Amber - The unforgettable past

The Unrelated Family

“Hey don’t run you thief!”

 

I kept running and running without looking back. My heart was pumping hard and I can feel my body all weak but I can’t stop - I can’t let him catch me. The guy kept shouting and chasing me but he gave up and went puffing hard on the spot. I felt relief but I didn’t stop. I kept running until I know I am far ahead of that guy.

 

I stop by the corner of an alley and squad down puffing hard trying to catch my breath. I look at the bread I stole from the bakery. The reason why I was running was because of the bread I stole. I quickly shoved the bread in my mouth trying to get some food in my stomach after 2 days of starving.

 

I was eating the plain white bread and unknowingly tears came running out. My heart ached as I ate the bread.

 

I was cold, hungry and tired but I had nothing. I got no home to go to, no money and no place to stay at.

 

In less than a minute I had finished the bread I stole from the bakery. Now I need to think about dinner and a place to stay.

 

I was wandering around the street and as soon as I walk passed the people around me quickly walk away. I know why they did that - I was dirty and smelly. I stop by another alley way, it’s the alley way of a restaurant since I know the restaurant will throw away the leftover food and that will be my dinner. I got there and I wasn’t the only one there. There were plenty of others like me waiting. I found a spot alone and sat down on the floor waiting.

 

I look at the others and they all eyed the back door of the restaurant with hungry eyes. The guys there were all bigger and stronger than me but I can’t back away.

 

After 4 hours of waiting the door finally opened. The moment the door opens everyone moved and was in position ready to snatch for the food. I was ready too though I was scared.

 

Here it goes.

 

Everyone went running towards the bin full of food within seconds they all fighting against each other for the food. Since I’m small I tried to squeeze through the gap but as soon as I tried to reach through I got thrown away. I landed on the ground in pain and as soon as I came back I got elbowed right in the stomach and landed on the floor again.

 

I was too weak to fight against these guys who are twice the size of me. Then I saw them leaving meaning the food are all gone. I sighed and once again I lost the battle to fight for my dinner. My stomach growled and I was too weak to even move. I just lay there on the ground staring at the beautiful sky.

 

Maybe I should just die instead of trying hard to survive.

 

Maybe this way life would be easier.

 

After so long I finally laughed. At this moment I felt nothing matters anymore.

 

At this moment I thought I saw an angel that appeared in front of my eyes. A girl with long black hair showed up and I think she was talking to me.

 

I don’t know what happened but I think I fainted.

 

 

 

“Here have some hot chocolate.” I heard a very gentle voice and then I smelt chocolate. My eyes quickly opens and pushed my weak body up. Without thinking I quickly grabbed the cup of hot chocolate and drank it.

 

“Ouch!” The hot chocolate burnt my tongue.

 

“Slow down. You must be really hungry.” She said and place a plate of food in front of me. I acted like a hungry dog not caring about anything but shoving the food in my move. She was a little surprised at my action but she sat quietly watching me eat.

 

“Who are you? Why am I here?” I finally talk when I finished the food finally feeling better.

 

“I’m Victoria. I saw you lying on the ground when I left my work place. How old are you, kid?” She asked.

 

“Thanks for the meal unnie.” I bowed and want to leave. I don’t know who she is but I don’t want to fall into another trap.

 

“Wait. If you’re hungry come to the alleyway again at 4pm.” I heard her said before I left.

 

 

 

I don’t know if I should trust her words but I was hungry. I had no choice and without knowing I was at the alleyway again.

 

Is it 4pm already? I have no idea but for some reason I just stood there want waited.

 

The door opened and it was that unnie from yesterday.

 

“You came!” She smiled and her expression really look happy. “Just stand here and wait for me.” She quickly said and ran back inside. In less than a minute a box of food was given to me.

 

“I made these for you from the left over food.” She said and I couldn’t believe it because it looks really delicious.

 

I sat down by the corner and ate silently until the box was emptied.

 

“Thank you unnie for the food.”

 

“What’s your name?”

 

“Amber.”

 

 

 

I heard a knock on the door that pulled my mind back to reality.

 

“Amber. Dinner is ready.” Krystal opened the door and pop her head inside.

 

“Thanks Krys. I’ll be out in a minute.” I told her before she walk away. I close the book that I wasn’t even reading and put it aside.

 

It was strange that I would randomly think of the past again. The memories when I was only 7 year old and ran away from my adopted parents.

 

The luckiest thing that happened to me was meeting Victoria umma. 

 

 

-------

A/N: Life is boring without f(x) and reason why I didn't feel like writing. But I better update before everyone forget about this fic.