We got Appa

The Unrelated Family

During lunch period the tall girl wasn’t sitting with her friends at their usual hang out place but instead she was alone near the teacher office hiding her behind a thick pole. She stuck her head a little out peeking at the passing teachers. Though Sulli tried to be careful not to be seen but it was obviously a fail when every passing students saw her hiding behind the thick pole.

 

“Ssul what are you doing?” Krystal stood beside the taller girl and folded her arms. She tried to look at the direction Sulli was spying and it leads her to the teachers’ office.

 

“Shhhh…” Sulli placed her index finger on her lips hushing Krystal to be quiet. “I’m spying the teachers.” Sulli softly whispered trying to act as if nobody discovered her.

 

“And why are you spying the teachers?” Krystal said aloud trying to catch everyone’s attention. Hearing the loud voice of her sister Sulli immediately straighten herself up and grabbed Krystal pulling the girl away.

 

“You’re too loud.” Sulli said and looked her surrounding before facing back to Krystal.

 

“Why are you spying the teachers?” Krystal asked once again but this time quietly.

 

“I’m trying to find an appa for umma.” Sulli answered.

 

“WHAT!?” Krystal was surprised at the sudden weird action of her sister.

 

“Don’t you think it’s going to be a lot of fun with an appa? Someone to spoil us?” Sulli said with a face full of happiness.

 

“No, I already got Amber to spoil me.” Krystal folded her arms and lean herself against the wall. Though the feeling of being spoiled was amazing but she never thought of having someone new to join their family. Just thinking it was weird for Krystal.

 

“Don’t you think Mr. Lau would be a good appa? He’s cute and talented.” Sulli said as she eyed the teachers’ office, as she saw Henry walking inside carrying a stack of music sheets.

 

“What? He’s too young.” Krystal widens her eyes. The thought of Henry being her appa gave her shivers and she knew well that he’s not umma’s type.

 

“How about Mr. Zhou? He’s tall and smart.” Sulli said seeing how the math teacher Zhou Mi walked passed.

 

“Eww Ssul! He looks creepy.” Krystal sneered pulling a disgusted look.

 

“But they are the only two young male teachers we have in school.” Sulli pouted and feeling a little discouraged after listening to the comments of her sister.

 

“How about you just let umma decide for herself?” Krystal said giving the taller girl a pat on the shoulder before walking away.

 

Though Sulli agreed what Krystal said was right, she should let her umma decide for herself but she couldn’t shake off the worried feeling inside of her. Sitting on the couch after dinner Sulli silently stared into space that has caught the attention of her umma. Usually Sulli would be glued onto the television watching her favorite actor Woo Bin.

 

“What’s wrong Ssul?” Victoria asked worriedly as she sat herself next to the baby girl caressing her cheek.

 

“I’m worried.” She cutely replied with a saddening look.

 

“About?” Victoria panicked.

 

“About you, about us, about our family not having an appa.” Sullied cried. Victoria doesn’t know whether she should laugh or feel sad seeing her young daughter cry like this because of her. She wipes the tears off Sulli’s cheeks before she gave the girl a tight hug.

 

“Silly girl. Don’t cry over something like that.” Victoria hushed the girl like a baby. “Our family right now is perfect.” She said and gave Sulli a kiss on her forehead.

 

“How is it perfect? Our family is not complete?” Sulli cried louder that made Victoria shocked. She panicked and quickly embraces the girl. She never thought such thing would ever bother the girl and she felt uneasy about it.

 

 

 

Sulli woke up on her own bed and felt her eyes are very sore. She then remembered she was crying last night hugging onto her umma about how the family doesn’t have an appa. Remembering her act from last night Sulli felt she was silly. How can she cry over such thing? As what Victoria said their family is perfect and that’s how it always been. She got up finding herself alone in the room and immediately she knew Krystal probably slept at Amber’s room. She went to the bathroom to get herself ready for school. She made a mental notice that she would apologies to her umma about last night.

 

By the time she got ready in her uniform and tied up her long wavy hair she found no sight of her umma who is usually in the kitchen preparing breakfast instead it was Amber and Luna who is making breakfast.

 

“Where’s umma?” Sulli asked feeling surprised.

 

“Umma said she got work this morning so can’t make breakfast.” Amber answered and placing the plates of breakfast made by Luna. Sulli found it weird because Victoria never accept jobs that are early in the morning since she said making breakfast for her kids is very important.

 

“That’s weird.” Sulli mumbled.

 

“I guess it must be something very important.” Luna answered taking off the apron.

 

The kids had breakfast together, though it isn’t as tasty as what Victoria cooks but it was good enough to fill their empty stomachs.

 

Though it may not be unusual that Victoria isn’t there in the morning but it was bothering Sulli the entire day.

 

Finally home and finally able to see her umma, Sulli quickly ran to Victoria when hearing the door opened. She quickly hugged her umma and welcomes her with a bear hug. Somehow she missed her umma a lot.

 

“What’s wrong Ssul?” Victoria giggled and wraps her arms around the girl.

 

“Nothing I just missed you.” Sulli replied softly and tighten her arms.

 

The action and words made Victoria warm that she also tightened her arms around the girl. She Sulli’s soft hair before shouting out. “Kids I have news to announce.” She shouted and pulled the girl apart leading her onto the couch. Hearing the shout soon one by one the kids came out from their room.

 

“What is it umma?” Amber asked and sat on the couch which followed by Krystal and Luna.

 

“I’m going to be a little busy from now on.” Victoria said catching the attention of her daughters. Everyone was giving her a confused look.

 

“I agreed to be on We Got Married.” Victoria finally announced the news.

 

All four of them widen their eyes in shock. They all know We Got Married is a very popular variety show and many of the artists who go on became more popular.

 

“Really?” Sulli, Krystal and Luna all excitedly shout at the same time and Victoria just gave them a nod. The young three kids were all happy about it while Amber just sat there with an expressionless face.

 

 

 

It was late at night and everyone was asleep except for one certain girl. Amber twisted and her bed but in the end she couldn’t fall asleep. She pushed herself up to have a drink. Walking out to the kitchen she saw a dim light shinning, as she walk closer it was her umma.

 

“Umma.” Amber called and caught the attention of Victoria.

 

“It’s late why aren’t you sleeping?” Victoria asked.

 

“Are you really going on that show?” Amber asked hoping she get a different answer. But unfortunately it was the same, as Victoria gave her oldest daughter a nod.

 

“But what if he…” Before Amber can finish her sentence Victoria cuts her off.

 

“I know.” Victoria quickly answered as if she knows what Amber was going to say. “I know what I’m doing you don’t need to worried about it.” Victoria smiled softly and patted Amber’s shoulder. “Now go to sleep.” She said and Amber nodded.

 

 

 

It didn’t take long until the preview of the new We Got Married episode was released introducing a new couple. Sulli was sitting in front of the television and this time she wasn’t watching her Woo Bin but instead waiting to see the preview of her umma and new appa.

 

The current episode finished airing and now it was showing the preview for next week’s episode.

 

“Here it is!” Sulli shouted loudly gathering attention of her sisters. Luna and Krystal came running out and jumped onto the couch. Though the girls have already seen the preview video on Youtube but that excitement of seeing it air on television is different.

 

“OH MY GOD! 2PM NICHKHUN!” Luna squealed covering her wide opened mouth. The preview had Victoria’s face censored but has revealed the idol’s face to garner attention. Though it was only a 36 seconds preview but the girls became excited about it.

 

“Too bad hyung is working otherwise she can join us watching this preview.” Sulli pouted. 

 

--------------

A/N: Connecting this back to WGM, don't be too happy to think Khun is the appa because there is still a long way to go for this :D 

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter.