Finding My Talent

The Unrelated Family

Staring out at the sky I was lost in my own little thoughts.

 

I suddenly thought about my own future and what I want to become when I get older though I still have the rest of the year to fool around.

 

I never really thought about my own future because why should I when I’m this young? I’m sure most kids at my age doesn’t know what they want to become.

 

“Ssul. Ssul.” I heard my name being called.

 

“Huh?” I turned to see Krystal with an annoyed face.

 

“Class finished. Let’s go home.” Krystal has already packed her school bag and was ready to go. Seeing how she wasn’t waiting for me and about to leave, I quickly shove all my books in my bag and followed behind.

 

School finished and many students stayed behind for club activities.

 

Krystal and I didn’t join any club activities so we normally just head home afterward or we hang around. Hyung would have joined the music club if she didn’t have to work part-time at the pizza shop. So which leaves only Luna unnie who joined a club activity.

 

Luna unnie is really talented and she have a very beautiful yet strong voice. I envy her that she discovered something she has passion in.

 

“Let’s go eat something, I’m hungry.” Krystal said and head straight to the convenience store that we always go.

 

I nodded and follow behind Krystal.

 

I wondered why Krystal isn’t joining a club because Krystal is very talented in sport. She can run fast, she can swim, she can ice-skate and she’s very flexible.

 

We went inside the usual store and I can immediately see the big grin on that guy’s face. His name is Aron and he has a big crush on Krystal. Every time he sees Krystal he couldn’t take his eyes of her and sometimes he would gives us free ice-cream or drinks. But Poor Aron Krystal doesn’t care about you.

 

Krystal was at the ice-cream area trying decide what ice-cream to eat.

 

“Soojung, how come you don’t join any clubs?” I asked curiously.

 

I think she did told me the reason before but I couldn’t qute remember it. To be honest there were many clubs’ president asking for Krystal to join their club but Krystal rejected them all.

 

“Too much trouble.” She answered coolly.

 

Yes, everything is a trouble to Krystal except Amber.

 

She finally decide on the ice-cream and I quickly grabbed my usual favourite one. We put the two ice-creams on the counter to pay and I can see Aron cannot wait to serve us. That was his only chance to talk to Krystal.

 

“That’s 300 won.” The boy smiled widely but only got a cold face from Krystal.

 

We gave him the exact change and left the store. I can see him looking a little disappointed when we left.  

 

“Soojung, I think I’m going to join a club at school.” I told her while we eat the ice-cream just outside the store.

 

These past weeks I just got really bored and I also want to explore what I’m good at.

 

“Why?” She asked me while her ice-cream.

 

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Just want to see if I’m good at something.” I told her while trying to act like I don’t care.

 

Krystal paused a while and then nodded her head. She didn’t say anything so I don’t know if she’s mad at me because this would leave her to be lonely after school.



 

I was beginning to find out the club activities we have at school. I wrote down a list of club activities and I began crossing the ones I have no interest in.

 

“Definitely can’t be a sport club.” I mumbled and crossed them out.

 

“Dance?” I muttered. “Nah, I can’t even co-ordinate properly.” I crossed the dance club out.

 

“Journal?” I muttered again but cross it out too. “I can’t even get my grammar correctly.”

 

“Cooking?” This time I took a deep thought. I actually is kind of interested knowing that my famous umma is a chef.

 

Umma has always been my role model. When I grow up I want to be like umma. Umma is beautiful and I want to be beautiful just like umma.

 

“Ssul what are you doing this late?” Umma just came back from work. She looks very tired yet still beautiful.

 

“Umma, I’m deciding what club activity I want to join.” I smiled widely. I always feel happy to see my umma.

 

“That’s good. Have you decided what club to join yet?” Umma said and sat down next to me on the couch. Naturally I snuggled into umma’s embrace and she naturally wraps her arms around me.

 

“I’m thinking of joining the cooking club. I want to be like umma.” I proudly said with a wide smile pasted on my face. I can feel umma is really happy to hear that.

 

“That’s great! I can’t wait to eat something cooked by my kid.” Umma rocked me left and right showing her excitement.

 

Hearing what umma said I was determined to join the cooking club.



 

“Soojung, I can’t go home with you I’m going to club activity.” I told her once class has finished.

 

“What club activity?” She looked somewhat surprised.

 

“I’m going to join the cooking club and I’m going to be like umma. Chef Ssul is coming! HAHAHAHA!” I joked.

 

“Ssul you can’t even boil water.” Krystal rolled her eyes giving me a are-you-serious look.

 

“HAHAHAHAHA!” I heard my friends laughing.

 

“Shut up Soojung.” I place the books in my bag and zip the zipper before leaving the classroom.

 

I’m going to show them that I can become Chef Ssul.



 

I came back from club activity and once I got home I saw Krystal sitting at the couch playing with her phone. She was so immersed on her phone that she didn’t even realise I came back. Tip-toeing I peeked from behind to see what she is doing on her phone that she didn’t even realise I was back.

 

I shake my head seeing that she was only texting Hyung.

 

What is there to text? You see her everyday and we live together?  

 

“Soo-Jung!” I shouted from behind and beside her ear making her yelp from surprise. She quickly turn around and gave me a smack on the arm.

 

“I could be deaf.” She said staring at me.

 

I stuck my tongue out at her playfully and head towards our room. I heard Soojung following behind.

 

“How was club activity?” She said laying on her bed and continued to play with her phone.

 

I rolled my eyes left to right not knowing how I should answer her question though it’s a simple one.

 

“Ummm…” I started and sat down on my bed. I was thinking of what I should say.

 

“Everything good.” I told her with a smile.

 

“You’re lying.” Without even having to think Krystal busted me out. I freaked the moment she said that and stared at me with a serious look. I began fidgeting and grabbed the pillow hugging it.

 

“No I’m not.” I quickly answered feeling nervous.

 

“You probably burnt the club room and they kicked you out.” Krystal said and I sweated.

 

Spot on!

 

Yes, she was spot on with that. Well not exact, I didn’t burnt the club room, just almost and I didn’t get kick out of the club I was just told I’m not suitable for this club.

 

I stayed silent and didn’t answer Krystal.

 

“Whatever.” She said and turn to face the wall and continued playing with her phone.

 

After being busted I feel a little hopeless.

 

I sighed and laid on my bed thinking if I should really join a club.



 

All night I was bothered by my own thoughts that I wasn’t able to sleep peacefully.

 

I was walking around the school wanting to have some time alone. Randomly I walked into the theatre hall. Then a certain student caught my attention. He was on the stage dancing and singing joyfully. He has quite a nice voice and his dancing is pretty good too. It looked like a musical and for some reason I found it entertaining to watch.

 

I clapped my hands when he finished his act.

 

“Oh I didn’t know I had an audience.” He said looking straight at my direction. He hop off the stage and walking towards me.

 

“You were amazing.” I told him sincerely.

 

“Thank you.” He said feeling shy about it.

 

“My name is Key.” He introduced himself - it was a strange name though.

 

“That’s my stage name.” He answered my curiosity of why his name is Key. “I’m going to be famous one day and everyone would know my name.” He said proudly.

 

“I’m Sulli.” I introduced myself.

 

I found him amusing that I couldn’t but to smile.

 

“Were you practicing a musical?” I asked him.

 

“That’s right. I’m in the drama club and we’re going to perform a musical soon.” He said enthusiastically.  

 

“Sound interesting. So when is the performance, I would love to watch it.” I somehow became excited about it.

 

“Soon.” He answered sternly.

 

“O...kay…” I smile awkwardly.

 

This guy is kind of weird.

 

“Are you in any club? Want to join the drama club? I can see that you have potential for acting.” Key suddenly asked me.

 

“Me?” I pointed to myself and laughed.

 

“I like watching dramas but I can’t act.” I continued to laugh at the silly thoughts of me acting on stage.

 

“Trust me. I really think you have potential. I can see it in your eyes.” He said sternly and leaned forward staring at my eyes. His stares penetrates through me and makes me trust his words.

 

“I do?” I hesitated.

 

He gave me a nod.

 

It was the first time someone actually said I have potential in something and it made me happy. Though I only like watching people act but this could be interesting. Without thinking much I smiled and nodded my head.

 

“Ok, I’m going to join the drama club.” He gave me a wide smile and thumb up.

 

------

 

A/N: I realise I never really talked about Sulli so here is a chapter for the giant baby.