Chapter 3"Step By Step"

Listen

Two weeks passed and that meant that BTS finally debuted. The debut stage was absolutely amazing. Fans cheered for them as if there was no tomorrow. It was the biggest accomplishment for V that day.

"What's with that face?" Jin asked, nudging V's shoulder lightly.

"H-Huh?" The younger boy said, looking at Jin and Jimin now.

"Did something happen yesterday?" Jimin asked, smiling, "You've been......daydreaming....a lot. Did you meet someone yesterday?"

"Ah, ani. It's not that-"

"Then what? You've been a lot happier after our debut stage." Jin pointed out.

"Ah, I see. Is it because, people are starting to be nice to you now. You proved them wrong and the hyung's are treating you better too now? The girls are fawning over you, saying that you're the coolest person ever? Or-"

"It's not that at all." V laughed, interrupting Jimin, "Not even close."

"Then what is it?" Jin popped into the conversation again.

"I've found my motivation." V responded, making both of them let out a smile.

"Jinja?" They both said, making V nod his head.

 


        -----FlashBack-----
 


His lips curved up slowly. That's all he needed. One reason why he should keep moving forward.

"Ne." He responded, "Ne."

She let out a small smile and pulled away from him. Clearing , he looked at her.

"Just so you know.....I didn't stalk you or anything. I always come here after school. I hope you don't misunderstand."

"Ani, I'm not." He said, smiling at her, "This place really is peaceful, so I understand."

She smiled and nodded her head, "Ne." Both of her eyes turned to look at the city ahead of them now, "It really is."

"Oh, you live here?" V asked when they got to the front of her house.

"Ne." She turned around to look at him and smiled while bowing towards him, "Thank you for walking me home. Although, we just barely met today."

"It's fine. A girl like you shouldn't be walking home alone. I mean, any girl shouldn't be. It's not safe."

She smiled and nodded, "Ne, komawo again.....Taehyung-ah."

His eyes grew a bit shocked. She knew his name? All this time they've seen each other at school, she knew him all along? Well, he is in BTS, so what's there not to know about.

"Y-You know my name?"

She let out a small laugh. Her voice, her face, her everything was so familiar to him, yet he didn't know what made him feel that way.

"It's on your name tag."

"Oh." He looked down at his name tag that was snipped onto the upper left side of his school uniform shirt, "Right."

"Plus." He looked at her who was already looking at him, "Everyone talks about you at school. It's hard not to hear about you."

"Oh." Honestly, V didn't know if he should take that as a good or bad thing, "Well, I'll be going now...." He said, landing his eyes on her name tag, "Nam....NamEun."

Even her name sounded familiar to him. Did he somehow know her?

"Ne, you....should get going now." She smiled at him and walked up her front porch, but looked back at him, "Good night, walk home safely.....Taehyung-ah." With one last smile, she went inside her house.

 


      -----FlashBack Ends-----
 


But, lately he hasn't seen the girl go up the hilltop after school. Did she hear something about him for her to stop going there? No, it can't be. She didn't seem to be like that. Although they only met once, he felt as if he knew her, yet nothing popped up to refresh his memory of her. Could it be that they had already met, but he just didn't remember?

The sun was slowly dying out when school ended. His old routine repeated, but instead he decided to go to the back of the school to shoot some hoops. He put his backpack down onto the bench and bounced the basket ball onto the black cemented ground. He went to the middle of the court and held onto the basket ball and closed his right eye, raising the ball above his head and shooting it towards the hoop. He let out a smile as the ball nicely shot into the hoop. He was about to get the ball, but the girl he's been waiting to meet for days stopped it with her left feet. He stopped himself and looked at her from afar. She wasn't wearing her school uniform, but a pair of soccer uniforms with her short hair tied up. Just then, he realized that the rest of the soccer girls came out and went onto the field that was besides the basketball court.

"I believe this is yours?"

V snapped out of his thoughts and realized that NamEun was in front of him, holding the ball he had been playing with.

"Ah, ne." He accepted the ball politely.

Before he can ask her anything, she ran off to the field to catch up with her teammates. For some reason, his heart beat increased.

"So, you stayed after school for this?"

V turned around and saw the BTS boys coming towards him with a smile.

"Wah, I didn't know V was a ert." J-Hope playfully joked, making them laugh.

V let out a grin and shook his head, "Ani, I didn't come here to look at them."

"Wah, look at them." Suga smiled, putting his arm around V's shoulder, "They're so pretty."

"Is your girl here?" Jimin asked, scanning through the soccer girl's team.

"What?! Your dating?!" The BTS boys yelled out, except for Jimin and Jin since V told them about NamEun already during lunch.

"Ani, it's not that. I just met someone when I was having a hard time." V whispered the last couple of words.

"Look, they're all pulling their shorts up higher." Jungkook pointed out, "Ah, my eyes." He hid behind both his hands, making them laugh.

"Are they just doing that because they see us here and think that we'll go for them?" J-Hope questioned a bit disgusted.

"Maybe, that's a possibility." Rap Monster answered.

"She's the only one not pulling up her shorts." V pointed out, having all of them look for his 'girl' now.

"She's cute." They said, smiling.

V's lips curved up a bit as if he was trying to hold back his smile. They all began to start teasing him. Did he like her? He wasn't sure himself. Did he want to get to know her better? Of course, he did. He didn't know why, but he felt as if she was someone special in his life as if they've met before. But, his mind was still unclear. If staying after school just to see her makes them just a bit closer then so be it. That was going to be the only chance they'll get to see each other since she's involved in a sport now. Maybe that was the reason why she hasn't been going up to the hilltop for the past couple of days. V didn't know why, but he knew that he wanted to see her more often.

"Guys, I've made up my mind." V finally said after awhile, making the boys quiet down now, "I'm trying out for the basket ball team."

_________________________

A/N: Hello! Yes, I know. It's been awhile since I've updated too, but I updated today and that' s all that matters, right? Anyways, I really am sorry for not updating any sooner. >___< Please forgive me. &&& isn't it cute?! V's trying out for a sport to stay after school, so he can see NamEun more often. xD Yeah, I don't have much to say.....thank you for being patient with me. &&& Please leave some comments. Comment's are surely appreciated and loved by me. I hope that's not too much to ask. Once again, thank you so so much for subscribing and updating with me. ^____^

________________________________

SPECIAL THANKS TO: lecrybaby, leohowon, min_rae and janale6 for upvoting this story. It means a whole lot to me. ^^