Chapter Nine

The Master And His Pet

“Come on, Myungsoo. Eat.”

For half an hour, Sungyeol had been trying to get to eat. But his pet still refused.

“Yah. Eat.”

His pet shook his head as he stared at the floor. Sungyeol groaned in annoyance and slammed his fists on the table, startling his pet.

“Would you just eat already?! Or would you rather starve?!”

Myungsoo looked up at his master’s angry eyes, and nodded.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me..” Sungyeol sighed and sat beside his pet.

“You greet me every time I come in here. But that’s all. You don’t even say a word after that.”

Myungsoo stayed silent.

“You’ve been like this for three days. And plus, you won’t even eat. How can you even get up to greet me?”

Sungyeol stared at his pet sadly. “Myungsoo, please. Just eat before I go to Sunggyu’s for the weekend.”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

“Just eat before I go to Sunggyu’s for the weekend.”

Myungsoo’s eyes widened. No.. You can’t go..

“Master, please don’t go there..I don’t like-”

“Myungsoo, I’ll be fine.” Liar.

“Now please eat. Okay?”

Myungsoo shook his head. “No. I won’t eat if Master leaves.”

Sungyeol growled and shook his head, then left Myungsoo alone in the basement.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Myungsoo clung onto his master’s arm, trying to stop him from leaving. Sungyeol rolled his eyes and shoved him off.

“Master, please stay!” By the time Myungsoo said that, his master was already gone. Myungsoo stared at the door then took off running. He ran downstairs, and straight to the basement. He ignored Dongwoo’s calls and locked himself in the room.

He threw his weak body on the bed and just laid there, staring at the dark ceiling.

“Master, why did you leave.. He’s going to hurt you..”

Slam.

“Yah, Myungsoo! You realize that anyone can unlock the door from the other side, right?” . I forgot.

“Hyung, he’s gonna get hurt again!” Myungsoo cried. Donngwoo sighed and laid beside him.

“Believe me, Myungsoo. Master Sungyeol has dated Master Sunggyu for two years. He’s used to it.”

“But what if he ends up killing Master Sungyeol..”

“He wouldn’t do that, he- Wait. Myungsoo, do you.. Are you in love with Master Sungyeol?”

Myungsoo stayed quiet.

“No. Oh, Myungsoo. No, no, no. Myungsoo, you can’t fall in love with him! You’ll only get hurt! I used to be in love with Master-”

“And you got hurt. But now you’re in a secret relationship with Hoya-ssi.”

Dongwoo sat up abruptly. “How do you know that?”

“Believe me. If I told you, you’d think I was insane.”

“How could I think you’re insane when you know about my relationship with Howon, who you’ve never even met?”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Dongwoo was in his room, trying to figure out what the hell Myungsoo had just told him. He wasn’t going to call him insane. There’s no way he could be insane if he knew about Hoya.

 

“But.. How did he know about Coco.. She died last year before he even came here..”

His phone suddenly went off, making Dongwoo jump.

 

“Jeez.. Trying to give me a heartattack..”

“Dongwoo-ah.”

“Master? It’s 1 in the morning. Why are you calling so late?”

Sungyeol chuckled. “I just wanted to know if Myungsoo ate or not.”

“Master, you know he’s not going to eat.”

The other side of the phone was silent for a while.

“Master?”

“...I’ll be home soon..”

 

“No, Master, enjoy your weekend with Master Sunggyu! I’ll try to get Myungsoo to eat, don’t-”

“Dongwoo-ah. I know you don’t want me here.”

 

“But Master-”

“I’m be home in half an hour.” And with that Sungyeol hung up on Dongwoo.

Dongwoo sighed and set his phone on the dresser.

“Ah. You never listen, Master.”

______________________________________________________________________________

 

Sungyeol yawned as he threw his bags on the sofa. He had planned to spend his weekend with his boyfriend, but only got to spend a few hours with him. Thanks to his stubborn pet.

He dragged his tired self to the basement. He unlocked the door and walked down the steps to find his pet sleeping peacefully. “You’re probably starving..” Sungyeol sighed. He didn’t want to wake his pet, but it had been days since his pet ate last.

“Myungsoo-ah..” He called, shaking his pet softly.

Myungsoo’s eyes fluttered open at the sound of his master’s voice.

“Master?”

Sungyeol carefully lifted Myungsoo up, and walked upstairs to the kitchen with his pet in his arms.

 

“Master, what are you doing?”

“I came home so you would eat.”

Myungsoo began to feel bad for ruining his master’s weekend. His master came home just so that he would eat.

“I’m sorry, Master. I ruined your weekend with Master Sunggyu.”

“It’s fine.” His master muttered.

It was silent the whole time Sungyeol was feeding Myungsoo. Sungyeol was already upset, and Myungsoo didn’t want to make it worse.

____________________________________________________________________________



“Master, there’s no need to carry me-”

“Myungsoo, just be quiet.”

 

“Wait, why aren’t you taking me to-”

 

“Yah, shut up already. I’m tired.”  Master, that doesn’t explain why you’re taking me to my room..

 

Sungyeol set his pet on his bed, then plopped down on his bed.

 

“Just sleep. Gyu wore me out, and I’m exhausted. So just sleep.”

 

Myungsoo covered his master with the sheets before laying beside him. He stared at his master’s face, admiring how gorgeous he was.

 

“Master?”

 

Sungyeol groaned in annoyance, but sighed and looked at his pet. “What?”

 

“Thank you for coming back home.”

 

“Mm. Go to sleep now.”

 

Myungsoo leaned closer and kissed his master on the lips. Sungyeol’s eyes opened widely at the feeling of his pet’s lips. Myungsoo pulled away and snuggled up to Sungyeol’s chest.

 

“Goodnight, Master..”

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

A/N : Hi.

Yeeeah, ignore the terrible format.

I'm using google docs because my mom forgot to pay for the office word monthly thingy . 

Yeah. The Office Word Monthly Thingy .

Anyway, it looks normal in google docs, but when I post it here...

It looks retarded. 

Oh well.

Enjoy.

 

Love, 

Cynthia <3