Our first talk

The Unrelated Family

As usual I was putting full concentration to what the teacher was saying and taking notes. Time just flies and the bell rang somehow the class feels really short. The usual happy shouting noise came from the other students and I slowly close my book putting them in my bag. I bid goodbye to my classmates, as they hurriedly leave the classroom. Putting all my books in my bag, the first thing I did was digging my phone out to let my other siblings know I won’t be going home with them. Leaving them a message in our usual group chat I pop my phone back in my bag pocket. Zipping up my bag I was ready to head to the library. I’ve decided to spend a little time today after school at the library to do some research on my project. Though there is still a month before it’s due but it’s never a bad thing to start early.

 

I walked in the library and saw Ms. Hwang; she’s the school’s librarian. She gave me her bright eye smile and I return a bow to her. Since I often go to the library and sometimes I even volunteer to help placing the books back on the shelves so Ms. Hwang recognised me. Then my eyes suddenly caught attention of a certain guy who is none other than my crush – L.Joe. My heart was beating fast and felt nervous seeing him walking towards me. Just when I took the courage and wanted to say hi to him he didn’t even look at me and walked straight pass me. At that very moment I felt this heavy weight of disappointment on me. It’s been over a year and we never once talked to each other before. I don’t even know if he knew I exist in the music club. Dropping my head down low I quietly walked to the back where the human body books are placed. 

 

I look through the row of books and pulled out a few books out flipping through them. All of a sudden I lost my motivation to do my research. I was flipping through random books like I’m just trying to waste my time. I slip the book back on the shelf and I was going to leave the library since I’m just wasting time. But before I left I heard vibrating sounds. The sound was actually pretty loud since the library is quiet. Walking closer to where the sound came from I found a phone placed on a shelf. The vibration has stopped. I look around and saw nobody so I picked up the phone. Pressing the button the screen light up and showed that it’s password. The background is a picture of a blonde model with red bikini. Just by the background photo I knew this phone belong to a guy. I held onto the phone and was about to take it to Ms. Hwang but some guy blocked my way. I lifted my head up and I thought I’m going to get a heart attack.

 

Standing in front of me was him – L.joe.

 

“Hi, that’s my phone you’re holding.” He said. It was the first time he ever talked to me and I thought I was in heaven. I froze for a moment and just stared at his handsome face.

 

“Excuse me?” He said and this time I got out from my lalaland.

 

“Sorry. I was going to hand it to the librarian.” I answered and handed him the phone without even questioning if that phone is really his.

 

He took the phone back and shoved it in his pocket. He muttered a ‘thanks’ before turning around heading to the exit. I felt disappointed as our first conversation ended so quickly.

 

I also left afterward but on my way back I kept thinking about him. He must like girls who have a great body just like the model on his phone background photo. The chance of having him to return my love has decreased. I came back home to see Sulli and Krystal sitting on the couch watching TV.

 

“Welcome back unnie!” Sulli greeted and I only gave her a weak smile in return.

 

“I thought you’re going to be late?” Krystal asked seeing how I said to them I’m going to stay in the library pretty late.

 

“Um… I didn’t feel well so I came back.” I randomly made an excuse so they wouldn’t question anymore.

 

“Are you okay? You don’t look good.” Sulli said with full concern. I can see the worried look of both of my young sisters and suddenly felt a little bad for lying.

 

“I’m fine. Just going to have a rest now.” I smiled at them and head to my bedroom. Once I shut the door I felt all my muscle loosen, as I can finally show my sadness. Though it’s not a big deal but I couldn’t help and shed a few droplets of tear.

 

 

 

For the entire night I was bothered by what happened and how L.Joe just left after he got his phone back. And I don’t know if I was just imagining but it seem like he was angry a little pissed at me. I went to class ignoring all my classmates who greeted me. I sat on my seat and lifelessly took out my book. For the first time in my life I ignored what the teacher was saying. I couldn’t get myself to concentrate and I can’t believe the kind of effect he has to me.

 

“Luna?” I heard my name being called out and I thought it was my imagination. But then realise it wasn’t when I heard my name being repeat. “LUNA!” I snap out of my thoughts and quickly lift my head up. I saw the teacher glaring at me looking pissed.

 

“Can you answer my question?” He said and I looked clueless because I wasn’t listening.

 

“Sorry sir can you repeat the question again.” I answered and the class made a noise, as it’s unusual for me to be like this. Usually I would have answered the question without having to think about it.

 

The teacher looking disapproved and repeated the question. Good thing was I was able to answer his question partly correct. The rest of the lesson went by with me trying super hard to concentrate and take notes. Good thing was the teacher didn’t ask me to answer another question.

 

“Are you okay? You seem like you’re spacing out today?” The class ended and IU asked in concern.

 

Nobody knows I have a crush on L.Joe so I can’t tell anyone about what happened yesterday in the library. I forced a smile out and gave her a nod showing her that I’m fine.  We parted ways when we left the school gate since IU has promised her mother to buy something at the supermarket. When she was gone my smile quickly disappeared. I turn to the direction of home and began walking off alone. A few steps away from school there I saw a tall slender figure leaning against a pole. He lean against the pole coolly just like how I see the male lead in movies does.

 

The guy there was my crush.

 

Is he waiting for me? I suddenly questioned and excitement builds up. But soon I shook off that thought. It’s too good to be true. I tried to ignore his presence and continue walking. Just when I walked passed him I heard a voice that shaken me.

 

“Hey!” I stop immediately and was afraid to turn around.

 

Slowly I twist my body to face the owner’s voice. How could I ever forget the sound of his voice? Our eyes meet and we were just a metre away from each other. He pushed himself off the pole and steps toward me. I can hear my own heart beat.

 

“Thanks.” He said coolly and then added. “For the other day at the library.”

 

It was hard but I tried my best to contain the joy and smile in me.

 

“Your welcome.” I quietly replied back being all shy in front of my crush.

 

This is the first time we ever talked.

 

“As a thank you let me walk you home.” He said and I couldn’t say no to him.  The offer was too good to refuse.

 

Just like that we walked side by side together along the pathway to my house. I was really nervous and I can feel my hands trembling. Along the way we kept silent though I really want to start a conversation with him and get to know him more but I couldn’t. I never thought the way home was this short until we have reached in front of my door.

 

“It’s here.” I quietly said and we both stopped.

 

I turned to face him; he was looking at the building of my place before he turns and faced me. Our eyes meet that made me immediately looks away.

 

“I’ll see you around at club activities, Luna sshi.” He said and walks off before I could react to it.

 

What did he say? ‘Luna sshi’? Oh My God! He remembers my name?

 

I began jumping up and down on the spot on the street in front of my apartment. I was too excited and happy about my crush knowing my existence.

 

Maybe a drama-like-romance will come true?

 

 

----

A/N: It has been a really long time since I updated. Sorry guys because I was really busy and tired so I couldn't update.

Here's an update on Luna finally able to talk to her crush, L.Joe.