15

What she never thought would happen...

[HaeLee POV]

"Hi. Can I see President Min?" It felt weird calling an ahjusshi I was close to like that."Do you have an appointement?"the receptionist asked. "Do I.... have to?" I mentally slapped myself. OF COURSE I DO! He IS the president of CUBE.

"I'm sorry about that. Can you tell him it is Mr Kim's daughter,HaeLeee?" The recepionist got to work immediately and replied to me,"President says you are allowed to enter. Just head to the top floor." I gave a smile and headed to the elevator.

*The entire floor is his office?! Wow uncle!* The elevator ding-ed and I stepped out of the elevator. Before I entered the door labelled "Min KyungDon",I took a deep breathe. It has been a year since I had seen Uncle Min. My hand rested on the handle and I pushed open the door. "HAELEE! How have you been?" I was welcomed by a warm embrace from Uncle Min.

"Anneyeonghaseyo Uncle Min." I smiled. "I won't waste your time uncle. Remember the time you offered me a chance to be a trainee under CUBE but I rejected you?"

"Yeah I do! I said theew'll always be a spot for you if you ever change your mind. Wae? Are you going to-"

"Yes, I want that spot now." I cut him off.

Uncle Min was confused but smiled anyway,"Okay HaeLee. But you need to 'audition' first."

"Neh."

Obviously,you were accepted and your trainee life begun immediately.

6 months later, you were told that you were going to debut. As much as you wanted to debut in a girl group,Uncle Min said the other trainees weren't ready yet. The other trainees looked at you with envy/jealousy/anger. There were some trainees that you were close to and they were happy for you. Certainly,some trainees trained for a longer time period but haven't been able to debut.