Family day

The Unrelated Family

“Krys, Ssul what are you guys doing this weekend?” Jiyoung asked the sisters as they are walking out from the classroom. They have just finished the last lesson and it was boring history that most students have fallen asleep.

 

“We usually have a family day on Sunday. Umma will take us out and eat something delicious.” Sulli replied and her face suddenly turned excited for the Sunday to arrive.

 

“I’m jealous you have a pretty umma. My mother is also a fan of her.” Jiyoung said showing jealousy eyes.

 

Sulli laughed at Jiyoung’s reply while Krystal just smiled – they both didn’t know what to reply to their friend.

 

 

 

“Kids let’s have picnic today.” Victoria announced in the morning when all the kids are gathered at the dining table eating their umma delicious homemade breakfast.

 

“Yay! Picnic!” Sulli raised her arms up in excitement.

 

“What are we going to do there?” Amber asked.

 

“Having a picnic stoopid” Krystal replied rolling her eyes.

 

“Krystal.” Victoria eyed the maknae’s behaviour although she knows Amber doesn’t take it to heart – she knows Amber adores the maknae a lot. Krystal quickly got back to eating her breakfast and Victoria just let this slide.

 

The kids ate their breakfast with small bickering. When they was done Amber was washing the dishes because her sisters forced her to saying she doesn’t need much time to prepare. Being the prepared umma, Victoria has already prepared all the food for today’s picnic so she only had to finish off cutting the salads and mixing them up.

 

They took their time, Sulli was busy finding a cute dress to go along with her hairband, Luna was busy packing her little backpack making sure she won’t miss a thing and the maknae was just lying on the bed playing with her phone.

 

“Sunscreen, hat, mosquito spray, my favourite novel, mp3 player…” Luna said as she puts those items in her backpack.

 

“Hmmm… Should I wear this Soojung?” Sulli couldn’t make up her mind after standing in front of her shared wardrobe and finally decided to ask the girl who’s been lying down and doing nothing.

 

“You should wear the new dress umma brought you the other day.” Soojung casually said without taking her eyes off her phone.

 

“Oh! Almost forgot about that.” Sulli’s face light up and she quickly search her new dress. “Umma! Where’s my new dress!?” Sulli shouted not even bother to search for it.

 

“Soojung shouldn’t you be getting ready?” Amber walked passed and saw the girl lying down – the only one who isn’t doing anything.

 

“I’m ready. I can just go dress like this.” Krystal said pointing at herself. She was wearing a pair of short jeans and a plain white shirt but even though so simple she looks amazing.

 

“Then how about you chose what I wear for today?” Amber suggested earning a smile on the maknae’s face.

 

“Okay, you really can’t live without me.” Krystal smirked and pushed herself up from the bed. Amber just chuckled as she left to her bedroom with the young girl following behind.

 

While everyone is ready Amber and Krystal was still in the bedroom. It seem Krystal took a long time choosing clothes for her unnie while she’s so easily on herself.

 

“HURRY UP!” Luna shouted from the living room after waiting for so long. Everyone was sitting down waiting for the two.

 

Inside the bedroom Krystal was still standing in front of Amber’s opened wardrobe.

 

“Amber I really need to take you shopping. You hardly have anything to wear.” Krystal commented.

 

“Let’s just wear this.” Amber jolt up from the bed and grabbed the clothes Krystal matched earlier but was still deciding if she can match something else.

 

“But…” Krystal protest but there was no time to waste when everyone is just waiting for the two.

 

“I look good in anything.” Amber joked earning a chuckle from the young girl. “Now please go out while I change into the clothes you picked for me.” Amber placed both of her hands on the girl’s shoulders and guides her out her bedroom. 

 

Amber changed quickly and grabbed her backpack and skateboard before meeting with everyone.

 

“Finally!” Luna said once she saw her unnie out.

 

“Is this a couple fashion or something?” Luna teased the two seeing how Amber is also wearing a pair of short jeans that the length is just above her knees and a white printed tee.

 

Krystal blushed at Luna’s comment because she didn’t realise what she picked is similar what she was wearing.

 

“Yah let’s go.” Amber puts on her black LA cap backward and urged everyone to leave.

 

Victoria and the kids all head to the car park and jumped in the car. Amber taking the front passenger seat next to the umma while the other three squashed at the back.

 

“Why do I have to be in the middle?” Luna pouted not liking that the two young ones are squashing her.

 

“Because you’re the shortest one here.” Krystal commented earning a fake angry look from her unnie. Victoria just laughed without saying anything that she silently agrees on.

 

Attention Boys! Nan jum dareul gol” Everyone sang together as they enjoy the car ride to the park. The three at the back even danced together earning laughter from Victoria. Amber wanted to join in the fun too but it was awkward since she’s at the front.

 

The travel time shorten as the kids continue to sing and dance along with the music being played on the radio. Eventually they have arrived to the park and already families filled the place. Little kids playing on the playground and adults sitting on the grassy floor enjoying the good weather. Not far away there are groups having a BBQ.

 

“Alright kids let’s find a spot first.” Victoria said and led the way.

 

They were lucky to find a spot under a big tree where there are plenty of shades. Amber and Luna help spreading the blanket up on the floor while Krystal and Sulli was running towards the playground and Victoria taking the food out.

 

“They are like five years old kids.” Luna said shaking her head seeing how her two young sisters playing on the swings. From afar they look like giants seeing how everyone there are little kids.

 

“Umma I’m going to skate for a little first.” Amber stood up and grabbed her skateboard. She was excited to see a skating rink not so far away. After seeing a nod from her umma Amber quickly ran to the skating rink.

 

“Umma I want some tea.” Luna said and Victoria poured out hot tea from the thermos.

 

Luna made herself comfortable with her tea and romance novel while Victoria puts on her sunnies and lied down taking a rest.

 

The day was beautiful with a beautiful weather.

 

Amber was sweating out from her intense skateboarding that she decide to have a break. She looks to the direction of their spot to see Luna reading and her umma lying down. She then looks over at the playground seeing Sulli being chased by toddlers.

 

“Come to noona.” Sulli squad down and opened her arms wide. The little boy quickly ran to Sulli that he fall right in Sulli’s arms. Sulli carried the boy up and began spinning around. The little boy laughed and enjoyed being held by a pretty stranger. Krystal was still swinging on the swings alone, as she watches Sulli play with the little boy.

 

“Why aren’t you joining them?” Amber finally reached to the playground with sweats covering her face.

 

Krystal was surprised by her unnie that she immediately pulls a stop to her swing.

 

“You know I’m afraid of kids.” She said.

 

“They are harmless. Come on.” Amber knew Krystal doesn’t like kids. She would find them cute but she never approached them. Amber held onto Krystal’s hand and dragged the young girl towards Sulli and the little boy.

 

“Hey boy what’s your name? Want to play with this pretty noona?” Amber squad one to the little boy’s level and pointed at Krystal.

 

“San-E.” The little boy said cutely and nodded his head.

 

And together the three of them plus San-E played together passing a ball to each other.

 

They finally stop playing when the parents of San-E called the boy to eat.

 

“I wish we had an appa.” Sulli said with envy eyes as she watches the mother and father held hands with San-E.

 

“How about we find umma a boyfriend?” Krystal suggested. It was again one of her witty idea.

 

“Good idea!” Sulli clasped her hands together and once again Choi Sulli praised Krystal’s witty idea.

 

Amber just rolled her eyes and laughed. 

 

A/N: Thanks for the comment. I know this fic is not going anywhere with plot but I hope you still enjoy it.

I'll try to update this faster.