First Fight

Marrying Kai from EXO...??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A year later, Kai became busier with work until you barely see him at the apartment. He came back at 2 in the morning just to sleep for 2 hours before leaving again. You sighed as you woke up that morning with no one beside you before going to freshen up.

“Looks like Daddy won’t be here for your first ever birthday party, huh?” You said to the girls as you fed them, some baby’s food. They just smiled and clapped, without knowing what you were saying. “And Mummy will be alone at the party.”

“Daddy?” Mi Young called and tilted her head as she stared at you from her baby’s chair. “Daddy.” Mi Sun copied and clapped.

“You just said your first word…” You were surprised as you clapped your hands and caressed their cheek as you smiled. “I wish Daddy was here to hear that too.” They giggled, showing their two little front teeth. “Come, let’s get you ready to see Grandma and Grandpa.”

You sent the girls to their grandparents’ house before going to work. When you arrived at the café, Aron and the employees were busy decorating the café, since Aron decided to throw a birthday party for his favorite nieces.

“Nana, what do you think?” He came to you when you entered. “Is it ok?” You just smiled and nodded. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong.” You answered and shook your head. Feeling curious, Aron just stared at you with one eyebrow raised. “Really. There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine.”

“Is this about Jongin again?” Aron asked and you hung your head down. “What happened?”

“Nothing happened. It just that I think Jongin can’t come for the twins’ birthday today.” You replied and sighed. “I mean he came home at the middle of the night and leave after 2 hours of sleep. He barely spend time with the girls like he usually do and we hardly see each other.”

“Don’t worry, Nana.” He patted your shoulder and you sighed again. “Maybe he will show up for the party, like what he did during the family’s day picnic. Just have faith in him.” You nodded and slowly walked to your office.

 

That afternoon, you received a call from Omma, suggesting buying the girls each a hanbok before the party starts. You agreed and packed up your stuffs before going back to your parents’ house to fetch the girls and their grandma.

“Hi there~” You greeted the girls as you walked up to them as they were playing with their toys in their crib. The girls giggled and clawed to you. You picked up Mi Sun and kissed her cheek. “We are going to buy some new dresses for the two birthday girls.” Mi Sun clapped while Mi Young pouted as she was pulling on your jeans. “Aigoo~ Come here.” You gentle put Mi Sun down and lifted her up before butterflies kisses Mi Young’s face.  

After changing the girls, you and your mother took the girls out to shop. It took almost 3 hours to choose from variety of Hanbok for the girls and you finally decided to choose these.

(Mi Young)                                           

                         

 (Mi Sun)

“Come, let’s go back home to get ready for the party.” Omma said and you nodded. “Is Jongin going to join us tonight?” You sighed and just shrugged your shoulder. “What? You don’t know?”

“Jongin is busier than ever. I mean he barely come home.” You complained and sighed again. “And he didn’t even come home for his birthday. I even stay up all night waiting for him to come home, the candles on the cake did even melted on the cake by the time he got home at 3 in the morning.” Then, you made a stop at the road-side before leaning your head on the steering wheel.

“Maybe he has something to do on that day. You can’t arrange his schedule for him, you know?” Omma said as she gently patted your back. “Don’t worry; maybe he will be there for the girls’ birthday.” You slowly leaned away from the steering wheel and turned to look at your two little angels, who were sleeping in their baby’s chair.

“I hope so.” You replied and smiled at her. “But if he’s not there for the girls tonight, I’m taking the girls back to the house and stay there forever.” You finally went to back the road, taking the girls home. 

That night, you tried to call Kai to tell him about the party, but after a thousand times and he still didn’t answer. You finally gave up and went to the party without him. At first, you thought he was with the other members, but when you arrived at the café, the other members were already there and Kai wasn’t with them.

*I guess he’s not coming.* You said in your mind and faked a smile when the guest greeted you. You went to find your mother and pulled her to the corner to talk. “Omma, I accidently left my tablet back at the apartment and I’m going to get them. Can you and Appa keep an eye on the girls for awhile and if I’m not back in 10 minutes, just start the party, ok?”

“Ok, honey. Hurry back.” You hugged Omma before going out to your car.

So, you got back to your apartment and went to take a luggage from your closet to pack some of your clothes and the girls. As you were packing, the front door opened and someone came to the room just to see you were packing. That someone is no other than your husband, Kai.

“What are you doing?” He asked, but you just ignore him and continued packing. “Nana, where are you going? Where are the girls?” He started to shoot you with questions.

“You really don’t know what day is today, don’t you?” You asked back without facing him.

“It’s Thursday, isn’t it?” He answered and you let out a heavily sigh before continue packing. “Why are you packing? Nana, stop it! Look at me!” He went to stop you and turned you to face him. You tried to held back your tears and face-palmed yourself. “What’s wrong?”

“I just can’t believe that you don’t even know what day is today.” You said to him and a tear streamed down your cheeks. “How could you not remember your own daughters’ birthday?” Kai was speechless and you just went back to zip up your luggage before carrying it out of the door.

“Nana, don’t leave. Please don’t.” Kai tried to stop you by grabbing on your wrist. “I’m sorry for not remembering, I got caught up with work.”

“Then, what were you doing hours ago? I tried to call you for a thousand times, but you didn’t answer.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter