the truth

This isn't what I wanted

The very moment Chansung left Jay and Taecyeon to go to the bathroom, Jay started to hit on Taecyeon, not because he knew of their relationship, but because he was a very private type of person.
What he did not know was that Taecyeon thought the world of Chansung, rude and childish or not, without Chansung Taecyeon had no reason to live.

Throughout the years Jay had been in America, he had been thinking of Taecyeon, though he had not contacted him.
He had thought it best to leave them be until he knew he would return.
He was still so in love with the taller man and at this very moment he intended to let him know.

Jay places one of his hands on Taecyeon’s knee, making the bigger man look at him in slight confusion.
“You look good Taecyeon-ah,” Jay starts off, speaking very smoothly at that.
“Um... Thanks... I guess?” Taecyeon responds with a frown.
He thought to himself that Jay might have already had too much to drink.
“Oh how I have missed you my love…”
This makes Taecyeon clear his throat and gently push Jay away.
“Okay, you’ve had too much to drink,” he softly chuckles, hoping that he was correct.
He too was carrying around those old feelings still, and if Jay really still felt this way about him, Taecyeon wouldn’t know what to do.
Because as much as he loved Chansung, he still loved Jay.
Jay shakes his head and continues to speak, telling Taecyeon how he had never stopped loving him.
He had tried to get back to Korea sooner, and he hadn’t dared to try and contact them, least of all Taecyeon because he was afraid he hated him for leaving like that.
He had been looking for a shortcut home, but it was complicated, so complicated.
Taecyeon frowns upon Jay’s words, not understanding why he was saying this.

Jay’s mind turned into a mess as he tried to explain himself to Taecyeon, begging him for forgiveness and trying to make him understand.
He had missed all those little things he never thought would mean anything to him.
Jay places his hand that had previously rested on Taecyeon’s knee, on his chest, above his heart.
“I want you back Taecyeon. I’m nothing without you.”
“Jay… I can’t,” Taecyeon says as he yet again pushes Jay away.
“Taecyeon, please. All I want is to be with you, you know me better that I’ve ever known myself.”
“I’m with someone else.”
“What do you mean? Like a relationship?” Jay questions.
He was very much confused and shocked by the news; the way Taecyeon had acted earlier, it didn’t seem like he was in a relationship.
“Don’t you miss me? Us?”
“Of course I do. And if I weren’t in a relationship already I’d take you back in a heartbeat,” Taecyeon says sincerely, but keeps his distance.
If they got any closer now, Taecyeon was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to control himself.
“I’m still in love with you Taec,” Jay says in a last attempt to win Taecyeon over, but it does not work.
Taecyeon lets out a soft sigh and finishes his drink.
He wasn’t going to answer Jay, it had already gotten too dangerous.
“Taecyeon? Don’t you love me still??”
The taller man bites his tongue in an attempt to shut himself up and not answer the older.
As much as he still loved Jay, they were history.
“Answer me Ok Taecyeon!” Jay starts to get a bit angry now as he demands an answer, but Taecyeon doesn’t give him any.

It wasn’t long after that Chansung came back, a look of confusion on his face when he saw this two hyungs were having some sort of an argument.
“What’s going on??” Chansung carefully questions, not really quite sure if he wants to know the answer to his question.
“Taecyeon won’t admit that he still loves me,” Jay tells Chansung, which makes the youngest just as shocked as Taecyeon, only it is Taecyeon who is the only one to verbally expresses his shock.
“What!?”
Taecyeon’s eyes are wide as he looks at Jay and then at Chansung.
“Baby I-I never said that,” he says as he shakes his head and waves his arms; “I never even gave him any indications that I have any feelings for him still, which I by the way do not.”
“Baby?” Jay frowns as he looks from Taecyeon to Chansung, watching his shocked expression turn into that of an angry one, and then to a hurt one.
It was first then Jay understood why Taecyeon couldn’t take him back, it was because of Chansung.
That two-faced douche had stolen his boyfriend, and Jay wasted no time letting it be known.
“Dude what the !? You were supposed to look after him, not ing bone him!” Jay snarls at Chansung as he stands up to shove the younger, yet much taller man.
This time it was Taecyeon’s turn to be confused.
“Hey, Jay calm down. Don’t shove him,” Taecyeon says as he too stands up and quickly moves in between the two of them.
“You ing planned this all along! I bet you’re the one who got me all those anti-fans so you could have Taecyeon all to yourself!” Jay continues to snarl towards Chansung who had been at a loss of words up until just now.
“I did no such thing! I didn’t plan to fall in love with him,” Chansung defends himself.
“You guys~ Cut it out,” Taecyeon speaks, though he was very curious about what they were fighting over, he would stop it before the fight got physical.
“No Taecyeon, I will not cut it out! The only thing I’ll cut is this boyfriend stealing !” Jay says angrily, raising his voice quite a lot.
“!?” Chansung gapes in shock.
“Yeah, that’s right! You’re a filthy, boyfriend stealing ,” Jay snarls.
“That’s it! You’re going down!” Chansung yells back.
“Bring it !”
With those words yelled, Taecyeon finds himself squished in between the two as they try to get at each other, clawing, pulling hair and what not.
“You guys~!” Taecyeon calls out in a restrained tone as he tries to push them apart since he really didn’t want to be caught in the middle of the fight, which he literally was.

Had Taecyeon not been as strong as he is he never would have managed to push the two away.
He grabs them both by the collars of their shirts and glares at them, shifting his gaze back and forth between them.
“Enough!” he sternly tells them.
“This is no way for two grown men to be acting.”
Jay tries to get loose from Taecyeon’s hold but doesn’t make it, to Chansung’s luck.
“Now, can someone please tell me what the hell is going on here?” Taecyeon asks, looking first at Jay, since it was he who had accused Chansung for having planned to steal him away from Jay.
But Jay doesn’t say anything and continues to struggle to get loose.
When Taecyeon’s gaze meets Chansung’s, the younger breaks.
He falls down on his knees and folds his hands in a begging manner.
Taecyeon frowns and releases his lover.
“Well?”
“When Jay was leaving, he told me to take care of you,” Chansung begins to explain, letting it spill how Jay had pretty much begged him to keep a close eye on Taecyeon and take extra care if him.
He told Taecyeon how he had only been caring for him so much for the first two weeks after Jay left because Jay had asked him to, and how later on he had grown to care for him in other ways.

As Taecyeon listens to the man he loves explain himself to him, he slowly releases Jay too and his expression turns into that of a hurt one.
He felt tricked, by the both of them.
“Taecyeon...baby please, I never planned this. You have to believe me,” Chansung begs, but Taecyeon has heard enough.
“Keeping all of this from me…is cruel. You’re a cruel and selfish person Hwang Chansung.”
“I’m sorry Taec, please you have to forgive me.”
“As much as I love you Chansung, I just can’t forgive you. Not today,” Taecyeon says as he starts to get ready to leave.
As much as it pained Taecyeon to not forgive Chansung right away, the deception hurt worse.
“Hah! See, you lost!” Jay grins as he pokes his tongue out at Chansung and points at him.
As mad as Taecyeon was at Chansung at this moment, he was not about to tolerate the way jay mocked his boyfriend, so in one swift movement, he turns around and punches Jay square across the face.
“You’re worse than Chansung is. you!”
Seeing Taecyeon defend him, Chansung knew that he still loved him, but he could also tell by the way Taecyeon spoke to Jay that he still loved him, and it broke his heart.

That evening ended a whole lot earlier, and more unpleasant than Taecyeon had hoped, not only had he lost his first love all over again, but he had lost his second love as well.
Taecyeon left the club first, neither one of his loved ones following behind.
He made it all the way back to the dorm before he received a text from Jay, apologizing for his behavior and asking to meet with him in the morning.
Taecyeon has one hand on the door handle as he thinks about how to answer that text, but after a bit he just deletes it.
Seconds after that, Chansung has caught up with him and is standing just behind him.
Taecyeon sighs and turns to look at the younger.
“Just don’t start,” he tells him, but Chansung just frowns.
“Don’t start what? I’m waiting to get inside,” the younger says coldly, letting Taecyeon know that he was displeased with him.
And in Taecyeon’s mind, Chanung had no right to be the angry and cold one, but he wasn’t about to discuss that and opens the door to let him in first.
Chansung kicks off his shoes and goes to his room, locking the door so he can be left alone.

Another sigh leaves Taecyeon as he heads into the kitchen to grab a beer from the fridge.
He runs his fingers through his hair as he thinks about how to handle all of this.
He wanted to forgive and forget, both Chansung and Jay’s mistakes, but it was too hard.
He was angry with Jay for just handing him over to Chansung to care for.
He was mad at Chansung for never having told him about it.
But most of all he was mad at Jay for bringing it up at this moment.
And for a moment there, Taecyeon found himself wishing Jay had never come back into his life.
Him and Chan would have been happy, sleeping together this night had it not been for Jay.
It was all his fault, wasn’t it?



A/N: What do you guys think?? Who's fault is it really?