Chapter Four

The Master And His Pet

It had been three days since Sungyeol last punished Myungsoo. He actually hasn’t even came down to the basement.

Myungsoo jumped when he heard the door slam.

“Sungyeol-ah, are you in here?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow.

“Dongwoo?”

Dongwoo sighed.

“He hasn’t come back yet..”

Myungsoo was confused. Where did he go in the first place?

Dongwoo sat down beside Myungsoo. “After Master Sungyeol…had his way with you, he suddenly left.”

“He hasn’t come back?” Dongwoo shook his head. Dongwoo hugged Myungsoo and started crying. Myungsoo was surprised to see Dongwoo cry like this.

“Myungsoo, what if something happened to him?” He sobbed.

“d-Dongwoo, maybe he ju-“

SLAM.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Dongwoo rushed upstairs to find a drunk Sungyeol hanging on to his best friend, Hoya. Dongwoo quickly ran to Sungyeol, and helped Hoya bring him to his room.

“What happened?” Dongwoo asked worriedly after laying Sungyeol on his bed.

Hoya looked at Sungyeol, then grabbed Dongwoo’s hand. “Follow me.” He says. Dongwoo blushed and felt his heart begin to beat faster. Hoya sat Dongwoo on the sofa, then sat beside him.

“Yesterday, he showed up at my place crying. Hyung, he had cuts all over him.”

“h-He went to Master Sunggyu’s ag-“

“Quit calling that sick bastard that!” Hoya yelled, making Dongwoo flinch. Hoya sighed and caressed his cheek. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have yelled.” He says.

“It’s okay..”

Hoya frowned, knowing that he was lying. He wrapped his arms around Dongwoo, hugging him tightly, and kissed his forehead.

“y-Yah, Howon! Quit it!” Dongwoo pushed Hoya away. His face was bright red.

Chuckling, Hoya kissed his cheek. “But I missed you..”

“Howon-ah, stop. Now tell me why Master Sungyeol-“

“Aish, you call him master too?”

“Yah, don’t interrupt me!” Dongwoo pouted. Hoya giggled and kissed him again. Dongwoo groaned and gently shoved him away.

“Would you just tell me why he’s drunk at 7 in the morning?”

“He came to my place yesterday, but then he left again. He didn’t come back so I went to look for him, and I found him walking outside a bar.”

“Did he tell you what happened?”

Hoya stared at Dongwoo. “Hyung, he didn’t have to tell me. He obviously was at Sunggyu’s-“

“He left Tuesday night! You’re telling me that he stayed there for three whole days?!”

Hoya stayed quiet. “Something obviously happened, Howon. Why else would he cry?”

“You’re right.. He never cries..”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Myungsoo ran to the staircase when he heard the locks being unlatched. He gasped and ran to catch his master when he was about to fall.

“m-Myungsoo.. I missed you..” Sungyeol sadly laughed. Myungsoo didn’t understand.

“m-Master, what-“

“Myungsoo.. Take me to my room..”

Myungsoo stared at his master. He had cuts on his face. He ed his master’s shirt and gasped. His skin was purple and red. Red from the cuts, and purple from the bruised. He gently traced the cuts on his master’s chest. Sungyeol whimpered at his touch. Myungsoo quickly brought his master out of the basement and to his room.

“Master, what happened to you..”

Sungyeol mumbled something, but Myungsoo didn’t understand. Myungsoo gently laid Sungyeol down, and was going to run downstairs to get Dongwoo, but Sungyeol grabbed his wrist. “No.. Don’t go..”

“But your cuts, Master.. They need to be treated..”

Sungyeol shook his head. “Just lay with me..”

Myungsoo hesitated then got into bed with his master. He could feel his master shake. He was either freezing, or terrified. But why would he be terrified? Myungsoo pulled the covers over them.

“Master, what happened?” He whispered, gently touching the cuts on his master’s face.

Sungyeol said nothing and snuggled into his pet’s chest.

“It was Master Sunggyu, wasn’t it?” Myungsoo ran his fingers through his master’s hair. Sungyeol stayed silent. Myungsoo sighed and shook his head.

“Why would you stay with him when he hurts you all the time?”

Myungsoo suddenly felt something wet on his chest, and realized that his master was crying.

“I understand that you love him, but Master… He might end up killing you..” 

"I can't leave him, Myungsoo.." Sungyeol sobbed.

“Master, please don’t cry.” He whispered, bring his master closer to his body.

Myungsoo hates the man, but he doesn’t wish him dead. Even with the things his master does to him.