~12

Barricades of the Heart

You know, I liked to think that Minhee was my supposed enemy and yet, there I was  thinking about her every second of the day. At the same time, I wondered why her son was beginning to mean so much to me. Then I began to put everything together piece by piece.

I began to believe that it was possible for Hyunwoo to be mine after all. But why would she lie? Why would Minhee keep me from being the father Hyunwoo needed all along?

The boy is four ; almost five years old. If I recall clearly, I left Korea around the same time Hyunwoo was supposedly conceived. And before I left, Minhee and I… we made life possible for Hyunwoo. He even looks like me, no doubt about it. Even that goddamn stupid smile.  He has it all.

Can anyone explain our similarities in preference? Our hate for spiders and love for chocolate ice cream? Both common favors but in this situation, it couldn’t be pure coincidence.

I always questioned his interest in soldiers and the nickname Minhee gave him, ‘Happy Virus’. Why give someone else’s  son a name that reminded her of her past unless she wanted to hold onto it.

Hyunwoo is my son and Minhyuk can it if he dares argue otherwise.

I was about to head over to Minhee’s when I opened my door and she was already there. She had her wrist up as if she were about to knock.

“Oh.” She was caught by surprise. I straightened up and cleared my throat but nothing came out. Instead, she spoke first. “Hi, may I come in?” She asked. I hesitated as I thought for  that second.

“Right, come on in.” I stepped aside and gestured her towards the living room. That was her first time in my apartment and thank god my place wasn’t entirely a mess. I fetched Minhee a glass of water from the kitchen before joining Minhee on the couch.

It was silent at first then I decided to talk.

“I-” We accidentally said at the same time. “You first” I told her.

“Okay then, I came here to apologize for my mother’s behavior yesterday. She must have been really surprised to see you after everything that-.....” She bantered nervously before she paused and actually looked at me. “Chanyeol, why didn’t you write to me when you were in the desert? I waited and waited for a letter because you promised. Do you know what it felt like to think that you were never coming back?”

“I didn’t write to you? I did. Every chance that I had; under the blankets with a flashlight even became typical thing. You broke up with me remember? And I quote, ‘what we had was but a summer fling.’” I said quite angrily as the pain returned. I was more hurt than angry.

But the look on her face was little peculiar.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I would never say that. You know that what we had was more than just a summer fling. Even if it was me who wrote that letter, why did you believe it?”

 

“I don’t… I didn’t know what to do. I was going crazy while you were here messing around with Minhyuk.” I accused. Minhee angrily stood up with balled fists. She began to pound on my chest furiously as tears came out simultaneously.

“What? How dare you say that! I was busy carrying a child inside of me. Minhyuk just took care of me when I was sick and I almost lost my Hyunwoo. It was all because I was worried sick about you. Don’t you understand? Never once have I forgotten you.” Her pounds began to slow down as I grabbed her wrists and hugged her tightly. She buried her face into my chest and continued to sob.

“He’s mine isn’t he?” I asked lightly and she nodded. “I knew it.” I said. Minhee lifted her head to look at me.

“How?”

“Any child of mine would be as handsome as me. I noticed from the first day I met the little guy.” I smirked at the thought.

Minhee smiled but I lowered my head and kissed that smile. She was surprised at first but then I did it again and again until I let my lips linger on hers. Minhee gave me her permission to go further as I began to undress her.

In the next minute , clothes were on the ground and we were moving; slamming each other into walls on the way to my room.

My room was my chamber; a place where only I had access to up to this point. But it was now invaded territory. Like a serpent, she squeezed me tightly to the point where heat began to generate between our warm bodies. I brought my lips away and breathed in the luscious scent from her neck. Like sweet nectar from a flower, I wanted to have a taste. My uncontrolled lust caused me to leave a trail of butterfly kisses down her neck and through the middlemost part of Minhee’s torso. I would have proceeded further but she pulled me back up to have a taste of her lips.

The rubbing of bare flesh against one another was a rhapsodical motion. We were in a frenzy of passionate love. Minhee grasped my hair tightly and I venomously brought her whole being to pleasure. She whimpered and gasped out of breath.

I now hovered over her with both my arms at her sides. I was looking down at her brown eyes the way I always did. Despite the distance, barriers, and pain, my heart still knew… “I love you.” I whispered in her ear.

Minhee stared at me with tear rimmed eyes and a tremble in her lips. She then cupped the sides of my face and caressed my cheek with her thumb.

“Park Chanyeol, I love you so much.” Minhee confessed with a kiss on the lips. “It was more than just a summer fling.”

I wrapped myself with a blanket as I looked around Chanyeol’s room. He was in the restroom so I decided to take that opportunity to snoop.

The room was dark and filled with wooden furniture. Compared to the rest of the modernly designed house, this room stayed simple. Chanyeol’s room was filled with various certificates and medals from service. He kept them all above his dresser. Among them was a something blue… a familiar item.

*Flashback*

Back to our first date...

The design on this one was of the shape of a butterfly. It’s wings were studded entirely of precious gems. The design was overlayed with amethyst and contrasted with an outline of aquamarine stones. Too beautiful for words. Before I could even hold it in my hands, Chanyeol came running.

“There you are. I thought I lost you back there...I’m glad you’re okay.” He said.

*End of flashback*

I felt a pair of manly arms wrap around my waist as I admired the clip. “You came back for this silly thing?”I asked.

He nodded, “ I just never got the chance to give it to you but this silly thing served as my good luck charm back in war, otherwise, I wouldn’t have found my way back home.”

 

 


Ouuuu! But it's not done just yet guys!!

Minhyuk won't be very happy.

PREPARE.

TEEHEE! LOVE YA'LL!