Feeling Safe With You

The Unrelated Family

It was another normal school day for the kids. They did their usual routine - woke up, breakfast and head to school. But today was a little different than before once they left home. The four of them stood at the bus stop and waited for the bus. During the wait they felt eyes were on them and uncomfortable except Sulli who was leaning against Luna, as she drift off to dreamland again. It was amazing how Sulli can manage to fall asleep even with the height difference and how uncomfortable she looked.

 

“Krys do you feel people are staring at us?” Amber whispered to the girl standing beside her.

 

“Yeah. It’s weird.” Krystal softly replied and kept her head low. Whenever she does this it’s a sign that she is feeling uncomfortable in the environment she is in.

 

When the bus arrived for the first time Amber felt so happy about it.

 

“Sulli wake up.” Luna gently pushes Sulli away from her body. The tall girl opens her eyes and wiped her invisible drools. Not knowing what’s happening and blocking the line from moving Luna had no choice but to drag the tall girl in the bus.

 

The little action of Krystal didn’t go un-notice to Amber and being a protective sister she is she naturally wraps her arm around Krystal’s shoulder as they move forward into the bus.

 

Once they got on the bus for some reason it was extra packed. There was no available seats and it got really crowded when everyone squashed to fit inside. Getting pushed inside all of a sudden, Krystal almost lost her balance if it wasn’t Amber who offered a hand to hold her.

 

“Are you alright?” Amber asked with concern.

 

Krystal just nodded her head. She was in the middle of the bus, squashed and her arms cannot reach to grip on anything. Seeing how Krystal will lost her balance again in any seconds when the bus starts moving Amber softly chuckled at how adorable her little sister’s face look.

 

“Just hold on to me.” Amber grabbed Krystal’s hand and put it on her shoulder.

 

On the other hand Sulli fell back to sleep once she got on the bus and once again she hugged Luna from behind as if she’s a pillow while resting her head on Luna’s shoulder. Luna just rolled her eyes, though Sulli’s head is heavy but she let her little sister lean on her.

 

The bus finally arrived to their stop and they can’t wait to get out of this crowded bus.

 

“We’re here.” Luna spoke and dragged the sleeping Sulli out of the bus. It almost looked as if Luna was piggy backing Sulli except that Sulli’s feets are dragged against the floor.

 

Once they arrived in front of their school Amber felt more uncomfortable. She felt the four of them suddenly caught everyone’s attention.

 

“I wondered what happened.” Amber muttered blankly.

 

“Have you forgotten that we were on TV last night?” Krystal said with her head low trying to avoid the looks of other people. Krystal kept brushing her hair with her fingers, a sign showing that she feels insecure.

 

It was amazing how Amber has forgotten the fact that they were on television last night, something that one’s would never forget.

 

“Ok.: She said like it was no big deal.

 

Though it felt weird but the girls ignored the uncomfortably starring as much as they can.

 

Usually they would separate once they enter the school building but seeing how Sulli is half asleep and how terrified Krystal looked, Amber decide to walk the young girl to her classroom. The little actions that Krystal does was a lot more obvlious than before. Amber can see Krystal’s hand being so fidgeting like she doesn’t know what to do with her hand. In one swift Amber quickly grab hold of Krystal’s hand and held it tightly. The strong grip of Amber’s hand gave Krystal a secure feeling and power.

 

“It’s okay. I’m here with you.” Amber softly whispered and gave the young girl an assuring smile.

 

Krystal couldn’t help but to blush a little. With Amber’s words and their hands attached together Krystal felt stronger.

 

It didn’t take long until they reached Krystal and Sulli’s classroom.

 

The three of them stood outside the classroom door - Sulli leaning against the door frame and once again drift to dreamland while Krystal doesn’t want to let go of Amber’s warn hand.

 

“You want to each lunch together?” Amber asked. It wasn’t usually that the sisters have lunch together since they got their own group of friends but Amber was worried about Krystal.

 

Without answering Krystal just nodded.

 

Seeing that Amber smiled to the young girl and patted Krystal’s head like a kid.

 

“See you there.” Amber smiled again then turns to face the sleeping Sulli.

 

“Ssul!” Amber playfully shouted beside Sulli’s ear making the tall girl fully awake immediately.

 

“Hyung~~~” Sulli whined while rubbing her eyes.

 

“Go to class and look after Krystal.” Amber didn’t forget to mention.

 

Though Sulli has been falling asleep throughout the way to school but she did notice the signs of Krystal feeling uncomfortable.

 

Sulli nodded her head before entering the classroom with Krystal.

 

Krystal made it through the lesson with feeling of being watched. She sometimes can spot students walking pass outside the classroom and they would peek inside. Though Krystal isn’t sure if she was just thinking too much or maybe the students were just peeking at Sulli or someone else.

 

Lunch finally came and Krystal was never this happy before about lunch. She grabbed her lunchbox and head out the classroom.

 

“Where are you going?” Sulli manage to ask before Krystal disappears.

 

“I’m going to sit outside and eat.” Krystal answered without giving a clear answer but it wasn’t hard for Sull to guess.

 

Sulli knows exactly where the girl is heading and who she is going to be with. Sulli may not look like it but she’s very wise.

 

Krystal headed out towards the soccer field, the area that is far away from the school building. She walks further down away from the soccer field where the big tree was and before she got there she saw another person already there - it was Amber.

 

The two of them sat under the big tree and lean against the thick tree trunk, Krystal finally felt at ease. She was with the person that she felt safe with and in an area where no one is seen. Finally she doesn’t feel being watched and can finally relax.

 

The two began eating lunch silently without exchanging a single word.

 

 

 

----

 

A/N: Sorry, really haven't been writing recently. I just feel really lazy to write and everyday after work I just want to lie down and do nothing. Hopefully you all enjoyed this sweet update.