Episode 2: Starstruck

My Oppa Next Door---(HIATUS)---

The doors opened into the large condo room.

"Mr. Lee?" a male asked as he came in with a large brief case.

There was another male sitting at the edge of the room. Turning his office desk chair the man smiled.

"President Yoon?" he smirked. "Is there something that you wanted to see me for?"

The man with the brief case cleared his throat and walked into the room. He sat on the chair in front of the desk.

"Mr. Lee-" he began.

"Please...call me Donghae" he said. The man ignored his comment and continued.

"Mr. Lee I'd like to offer you a deal" the man said.

"Oh? What is it a gig? A sponsership?" he asked.

"I think my offer will be something you cannot resist" the man said clicking the brief case open.

Donghae stared at the object inside the brief case.

"What is this joke?" he said almost laughing in pity. The man raised an eyebrow.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing- it's just..." he said looking at the ring.

"My company would like to offer you a gig for a world tour, a sponsorship with ten different companies, and a brand cologne and fasion brand..." the man began.

"Yes? And?" Donghae questioned leaning into the great offer.

"...only if, you agree to marry my daughter" the man said simply. Donghae paused then leaned back against his seat.

"Well...do we have our selfs a deal?" the man said smiling.

"...you're paying me to marry your daughter?" he asked.

"You make me sound horrible when you say that" Mr. Yoon said.

"...hm. Mr. Yoon I am busy at the moment. My men will see you out" he commanded as a guard by the door grabbed his shoulder. President Yoon looked over at the guard then turned to Donghae again.

"Very well...I see that you are busy. And I see that you must have time to make this decision" he said.

"I'm glad you understand" Donghae smirked.

"Goodbye Mr. Lee" the man said turning and leaving.

When he closed the door Donghae sighed and span in his wheeled chair. Then the door opened once more.

"I told you already President-" he paused seeing another man at the door.

"Oh it's just you..." he said.

"Donghae, you have an interview set up in 10 minutes" the man said.

"Can't you cancel it? I am a little busy at the moment" he said spinning in the chair.

"Yeah I see that" the man said sarcastically. "Donghae as your manager I set up this appointment so you could be well known. This way-"

"I'll make more money and be famous and blah blah blah" Donghae added rolling his eyes.

"Do you want to be famous?" the manager asked annoyed.

"I enjoy what I do...and live to the fullest" he simply said.

"Still- I expect you to be down in the office room in ten...no eight minutes" he said checking his watch.

"Yeah, yeah" he said flicking his hand.

The manager nodded then exited.

 

"Okay its 10:22, just eight more minutes" Hailey said holding her bag tightly.

She had just arrived to the condo, waiting in the lobby.

"Hello? Miss Lee?" a voice asked from behind. She turned to see a suited man.

"Oh, hello there...are you mister...Jung?" she asked.

"Aye, yes...Manager Jung" he smiled. "Nice to meet you" he said shaking her hand.

"It's early isn't it?" she asked.

"Yes. Here, I'll show you to the meeting room" he said walking ahead.

"Oh..okay. Is Lee Donghae coming soon?" she asked.

"Um...Mr. Lee is doing some buisness at the moment" he said nodding.

"Oh-okay" she said following him.

 

Ring Ring Ring...

"Hello?" the voice answered on the other side.

"Ya! Eunhyuk!" he said through the phone.

"Eh? Donghae? Long time no see" he said laughing. "Why call me on a Monday morning like this?" he asked.

"Don't worry, listen- are you still in that band of yours?" he asked clicking a pen.

"SJ-HS? Yeah" Eunhyuk answered.

"Hm...your high school friends?" he asked.

"Yeah"

"Well, I wanted to call you because a position opened in my drama...thought you'd want to come along" he said.

"That sounds fun...whats the catch" he said curiously.

"Catch? What kind of person do you think I am hyuk?" he asked laughing.

"Yeah you're right. I will star in your drama then"

"Great. There is just one thing..."

"And there's the cathc" Eunhyuk said.

"Ani-ani it's not as bad as you think" Donghae said easing the pain.

"Okay what is it" he said.

"So this morning President Yoon from-"

"President Yoon? The founder of the biggest name brands of clothing lines?!" Eunhyuk said amazed.

"Yes"

"Congrats what'd he offer you?" Eunhyuk asked.

"He offered me a bunch of things...but..."

"But what" Eunhyuk asked in the silence.

"...he also said that I was to marry his daughter"

"Daughter?"

"Yeah"

"Hm...promise I'll be your best man?"

"Ani-its not like that. I was thinking about maybe introducing you to her instead" he said simply.

"What? Me?" Eunhyuk said into the phone.

"Yeah. You see I have no time for a girl. Up coming dramas and movies. New line of clothing, and I was even offered a few shows for singing" he said.

"Ani- I- I can't hyung" Eunhyuk said.

"Wae? Have you questioned your ality?" he joked.

"Donghae this why we probably get shipped all the time" Eunhyuks said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever".

"Anyways, I cannot. I'm still dating Hyoyeon" he said.

"Kim Hyoyeon? From high school?" Donghae asked.

"Yeah. She moved to the states so we have a long distance relationship" he said.

"Long distance. She won't know" Donghae said laughing.

"That's wrong. I'd never cheat on my girlfriend" he said seriously.

"Okay okay calm down my bad dude" Donghae said defensively.

"Hae, I gotta go, my band members came home" he said looking at the door.

"Arasso" he said waving his hand up and down.

"Bye"

"Hm...dragged down by one women? That " he said to himself as he looked at his phone time.

10:28

"Better get down there" he said standing up.

 

"Who was that you were talking too?" Siwon asked as he threw his drum sticks on the couch.

"No one" Eunhyuk said throwing his phone on the bed. The other members walked in behind him.

"Aish practice was so long! Why is it so long maknae?" Sungmin cried to the other male.

"Calm down hyung it wasn't that long" Henry said putting down his keyboard case.

"Three and a half hours of practice?! Why'd we have to wake up at 7 in the morning?!" Sungmin wined.

"Ah- hyung calm down" Henry mental swatted him away.

"Mails here" Siwon said. "Bills, rent, morgage, advertisements, bills, bills, bills, parking ticket fine?" Siwon said confused.

"Oh mianhae, I was caught speeding again" Sungmin said raising his hand. "You're paying for that" Siwon said throwing it to Sungmin.

"Oh you got mail" Siwon said handing him the long envolope to Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk examined the envolope then opened it. "Whose it from?" Henry asked.

"Hyoyeon..." he said amazed. "She hasn't sent me a letter in months"

He opened up the letter and read it.

 

Eunhyuk,

Hey how are you doing? Sorry I have'nt wrote lately. I'm sorry I probably made you worry. Great news, I was just offered a job, maybe I can come back to Korea for the work position. Being in the states is fun. Having parties with my room mates and making a bunch of American friends. It's all fun, but I wish you could be here with me. So hows your band? Are you still together? Are you living your dreams? I wanna know how you've been. Maybe if you tell me your tour dates I can visit and watch one of your concerts :) I'll see you soon babe.

Love always,

Hyoyeon

 

He smiled. She was still responding. For the past months that she didn't answer him he was sure she moved on and found a new love in America. But this made him happy.

"What did she say?" Siwon asked.

"..." Eunhyuk smiled and threw the letter to Siwon. Siwon glanced at it then smiled.

 

"Mr. Lee Donghae it's a pleasure that you arrived on time" Manager Jung smiled at Donghae.

"Of course, on time as always" Donghae smirked at his manager.

"Donghae this is Lee Hailey...she is the interviewer today, and the publisher for famous books, magazines, and korean news blogs" Manager Jung said.

Donghae looked at Hailey as she smiled waving. He only looked away then looked at his manager.

"How long will this meeting take?" he asked.

"About an hour" Hailey said in her seat.

He looked back at her. "Chincha? An hour? Does it look like I have all the time in the world?" he asked. Hailey was suprised.

"What a rude bastard" she thought.

"Okay enough Donghae, lets start the interview" his manager said changing the subject.

"What do you wanna ask me?" he asked sitting on the meeting room chairs.

"Well first off, I need a breif story about your childhood, tell the viewers how you were as a kid, and how you adapted to being an actor" Hailey said reading off her paper.

"Hm...well it all started when my father owned a private company for hotels all over Seoul, and my mother was also famous for her singing talents as I was a kid. So I guess the talent just passed down to me" he said smirking.

"...hm not the answer I was going for" she said in English. He tilted his head confused.

"What did you say?" he asked in Korean. "I said, how lovely to here that" she lied smirking.

"Well I'm sure there is a lot to discuss about myself" he said glouting.

"What do you like most about being famous?" she asked.

"Hm..the fame, money, and the women of course" he winked in her direction. She rolled her eyes discussted that he was hitting on her.

"And what was your goal to accomplish all that?" she asked digging her pen into her notebook.

"My goal was to succeed living the good life. Every since I was a kid, everyone loved me. I was the popularist kid in my grade" he laughed.

"HM. Unbelievable" she whispered. After more long rants about how good he was Donghae sighed.

"Well I think that's about all I have to say about myself" he yawned.

"And my work here is done" she said smiling while slamming her notebook closed.

"Thank you for taking your time to let me interview Donghae" she smiled and shook Manager Jungs hand.

"Thank you for getting the opportunity to write an article about him" the manager said smiling.

She walked over to Donghae.

"Thank you for taking the time" she said giving a fake smile.

"I did." he smiled giving a signature look. "It's not everyday that beautiful women get to interview me" he whispered. She was disscusted.

"Why thank you Mr. Lee" she cringed faking a bigger smile.

"I'll be waiting for the article...Miss Lee" he smiled as she walked out the door.

 

She stomped carrying her notebook angered.

"Who the hell does he think he is!" she said grinding her teeth together. "Does he think i'm as stupid as his fans who fall for him?" she said.

At the moment she was unaware of how angry she was and lost control of her emotions, as she turned the corner in the lobby she hit a figure as she dropped her notebook.

"Aish. Mianhae!" she said going on the ground for the notebook.

"Ah-chincha!" a male voice said in Korean. She looked up to see that a man with slight brown hair was picking up his stuff as well.

"Watch where you're going!" he said in Chinese. She couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Ah-mianhae" she said watching his figure leave.

She couldn't help but feel embarassed as she ran for the exit.