Episode 1: Apartment Complex

My Oppa Next Door---(HIATUS)---

The rain came down on a Sunday evening. It seemed to strange because it was normally bright and sunny. A car stopped in the front of the apartment called the Mango. "What a strange name for an apartment" a female voice said. She walked into the building covering her body with her jacket. She checked in and collected her room key, then heading toward the elavator. Finally reaching her door on the 5th floor she opened it looking into the room.

"Hm...decent place" she said walking in. She was satisfied that her friend had recommended for her to stay here. The windows were closed so only a bit of light shined in the living room. She sighed and opened them up. Across she could see the large condo.

"There it is" she said amazed. "Wow, think about the famous people there" she said yawning. "Tomorrows the big day. The day I interview those famous people" She was very tired from her drive to Seoul but suddently had a push of happiness once she saw the condo.

She took her face away from the window and continued un packing her boxes.

 

An hour later...

 

Ring Ding Dong Ring Ding Dong-

Shinee's Ring Ding Dong played and she stood up to answered her phone.

"Yeoboseyeo?"

"Hailey? Thank goodness you made it safe. Hows the home?" an older women asked.

"It's fine mom. Nice and refreshing" she answered pacing around the room.

"Is the water working in the room?" her mother asked.

She walked over to the sink and the faucet.The water dripped down then poured out.

"Yes its working" she said yawning once more.

"Thats good. Hailey dear we miss you already" her mother said.

"Don't- I'm only gonna be here for a year. I'll come and visit" she assured her mother.

"Aish- child you make us worry about you" she said.

"Don't worry mom I'll-" *ding dong* the door bell rang.

"Oh sorry mom gotta go- talk to you later, love you bye" she stuttered hanging up and running to the door.

She opened it peaking her head out but backed away from the figure in front of her.

"Hello?" she responded.

"Yuri I want to get back with you!-" a man with dark hair said through the door. He was holding a bouquet of flowers to her.

"Who-who are you?" she asked shocked.

"Ah! Who are you!" he shouted in the hallways.

"That's what I wanted to asked you" she muttered.

"Stop playing games! I know you're one of Yuri's friends. She told you to send me away didn't she!" he accused.

"Shhh. Dude be quiet, were in a hallway" she said putting her finger to her lip.

"Where is she" he said. She could tell he was delusional.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who this Yuri girl is but she isn't here" she said.

He almost fell to the floor. "I don't know where she could be...I don't believe that she left without me. She couldn't have..." he said to himself.

"You're insane" she whispered.

"I'm not! I'm-i'm just lost. I don't know...where to go. And what to do. I gave up everything, my job, my home, I left it all for her" he said.

What would she do, she thought. A strange man appearing at her door? Lost and in denial? Was he dangerous? Should she just close the door on him now? No he didn't looked dangerous. He looked young and naive in love. She sighed then looked around the hallway. No one was there.

"Look. You can come in if you want" she asked watching the man sulking.

He paused then looked up at her. "Would you mind?" he asked.

"Ani, It's fine. Maybe if you talk out your feelings you may feel better" she suggested. He got up and walked into her room. She closed the door behind her.

"Don't mind the boxes. I'm still un packing" she said turning to see the man. He was lying on the couch still depressed and sulking.

"Would you want something to drink?" she offered.

"Sure, yes please" he said giving a long sigh.

"I just don't understand why she'd leave me. Without a trace" he said placing his arm across his eyes.

Hailey looked over at him from the kitchen as she began boiling water on the stove.

"I mean- I didn't do anything to her that would upset her" he mummbled.

"What's your name?" Hailey asked filling in the silence.

"Eh?" he asked sitting up.

"Your name? You do have one don't you?" she asked as she began pouring the tea into the cups. She brought it over to the poor man.

"Yesung. That's what Yuri used to call me. To be honest. I don't remember what my real name was" he said.

"You can't remember?" she asked.

"Yes. I've known her for so long. I kinda just stuck with that name" he said.\

"I'm Hailey" she said smiling.

"Hailey? Are you American?" he asked.

"Ah- yes, I was born in San fransisco. And moved to Busan for high school and college" she said nodding.

"I see. Your Korean is very good" he said.

"Thank you" she said.

"So now that you've got my attention, who is this Yuri?" she asked sipping on some tea.

He sighed thinking hard.

"Yuri is my everything" he said clasping his hands together.

"I met her when I was 16, we wanted to run away and presue our dreams once we turned 18" he said contemplating. Hailey sighed. She felt like a psycologist.

"What was your dream?" she asked.

"-we both wanted to be super stars. She wanted to be a dancer, and take up acting classes. And I wanted to become a famous singer" he sighed.

"Really? I'm actually a journalist for musicians" Hailey said sitting up.

"Chincha?!" he said raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah- maybe if you show me your singing talent, I'll concider writing you a possitive review" she suggested.

He nodded. "Maybe that will start my career. And I can live in a nice big place. And live the good life of a celebrity. I'll be able to support Yuri and we can live happily together in-" he paused then just stared at the cup of tea in front of him. Hailey looked over at him. His face it seemed was almost pale.

"Yesung?"

"I'm sorry" he said shaking off the akward silence.

"It's fine I understand how you must feel" she said.

"Thank you for listening to me Hailey" he said sitting up.

"Where are you gonna go?" she asked watching him put away his tea cup.

"I'll find a place to live" he said. I'll find a part time job too, until my dream career" he said heading to the door.

"Wait" she said standing up. She went to her wallet then pulled a piece of paper. He looked at her.

"Here. 46256 won (about $40). And heres my buisness card. I'll call you when I can interview you" she smiled.

He looked at her, he was speechless.

"You're giving me, money?" he said. She nodded.

"You don't have to do this" he said. "Why would you anyways. For all you know, I could be a crazy guy lying and just pawning you out of your money" he said.

"You need it more then I do. A man who gave up everything to find his love, but wants to be a singer? Sounds like a safe man to me" she said smiling.

"You're very nice" he said. "Thank you" he hugged her.

"No problem. I wish you luck Yesung" she said as he exited the door.

"Thank you, I won't forget you Hailey" he said walking out and closing the door behing him.

 

After he left she sat on the couch once more. The boxes were still left out. How strange that a man had come to her door looking for his lost love? she shook it off and stared at the room.

"Better start unpacking again" she said to herself.