarrassingly asked

“I was just kidding” he cackled, “You should’ve seen your face” he teased and cackled more. You rolled your eyes at his childishness. His smile then turned into his humorless face.  He strode closer to you making your eyes meet his.

“The truth is…” he started, “I came here for you…” he solemnly said. You tried to look away but he held your chin to finally meet your eyes.

“About yesterday…” he began,

“Let’s forget it ever happened” you butted in as you moved aback from him.

“What?” he looked at you, questioning. You awkwardly smiled.

“Just act like nothing happened, like it was all a dream.” You stated.

“Why? Don’t you mean what you said?” he questioned.

“I… do” you solemnly confirmed, “but…” you were cut off by surprise when he suddenly pulled you closer to him by the waist. Your eyes widened at how close his face was to yours.

“Then don’t tell me to forget it cuz’ it won’t be easy for me either.” He frankly said with his eyes fixed in yours. Your face turned at a slight shade of pink at how both of you were positioned. Your heart thumped faster as your face turned crim.

 

 


You were already walking with Luhan side by side with a little distance between you two. You could feel the awkwardness in the air. You would steal some quick glances at him every once in a while and he would too. Just last night you were cursing him for not having notice of you but now, he just showed up in front of you and everything was okay, felt like nothing happened, like you were never hurt. I think that’s what love is. You fight then forgive. You hate then fall in love again. But just the fact that you’re just a best friend still pains your heart. But it’s better that way, right? At least, he’s still by your side. You just got to accept the fact that there are girls meant to be a girlfriend and there are others which meant to be just a best friend.

 

You were in deep thought at the moment when Luhan w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter