Six years later

This isn't what I wanted

Six years later…


A loud yawn leaves the man sleeping next to me, making me chuckle softly.
“Seriously babe, are you still tired?” I ask as I poke my lover’s cheek.
“Hey~ Just because I yawn, it doesn’t mean I’m tired,” he answers me back, making me smile as I move to lie closer to him, letting one of my hands slide over his chest as I cosy up against him.
“I’m still tired.”
“I bet you are,” my lover chuckles and kisses my nose; “We should get up, you have work today.”
I sigh heavily as he reminds me.
I hate my job.
“Yeah…”
“I’ll make you some coffee while you get ready,” he tells me as he slips out of bed, walking to the kitchen.
I tilt my head and stay in bed as I watch my lover’s , not getting up until he went out of sight.

Once I had taken a shower I slipped into my work clothes and went to get my coffee, my lover surprising me with some food.
It wasn’t really that surprising since he always did it, but I’m easily surprised these days.
After chugging down my coffee, I kiss my lover goodbye for the day and take my sandwich to go.
I stuff it in my mouth as I grab my helmet from the shelf out in the hallway and put it on before bringing my bicycle with me out to the elevator.

I had to make a lot of deliveries this day, so I had to work overtime.
My last delivery was at to some company, the name to the receiver not ringing a bell.
As I struggle a bit to get my bike into the lobby of the large company building, I kept thinking to myself that this would be the last week I would work here.
I’ve been having that thought ever since I got this job, and it has been three years already.
Making my way down to the main desk I can feel the people walking to and fro looking at my legs, I don’t blame them.
If I saw a handsome young man wearing tight cycle-shorts I would be staring at them well toned thighs as well.
I clear my throat to get the security guard at the main desk’s attention, he looks at me but doesn’t say anything.
“I’m here to make a delivery,” I say, just to clarify what I was here for.
“You don’t say…” he answers back, still looking at me as if he was waiting for me to say something more, and that’s when I realized.
“Oh! Right, delivery for Mr. Ok,” I say, laughing a bit awkwardly.
The guard picks up his phone and dials a number.
I let out a heavy breath as I wait for the guard to finish his phone call, and when he does, he points me to the elevator and tells me to go to the 16th floor.
I nod my head and thank him as I make my way to the elevator, barely getting me and my bike in the crowded space, luckily the most of them got out at the 5th floor.

When I finally reached my floor, I made my way down the hall.
I was looking around to see if I could find anything to point me in the right direction when I heard someone talk to me.
“You must be that delivery guy,” the woman speaks to me as I turn around to face her.
“Yeah, that’s me,” I answer back with a charming smile.
“I can bring the package to Mr. Ok,” she continues to say.
“You could, but I’m afraid I’m only allowed to hand it over to Mr. Ok himself. Company policy.”
The woman didn’t seem too pleased with it but lead me to the right place.
Another woman was seated right outside a door, secretary, the sign on the desk said.
The woman from earlier had already gone and this one was looking at me in a weird way.
“Delivery for Mr. Ok,” I tell her, and then she smiles at me and presses a button on her phone before speaking.
“Your package is here.”
“Send him in.”
That voice...could it be?
I was brought out of my daze when the woman told me to go through the door and that I could leave the bike with her.
I take a deep breath and exhale calmly before I push the door open, my heart beating so fast.
I close my eyes for a few seconds as I hear the door close behind me, and when I open them, my heart literally stopped beating.
There I was, after several years, standing right in front of the love of my life.
“Chansung,” he says as he stands up, looking just as surprised as I felt.
I struggled a bit before I found my voice.
“Um… I have a delivery for you,” I say as I takes a few steps forward, holding out the tube containing the package.
“My God, you haven’t changed a bit,” Taecyeon says as he flashes me that toothy grin of his.
I was in a daze, unable to say another word as I stare at the older man in front of me.
He stands up and comes over to me.
He hadn’t changed a bit either, he looked just the same, just as handsome as always.
So y in that suit.
“It is so nice to see you again. God,” he says to me as he closes the gap between us and gives me a hug.
Oh God…that smell.
He smells so nice.
I close my eyes when Taecyeon hugs me, and I shamelessly inhale his scent.
It made me realize just how much I’ve missed him.
When he pulls back, he holds me by my shoulders and smiles at me.
“Damn… So this is what you’re up to these days,” he states with a light chuckle, making me open my eyes and just stare at his handsome face while I slowly nod my head.
He tilts his head and softly chuckles, clearly amused that I had lost my ability to speak.
“I-I… You need to… You need to sign,” I say as I pull a piece of paper from the tube.
“Right,” he takes the paper and brings it over to his desk to sign it, I then hand him his package.
“It was really nice to see you again Chan, but I guess you have to get back to work,” he tells me and again all I can do is nod my head.
“We should hang out some day, catch up,” he tells me as he hands me his business card.
I accept it and bow at him before I take my leave.

On my way back home, all I can think about is Taecyeon and how lovely it would be to be able to hang out with him again after all these years.
And for a moment I actually forgot that I had a boyfriend, Nichkhun.