"3 Months Deal"

My 3 Identities Lover

Part 5: 3 Months Deal

 

 

 “3 months! It’s just for 3 months, hyung…”

 

The tears made their way down quickly. He swung open the door and slammed it shut behind it. With his back against the door, he dissolved into a bout of tears.

 

“Jae hyung?”

 

Brushing his tears almost instantly, he looked up.

 

“JJ-ah…”  

 

JJ studied his hyung thoughtfully. He doesn’t have to ask why to know what’s going wrong. They’ve been holding on for years now and it’s natural if they burst out once or twice here and there. It’s their precious maknae, they’re talking about. They’re all suffering. But Jae’s the strongest one among the three of them and he normally did a great job in hiding the real feeling.

 

“Hye In ahjumma told me that you’re looking for me?”

 

“Ah right…let’s talk about it in my office…” Jae motioned to one particular door down the hall.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Watching as his hyung stopped by the mini fridge at the corner, JJ sank down on the sofa. Jae took out two bottles from it and passed one to the younger one – a sign that they’re about to have a very serious deep talk.

 

JJ lifted the bottle but after a single sip, he set it down on the table. Jae on the other hand popped the bottle but didn’t drink. He lapsed into a long silence, eyes staring past the bottle content before he exhaled heavily.

 

“3 months huh…a month has already passed…” JJ began, pulling out Jae from his trance.

 

Jae said nothing in return as he’s taking his time drinking some and settled down in opposite direction of JJ. He held the bottle in between his hands.

 

“3 months…” He mumbled.

 

*Flashback

“Good Morning Jae-shi…” The Secretary stood up in welcoming her boss. Jae replied with a light nod and walked straight into the office. She followed from behind with an unsettled expression.

 

Jae pulled the chair and sat. He faced Ye Won while intertwining his hands together; waiting for her to read to him the schedules for the day.

 

“Humph…” Jae sighed while protruded his lips.

 

Ye Won looked askance at him. His workaholic boss just entered the office and the first thing he did is…sigh?

 

“Is there something bothering you, Jae-shi?”

 

“There’s someone called me right after I came out from the car, just now…I’m so sure that I never met him…but he claimed that we’ve met at club yesterday…”

 

Ye Won managed a half smile, thinking that it’s absurd. She knew his bosses very well. This one before her in particular rather loves spending his time in company than going to club.

 

“But I thought you just arrived Seoul this morning?”

 

“Yes…that’s what I’m trying to say…” He spoke dryly while clicking onto the mouse.

 

He was exhausted and Ye Won could see it. His face looked even more serious when he’s in front of the computer. Ye Won waited silently in front of one of his boss.

 

“Is Joongie up to something…?” Jae spoke with a firm unshaken voice.

 

“Excuse me…?”

 

“What he’s been doing lately…? What’s with this folder…”blind date”…” He turned the computer slim screen to Ye Won so that she can see it.

 

“Aahh that…now that you’re mentioned it…he had reminded me to ask for your and JJ-shi’s opinion.  There is this man he met during the blind date…”

 

“Blind date…?”

 

Ye Won stared at her boss wordlessly. He doesn’t look happy at all when he uttered it. Jae narrowed down is eyes and clicked twice on the folder icon. And his eyes went wide.

 

“This guy…” Those two words lingered in the air as one particular face flashed before his eyes.

 

“Don’t you remember me? I’m Jung Yunho…We just met last night…at ‘Soulmate’ remember?”

 

He stared at him and shook his head slowly.

 

“I’m sorry…that doesn’t ring a bell…”

 

Jae snatched his phone, gave a quick glance at his secretary and motioned his hand to Ye Won in dismissal. Fully understand that her boss preferred a private conversation, she bowed slightly to him and excused herself as she walked out of the office. Jae then hit the specific number and pressed it against his ear. He didn’t have to wait for long as the line was picked after the first ring.

 

“JJ-ah…did you know about Joongie’s blind date with this man named Jung Yunho?”

 

And just like him, JJ showed almost the same reaction as him. He listened another minute or two while making agreeable noises before he blew out a breath.

 

“Okay then…I’ll meet you at home in 20 minutes…” He said and ended the call. Holding the phone still in his hand, he rose to his feet and got out from behind his desk.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What the hell were you thinking Joongie? Signing up for a blind date!” JJ totally snapped and utterly against the idea.

 

“Why? Is it wrong for me to do that?” The youngest showed no fear, defending himself coolly, contradicted JJ’s high tone.

 

“In your condition? It’s a DEFINITE YES!” JJ lifted his hand stressing out the situation Joongie’s currently in – lying on the bed, weakly. It hurts him to see how his natural pale complexion’s turning paler.

 

JJ cursed under his breath when he realized that he just raised his voice to his beloved dongsaeng. He didn’t mean to scold the maknae. He’s struggling to box in the rage that had blindsided him and turned around, his eyes shot at the eldest one who’s leaning against the wall. Jae said nothing ever since they stepped into Joongie’s room. He had his eyes fixed on the youngest; staring at the latter like he could read him through just by doing that.

 

“Jae hyung! Say something please!”

 

“Joongie-ah…tell us the truth…what makes you join the blind date all of the sudden?” Jae slowly walked forward and moved to the side of the bed.

 

Joongie took his time in answering. He swallowed the lump down his throat, his hands picked at the blanket.

 

“I don’t want to stay lock up in this mansion for as long as I live…I’ve decided to do things that I want to do while I still can…”

 

‘For as long as I love’, ‘while I still can’ ­– those two sentence were enough to glue Jae and JJ’s mouths tight and dry.

 

“I want to fall in love and be loved unconditionally by someone…someone’s who’s not related to me like hyung-deul…I want to at least experience it even for once…but with my condition like this…to go out or to involve in any occasion…to meet someone to fall in love, it’s almost impossible…”

 

“…joining blind date would be an ideal way for me to meet people...you don’t need to tell who you really are in details, don’t have to put on a fancy outfit…if you don’t like, just discontinue…they won’t question much if you don’t turn up…and I can be who I wanted to be…”

 

“That’s when you met him…Jung Yunho…” Jae finished it up for him. Joongie nodded and the rose colour slowly crept up to his cheek as he smiled.

 

“A man with flaws but perfect for me…”

 

As if they’re sharing the same thought, both JJ and Jae exchanged glances with each other. That wasn’t exactly how they wanted to describe that man as. First, it’s because neither JJ nor Jae believe in love at first sight and second, they’re afraid that the maknae is being taken advantage from the other.

 

“Joongie-ah…it’s not like we forbid you from falling in love and dating him…we’re just scared that he’s just taking advantage upon your weaknesses…” JJ carefully voiced out their concern, trying not to offend him.

 

“No…he doesn’t know anything about me…my background or my sickness…we’re just talking about our personal interest, that’s all…” He eagerly explained.

 

“Presuming that’s the case, how can you go out with him without telling him the truth? You…you’re having difficulty to walk lately…” Jae lowered down his voice a notch as he reminded him, not taking his eyes off him.

 

They’re preparing their hearts to watch Joongie snap for him just brought up that issue again or even break down into tears like he did the other day. But to their surprise, he showed none of them and instead he returned it with a smile – as genuine as it may seem.

 

“I know…that’s why I’m lucky to have you two, my hyung-deul…”

 

JJ who’s leaning against the bookshelf with his arms folded, arched his brow; feeling suspicious. He somehow was scared to hear what Joongie’s plotting inside his mind.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“W-wait…wait…let me get this straight…you want us to pretend to be you and going out with him when you can’t?” JJ pushed himself off the bookshelf and walked toward him, stressing out word by word in case he heard wrong.

 

Joongie firmly nodded. Inhaling deeply, Jae crinkled his brow in bewilderment.

 

“We may be an identical triplet, but we have a very distinct personality…you know that too, Joongie-ah…he’ll find out or at least can tell that there’s something wrong with us…I mean ‘you’…and when he did, do you think he can still accept you as the way it is? And besides, I just told him this morning that I never met him…”

 

Doubt is the only thing that played inside their mind. They doubt it and not to mention that it’s very inconsiderate to Yunho. It’s like they’re toying with his heart and that’s so wrong. Very wrong.

 

“Trust me, hyung…even if he can tell that there’s something wrong with me…he would never leave me and will still accept me just the way I am…I know that I just met him and I know to you guys, this might sounds stupid…but for once in my life, I think I’ve made the right decision…”

 

JJ breathed out, still having a hard time to accept and tolerate it.

 

“Why are you doing this? What makes you’re willing to go that extent? Do you think it’s really worth it?” JJ bombarded him with questions; questions that he demanded Joongie to answer one by one with a pure honesty and on that spot.

 

Joongie tipped up his chin as he turned his gaze to JJ.

 

“Because I really like him, hyung…”

 

“I really like the way he makes me feel when I’m with him…and I want you, my dearest hyung-deul to be able to see it from my point of view…I can assure you that you’ll like him…I’ll make you to like him…” He sounded so determine that both of them don’t have guts to disappoint him. But still, they can’t just justify thing that initially is wrong.

 

“You don’t deceive someone you love, Joongie-ah…it’s wrong…”

 

“Please JJ hyung, Jae hyung…I won’t do this if I have a choice…I promise you, it’s just for 3 months…just for 3 months…” Joongie swept his gaze at each of them with pleading eyes.

 

“3 months? You’re going to dump him after 3 months? Is that what you mean?” JJ scowled.

 

“I know it’s such a selfish act, selfish request…but I’m doing this for a reason…please…I never ask you anything before…I never complain a word…just for this time, I want to cherish every last second before I die…”

 

“Joongie-ah!”

 

He reached out for Jae’s hand and begged him. The tears rolled down as he did.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

And there Jae was, sitting at one of the table in the Soulmate Club hoping that Yunho wouldn’t notice the differences between them. He couldn’t believe that he agreed to it. But how he could not when Joongie’s crying, begging him earnestly. The last person he wanted to hurt is his own dongsaeng.

 

“Jaejoong-shi…”

 

“Please, call me Jae… just Jae…”

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you said that you don’t know who I am; don’t know about this club…”

 

It’s a lie if Jae didn’t notice that Yunho was hurt. He was hurt when he said he never met him before which is the truth except that Yunho had no idea that he’s actually meeting Joongie, not him.

 

“I didn’t…” He spoke in his deep solemn voice, a must character that you would definitely find in a boss.

 

“…but what you said intrigued me, that’s why I’m here…” His eyes scanned around the club, his fingers drumming the table.

 

“I rarely go to this kind of place but it’s not that bad….I heard that it has a great reputation, never run out of customers…” His gaze trailed off and back to look at Yunho.

 

“Park Yoochun-shi told me about the Speedy Blind Date Session…”

 

“You were here last night…”

 

It was strong, his words. He was hurt but he’s still willing to give him another chance? Maybe Joongie was right after all about this man. He’s so simple minded, innocent, plenty of flaws indeed but yet that’s the special things about him.  He couldn’t even believe how Yunho makes him feel in just one night. Who is he really? To be able to make him feel that way?

 *Flashback End

 

And that’s how they ended up tangling in that situation. It’s because of the whole 3 months deal. Jae had to admit, his life changed after he met Yunho. He could experience all diverse kind of feelings that he never expected he would…and it’s dangerous…very dangerous…how can he be happy when his dongsaeng is suffering?

 

“Hyung?”

 

JJ’s voice brought him back to the reality. He brought the tip of the bottle to his mouth and gulped down.

 

“Are you okay? You’re spacing out a lot today…”

 

Jae replied him with a simple nod, looked him in the eyes as he’s taking a deep breath.

 

“It’s about Yunho…” The words choked him, twisted in his throat. How could he tell JJ that he wished to stop seeing Yunho because he’s afraid that he would actually love Yunho for real?

 

“Hyung…you’re spacing out again…”

 

“Could you replace me for my next date with Yunho?”

 

“Why? What’s wrong? You’re going somewhere again?”

 

When Jae’s not answering him, JJ could already tell what he’s up to.

 

“You should stop doing that, hyung…Joongie expressed it clearly that he wanted to wait for his turn to receive the transplant…”

 

“The clock is ticking and we’re running out of time, JJ-ah…I can’t just sit here doing nothing and watch Joongie’s dying…I have to find the right donor for Joongie as soon as I can…I would do anything to save him…I don’t care…”

 

He’s losing control; JJ noted. It’s very unusual scene to witness. He would normally be the one who created the mess, throwing tantrum, making the scene while Jae’s the one who’ll clean up after his mess. Jae never let his emotions to influence his decision making, he’d analyse every situation with possible consequences, calmly. That’s what makes him so reliable.

 

“It’s my fault…if it’s not because of me, you might be able to save Joongie by now…”

 

Jae’s eyes drooped down as he forced his eyes to close. He bit onto his lips, he bit too hard that it bled. He had to take a breath, had to calm a little but his hand trembled ominously.

 

“Both of you are my dongsaeng…both of you are a part of me…I would do anything to save both of you…if I can, I would…”

 

“I’m sorry, hyung…I’m sorry for being so useless…”

 

It’s not like he didn’t care at all about Joongie. He’s been there before; he knew what exactly Joongie’s going through. It’s hard, it’s terrifying and to be honest, Joongie’s doing it great, greater than he could. He’s weak and he feels useless.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

The muscle knotted at Jae’s jaw, the grip around the bottle tightened. He kept his face bland for about 5 seconds as he made an obvious struggle not to swear.

 

Why not him? Why JJ? Why Joongie? And why can’t he save them both?

 

JJ didn’t even jolt when the bottle Jae heaved smashed against the wall. He would have done it too. Because that’s the only thing that they can do. He stared down at the glass shards, he could imagine that's how Jae's heart would be like at that time. 

 

The cold air of the night blew in, crackling with tense when neither of them said a word. Jae rose up and moved to close the terrace door. Not letting it go completely, he rested his forehead against the door screen slowly. The tears trailed down as he did.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Not wanting to alert the two of them, Joongie released the door carefully and discreetly. Turning around, he rested his back against the door.

 

“What makes me so special than anybody else? Because I have money that I earned the right to buy few more years of living? What about others? They want to live too…”

 

“Your disease...it’s deteriorating fast… if you’re still insisting to wait for the turn like everybody else, I don’t think you’re going to make it…”

 

“How long…for how long do you think I have?”

 

“I’m afraid it’s not even 3 months…”

 

“I’m sorry, Jae hyung…I’m sorry, JJ hyung…one day you would understand it…” He murmured.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Another update~ Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks^^