A Sister

A Stranger. A Sister. A Friend. A Lover.
XSYKOTICA

 A stranger.  A sister. A friend. A lover.

( PART 1 )

 

 

You know what two things I hate the most?

 

Greed and injustice.

 

I believe these two were the main reasons why famine, poverty and worldwide lost of hope slowly overshadows the joys of the world.  

 

That’s why I hated you.

 

You had everything. Comfort. Wealth. Fame. Beauty. And you had one thing I could never have. You had a father.

 

I never had those. I only had my mother.

 

Yet you came. You clothed us. Sheltered us. Fed us. You even enrolled me to that exclusive school for girls you studied at. But did you think I was grateful for those? No, I was not. Because even with all those things you gave us, you took that one thing, the only thing that mattered; My mother.  

 

I would never have complained about you having the upper hand in everything. I would never have complained even if I spend my whole life living in that horrid place with no promise of a future. I would never have complained at all. As long you spare me the burden of being your sister.

 

You were great, you know. You treated us so well that I couldn’t even complain so bluntly. But when you came, my mother only talked about you. You this. You that. You everything.

 

One day I came from school and saw you two talking so sweetly with each other, looking at pictures of you as you grew up. You didn’t even notice me looking at the two of you. Only when I cleared my throat did you only realize I was there. My mother asked me to join but I declined, telling her that I had loads of assignment to do.

 

I lied to her. That was the first time I did. Only because even if I joined, we’ll only be talking about you and I was freaking sick of you.

 

Do you how it felt to live without existence? I bet not. Because when you just came, you all of mine up; even my place in my own mother’s eyes.

 

You know what? You were like water to me. You drowned me utterly. Your greatness was so overwhelming that I felt so small beside you. You even made me doubt once if I really did exist.

 

At my new school people talk a lot about me. I was some kind of famous. Students approached me claiming that they want to be friends with me; get to know me.

 

At first I felt great because they were befriending me even though I was a transferee. I enjoyed their attention. I was never one of the popular gals in my old school but in there, the school where you were, people adored me. The attention was unexpected that suddenly, I felt so important.

 

Or not.

 

Time came that I and my newfound friends were at the level that we could ask personal things about each other. I thought that was a chance to deepen our friendship. But I stood corrected. Little did I know that it’ll only end something I started to cherish.

 

Instead about me, they asked me questions about you. What kind of person you were. What your hobbies were. What your habits were. I couldn't answer them at that time you know. I didn’t even know who you are in the first place.

 

After that I realized that all those time people talked to me, they asked about you. What you are; what you are alone. They didn’t care about me at all.

 

That’s how people know Hwang Tiffany then.

 

Your sister.

 

I were merely an evidence to prove that you had a sister. So that people could say you had same blood type O as your sister. So they could say that milky white skin ran in your family because mine, your sister’s, were exactly like yours. So that people could decide whether or not to include my name in your profile as one of those words that defined you.  

 

See now why I hated you?

 

You we’re greedy. You’re unfair. You took everything away from me.

 

Those where the time I thought I couldn’t be ‘me’ anymore.  Because ‘Me’ denotes that there is ‘I’. One should claim what ‘I’ is before it becomes hers. I don’t want to claim it. You know why? It’s because people no longer give a who ‘I’ is and claiming means confirming ‘I’ of its nothingness.



❉Thank you all for reading.

Please don't forget to leave a comment. They made my day.

Fanart used is owned by Jellywing.