The choice

This isn't what I wanted

When the door opens, the person I was expecting to see was not the one standing there.
It was Nichkhun.
I groan in disappointment as I fall back on the bed after having sat up to meet Taecyeon head on.
Nichkhun lets out a soft chuckle as he closes the door behind himself and comes over to me.
“Not who you were expecting?” he asks me and I nod my head, not even bothering to ask if it was that obvious that I was disappointed.
“So I was wondering, are you and Taecyeon fighting or what?”
Nichkhun’s question comes as sort of a shock to me, though it shouldn’t really.
“W-What?” I ask, clearly in a state of shock and it makes Nichkhun laugh a little.
“Judging by your reaction you’re not, which is good. You guys had me worried for a while there,” he continues to say, smiling at me as he sits down next to me on the bed.
“But everything is alright, right?”
I let out a sigh and prop myself up on my elbows.
“Honestly Khun… I have no idea,” I admit.
So many things has happened over such a short time it has gotten me worried that Taecyeon and I won’t make it out of this as a couple.
And with this new thing added to the mix the chances only gets slimmer.
I look up at the older and he frowns down at me.
We stay silent for a while until he speaks up.
“I’m sure the two of you will figure this out, you’re both strong and suborn. I know you guys won’t give in so easily,” he says, sounding very sure of himself.
He gives me a reassuring smile and an encouraging pat on my shoulder before he stands up and leaves the room.
I sigh and shake my head.
I’m so close to giving up you don’t even know.
And it seems Nichkhun doesn’t really know me as well as he thinks he does.

5 minutes has passed since Nichkhun left me, and there’s still no Taecyeon on my door.
Maybe he was afraid to face?
Or maybe he hadn’t even noticed the thong on the night stand.
As I am about to get up and go confront Taecyeon, since I decided I couldn’t take this waiting much longer, a gentle knock is heard, and moments later the door opens and Taecyeon’s head comes into sight.
He looks at me and I stare back at him, as coldly as I can.
Taecyeon was actually bending over when he came peeking into my room since he was much shorter than usual.
He does stand up properly though as he opens the door more.
I would have smiled at him, but I’ve decided to be cold, angry and unfair at this moment.
He deserved that treatment for sleeping with Jay.
Heck he deserved worse!
“Can I come in?” he asks me and tell him sure.
He comes in and closes the door, he was holding something behind his back, and I am going to assume it is the thong I left for him to find.
“So about last night,” he starts to say, but I don’t really pay attention to him at all.
He moves to sit on the bed next to me.
“I didn’t mean for it to come out rude.”
I roll my eyes and look at him with my care face.
“That’s not why I’m mad at you…” I respond calmly.
“Yeah I figured… But Chan please hear me out. I never cheated on you, not now that we’re on a break either. You know me,” Taecyeon tarts to explain which makes me roll my eyes again.
It was sort of fun being this cold and rude, it made me forget about all the pain I’ve been feeling.
“I know how this look, but you’ve got to believe me Chan. I would never ever cheat on you,” he repeats himself and then he brings forward the thong.
“This doesn’t prove anything. You shouldn’t believe everything Jay tells you.”
“And how do you know I got this from Jay?” I ask him with a raised eyebrow.
“Because Jay and I have been hanging out quite a lot lately and we talked about him and me. I told him I didn’t return his feelings on the same level that I used to and he was okay with that.”
I sit still and listen to what Taecyeon has to say, because a story always has two sides, right?
As I sit in complete silence, my lover tells he how after Jay had said they could just be friends they started to hang out a bit more and do friend stuff together, talking about what they’d been doing the past few years.
I find it sort of hard to believe though that Taecyeon had shared stories with Jay, and told him about the thong I had gotten him.
It got even harder to believe in him when he said Jay had begged Taec to bring it next time they would hang out so that he could see it.
And then Taecyeon had just conveniently forgotten it when he left.

When he is all done talking, I take a deep breath before I word what I’ve been thinking the entire time.
“I don’t believe you.”
Nothing of what he had said made any sense and I am pretty sure even Jay isn’t able to stage something as perfect as this.
When Taecyeon tries to speak up I cut him off by standing up and telling him to leave.
Even though it hurt like hell to push him away I couldn’t stand being close to him anymore.
The cheating I could have gotten passed but it was the whole Jay thing that made it impossible for me to forgive.
Taecyeon doesn’t seem too sad about it though, because the moment I told him to get out he just seemed angry.
He had just stood up and marched out, but amazingly enough he hadn’t slammed the door.
I can’t help but to think to myself that the only reason Taecyeon is angry right now is because he wasn’t able to trick me.
Had this happened three weeks ago I would have believed him and forgiven him in a heartbeat, but all this time we’ve spent apart and how much time he has spent with Jay has just made it hard for me to trust him.
And I realize now that I don’t really even know Taecyeon.
He has become an entirely different person and it worries me.

Putting all the doubts and heartache I feel aside, I’m positive that I made the right choice.
Its better this way I tell myself a couple of times before I can bring myself to believe in it.