“Another Jaejoong?”

My 3 Identities Lover

Part 3: “Another Jaejoong?”

 

 

Yunho stood in front of Changmin’s bedroom and hesitantly raised his knuckle to knock the door. He heard the faint sound coming from inside the room and slowly he pushed the door open.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us at Soulmate?”

 

“Nah...it’s fine...don’t feel like going anywhere...go ahead and enjoy the night...say hello to Junsu and Yoochun for me...”

 

Yunho gave him a long stare before he nodded.

 

“Okay then...”

 

He’s just one step out of the room when he decided to turn back. There’s something that he need to clarify first. He thought that he could just leave it as it is but he couldn’t. The curiosity threw his mind to the edge.

 

“Changmin-ah...”

 

Changmin turned around, arching his dark coloured brow.

 

“Your lover...what’s his real name?”

 

“It’s Kim Jae-“ Changmin’s voice broke off. He frowned hard.

 

“Why are you suddenly interested to know about him?”

 

“Ah...nothing...we’ve been housemates for years and I just realized that barely knew about him or you relationship....I thought at least I should know his name...” Yunho was quick in making an excuse. Luckily for him that Changmin bought it.

 

“I’m sorry...I know i gave you a hard time...it’s not like I’m contributing anything for this house...merely just free-lodging here...”

 

“Ah...aniya~ don’t worry about that...it’s good to have company...I’m lucky enough that you’re willing to live under the same roof with me...”

 

“We’re friends, Yunho-ah...it’s not like we just meet each other yesterday...” Changmin emphasized the word friends. Of course Yunho know that. And he was glad to know that he have so many reliable friends to lean on. That’s more than he could ask for.

 

“So...do you have his picture?” Yunho tried not to sound suspicious when he asked for it.

 

“Tons of it...”

 

Changmin answered simply, his hand reaching out something underneath the pillow. It’s the phone. Yunho watched as Changmin ran his finger on the screen and doing some clicking before handed it to him. His eyes leering at Changmin, checking his expression for an unusual reaction as he accepted it.

 

Yunho’s breath hitched when he laid his gaze on the screen. Just like what he assumed, it’s definitely Jaejoong. He’s wearing dark leather jacket, ripped jeans, dyed hair but without the thick eyeliner or the fake eyelashes.

 

“That’s how he normally looks like. Except when he’s performing, he’s turning a bit darker than usual – his outfit as well his attitude...”

 

“As...As expected from someone who able to steal your heart...he’s hmmm...” Yunho inhaled deeply, handed the phone back to Changmin while trying to search the right word to describe Jaejoong as.

 

Weird? Confusing? Major mental issue? That’s probably the closest one to explain why he could just appear in front of him again and again like nothing happen with a very questionable personalities.

 

“...beyond words...” Yunho added.

 

“Now I have to learn to live without him...” Changmin declared as he gazed at their picture together with mixed feeling. The sadness overflowed in his voice and Yunho could feel it.

 

But he didn’t know how to respond to that because he lacked of the valid information as to what really happened. It was probably a stupid idea to coax Changmin or to encourage the pity man to move on if he’s actually the reason why Jaejoong decided to end their relationship.

 

But really? For him? Who’s the stupid person who would like to do that? Dumping a greater man like Changmin for someone like him? It’s unacceptable even to him. If there’s indeed someone who would do that, that person must really have a severe concussion on his head and really need to be treated as soon as possible.

 

Then again, judging by Jaejoong’s weird attitudes – it’s possible that he really has something wrong going on with his head.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

By the time Yunho arrived at the Soulmate; the band was already finished with one song. The club was ridiculously packed with people that night and required Yoochun to hire several more guards. It’s not like Soulmate never got into that kind of heated atmosphere before; Soulmate Club is in the list of the most seeking club in Seoul. It’s just that, that night, it’s specially upgraded to another level.

 

The number of women multiplied, drawing even more attention than the usual night.

 

Yunho sidled his way through the crowded club through the bar, hoping that he could find Junsu and Yoochun over there. His glasses almost fell off when a girl stepped back and accidentally bumped him. He was expecting ‘I’m sorry’ from her but he received a deadly glare instead even though it’s not even his fault.

 

“Yunho-ah...this way....” Just then, his hand was pulled by someone and when he realized that it’s Junsu, his mouth relaxed into a smile.

 

“Junsu-ah...”

 

Junsu replied him with a smile, his hand never released him.

 

“Yoochun’s sulking the whole night thinking that you’re not coming...”

 

“This is spectacular! It would be a waste if I miss this!” Yunho praised and at the same time trying to peer over through the crowds, barely able to see the stage.

 

“Don’t worry...we secured a better seat...” Junsu said with a confident grin, dragging him even faster as they’re cutting through what it seems as unending group of people.

 

“Well, I bet you do...”

 

Junsu led him to an exclusive booth located just nearby the stage where everything is visible to their eyes – no interruption, no blockage, no tip-toeing, anything. There are 3 people with tall figure and built bodies guarding at each of the corner.

 

“Wow~ this is what to be expected from the owner!” Yunho exclaimed with a wide smile, showing his full white aligned teeth.

 

“Well, I thought he’s exaggerating...”

 

On the heel of that remarks, Yoochun jumped into their conversation.

 

“Yah~! You made it!”

 

“I’m sorry... I don’t mean to be late...”

 

“Just forget it. Come, sit...they’re about to sing another song...” Yoochun patted the empty seat next to him. Yunho walked in and flopped down on the seat. His gaze flew on the lead singer of the band and his jaw dropped.

 

“He’s the lead singer of Jocker?!” Yunho swore that he’s just shouted it out but thankfully that his voice was drowned by the loud screaming and cheering from the crowds. If not, he’ll definitely die because due to their piercing eyes.

 

“Shocking, right?” Yoochun grinned.

 

“He’s known as JJ in Jocker...seriously...your boyfriend is multi-talented...”

 

Yunho almost choked on his breath when he heard Yoochun’s referring to him as his boyfriend. And multi-talented? 

 

Yunho had nothing to comment about that since he didn’t know about him that much. But he will accept if Yoochun told him that Jaejoong has multi-personalities. Wait, is that it? Is he suffered that kind of disease? Up until that point of time, that’s the only logic explanation that Yunho could think of.

 

Then what about Changmin? Did he know about it? One question after another and yet no legit answer. Yunho grew tired with it and if only he could just bang his head on that drum, then maybe he’ll get the answer. If only...

 

The silence suddenly engulfed the club when JJ’s clearing his throat.

 

“This song is newly composed by me and this is the first time I ever sing it...it tilted as ‘All Alone’...please enjoy...”

 

From his seat, Yunho couldn’t take his eyes off Jaejoong. If only he could stop blinking and spend his time staring at him; each second and each minute. Seriously, Jaejoong was gorgeous even from a distance. He looks indescribable stunning, his perfect outlined jaw, his nose, his dark black silky hair that seems to glossily shine underneath the spotlight, his black orbs that matched the colour of his hair and his slightly pouted lips. Yunho finally knew the definition of perfection when he met him.

 

Whoever lay their eyes on him is impossible not to fall for him. They will undeniably be star struck. And his voice...

 

‘All Alone’

I live in the memories of having loved you

The precious hurt also remains in my memory

I grasp hold tight to you as I fall, you don’t come

Even I shout out for you and grasp hold tight onto you,

You don’t come and can’t be seen...

I feel so all alone...

I wanna run to you my love...

I’m saving all my love for you...

Love love love love love....

 

 

His voice...What’s happening actually? His heart ached as he’s listening to it. He could feel the sharp pain flowing through that voice and pierced through his own heart, so deep, so hurtful. And the song...it’s like every word he sang, it contains his emotion and it touched Yunho’s heart to the very pit. Was it just him who felt that way?

 

No. He’s wrong. When he looked around, he could see that the tears were b at more than half of the audience’s eyes. Especially women; they’re very particular about this kind of thing. From the way he’s singing, everyone could tell that he just went through a heart-wrenching break up. Anyone could tell how much he loves that person from that one song. It’s like he’s pouring out his unseen tears into it.

 

If he really loves Changmin then why he’s really against the idea of them; getting back together? Yunho couldn’t stop thinking about it. And Yunho didn’t think that he’s the strong reason for it. No. There must be something else; something that he couldn’t forgive Changmin no matter how much he loves him, maybe?

 

JJ received a huge applause from the floor after he finished singing.

 

“Thanks for being here and please enjoy the night...” He spoke through the microphone and displayed his heart-throb smile.

 

Turning around, he whispered something to his band mates and handed to one of them his guitar. Later, he stepped down the stage, heading straight to their booth where Yoochun welcomed him with a wide smile and endless compliment. Sitting in opposite of them, he replied to it with a genuine smile and humbly answered that he still has a long way to go.

 

He mainly focused on Yoochun as he’s talking and he’s not really saying anything to Yunho other than quenching his thirst. And Yunho didn’t even dare to start the conversation with him. The last time he did that, he ended up getting embarrassed so he waited. He waited if he recognized him or not. Jaejoong put down his glass and finally their eyes met.

 

“So...can we go somewhere else now?” he suddenly asked.

 

“E-eh?!”

 

“Or do you rather stay here with all eyes staring at us?”

 

He ran his fingers through his hair and rose up. Yunho glanced from Yoochun to Junsu; asking for a little bit of help or advice but instead he received a thumb up sign and they even wished him good luck. Yunho reluctantly followed him afterwards. Both of them then snuck out to the parking lot by using the back door.

 

“Which one is your car?” he stopped in front of a row of cars while pointing randomly at one car after another.

 

“It’s actually this one...” Yunho stepped ahead of him and showed him the way.

 

“So, where are we going actually?” Yunho carefully asked when Jaejoong took the car key from his hand and wedged himself behind the steering wheel. Yunho had no choice but to hop on the passenger side.

 

“To my house...” Jaejoong blurted after he started the engine.

 

“Wait, what?!”

 

Yunho was distracted by his deadly glare; not really sure whether or not that glare was meant for him or it’s just the effect of that outfit that he let his guard down. The car suddenly lurched forward right when Jaejoong hit the gas that Yunho thought his soul almost fly out of his body because of the shock. He hastily buckled up and gripped tightly on the seat.

 

“Why? You don’t think that our relationship progress too fast don’t you? It’s our third date, right? I’d say that it’s late. Others would have shared their first kiss on their first date and on the third date; I’d say it’s proper to take our relationship a step further...”

 

“Wait what?!!!” This time, Yunho didn’t restrain his voice from coming out at all. He’s practically yelling at him.

 

“Jaejoong-ah...are you out of your mind?”

 

“Call me JJ...” Jaejoong stressed out.

 

First Jaejoong, then Jae and now JJ? Yunho was on the verge of losing his mind.

 

“What progress? What kiss? Are we even in that kind of relationship to do all that kind of stuffs?”

 

“Then what do you think are we in? That’s the purpose of blind dates right? To find a suitable partner, to fall in love and to involve in a relationship...”

 

How the hell he would know any of that? He never involved in any kind of relationship before. But what he said just now sounds plausible. So that’s mean they’re dating each other now? What about Changmin then? Yunho didn’t have the time to think further. He’s frightened – not because of the new information he’s just received or because of the sudden development between them but because of the way Jaejoong’s driving. It’s like they’re on a journey to hell.

 

“Don’t you think you’re driving too fast? Can’t you slow down a little bit?”

 

“Relax...I drive Lamborghini...so this is nothing to me...”

 

Yunho thought that he’s running out of oxygen when he saw how the meter kept on going up and never slow down a bit. He’s shaking on his seat but Jaejoong stayed unaffected. And he wasn’t really sure whether his eyes were playing a trick on him or not but he believed that he spotted a hint of satisfaction on Jaejoong’s face seeing as the car sped up. He’s actually driven by his adrenalin than driving the car.

 

“Could you please stop!!!!”

 

Jaejoong rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed by it. He stomped on the brakes without a single warn, causing the car fishtailed and stopped in the middle of the road. Everything went so fast that Yunho could only remember him screaming with his eyes shut; waiting for a dreadful knock over from the back. His breath’s tearing out his lung as he imagined the possibility of him flying out of the car or even better, flying straight to heaven.

 

But nothing bad happened after several minutes passed. With his breath coming fast, he opened up his eyes and his gaze quickly flew to the back of the car. Other than his car and two others from other lanes, the road was basically empty.

 

“Pull over the car...pull over to the side now!” Yunho urged in commanding tone. Jaejoong looked faintly irritated with it but he did it anyway.

 

 As soon as the car’s approaching the curb, Yunho’s fingers jabbed the button to unlock the door. He then ran out of the car to the open space; in desperation to stabilize his breathing.

 

Jaejoong changed the gear into ‘park’ and got out from the car. He watched as Yunho paced along the pathway while leaning his back against the car – his legs crossed and his arms folded to his chest.

 

“Okay...I’m fine now...nothing to worry about...totally fine...” Yunho tried to laugh it off despite his trembling figure.

 

“The hell I’m fine! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!!!!!”

 

“Driving...” Jaejoong answered in slumber tone.

 

Yunho clasped both of his hands on his waist and shot his gaze far up above the sky. He exhaled in one breath, and then in another. It’s not use to take his anger and frustration on someone who doesn’t even in his normal state. Yunho let the time slipped away just like that; one minute, two minutes and before they realized 5 minutes just passed by. He didn’t say anything nor did Jaejoong. He just watched Yunho from the side like he’s some kind of an experiment; amused.

 

“So, can we go now...?” Jaejoong finally spoke something after he’s assured that Yunho’s fully calm down.

 

“No...we’re not going anywhere...” He held up his one hand, stopping Jaejoong from entering the car.

 

“What are we going to do here?” He looked around as he’s looking for something entertaining to do. As if they could find it except for the darkness and the dim light from the street light.

 

“We’re going to talk...we need to talk...”

 

“Right...the most boring thing ever, talk...” Jaejoong made a disgusting look when he heard the word ‘talk’.

 

“Okay then...it’s not like there’s anything else that we could do here anyway...” He said; his voice’s softening. Feeling uncomfortable, he began taking off his jacket, leaving only a white plain shirt on and threw it onto the seat.

 

“Is that a tattoo? On your back?” It’s faint and not that obvious but he could still see it from a distance since it’s a white shirt. Yunho blinked his eyes; moving closer to see it clearly.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Ahh...on my back? Yes...it’s the tattoo...my hyung almost killed me when he found out about it...” Jaejoong exclaimed it proudly.

 

Yunho could never imagine an innocent, warm-hearted with a sweet smile like Jaejoong would allow a needle pierced through his soft skin, let alone to have a long-lasting mark on his body. Then again, the one who’s standing in front of him right now wasn’t that innocent. His rash and extreme action, a bit rude and outspoken personality, strayed too far from how he printed Jaejoong in his mind.

 

Way too far.

 

The rattling sound from Jaejoong’s bracelet diverted Yunho from his own world.

 

“That bracelet...” Judging from the way Jaejoong dressed up that night, he don’t expect that he would still wearing that bracelet since it’s not cohesive and not even in line with his other accessories – most of them are the skull and cross symbols.

 

Jaejoong heard what he said and raised his hand.

 

“This?” He flicked the little stars dangling around the bracelet.

 

“It has a sentimental value to me...I won’t take it off no matter how much I change my appearance...”

 

Yunho stumped. Jaejoong’s face softened as he talked about that bracelet. His eyes shined like how the star shone above them. Yunho finally realized that he has no right at all to judge Jaejoong’s physical appearance. Outer appearance doesn’t always represent how that person really is from the inside. Yes, sometimes he’s a little bit out of ordinary but Jaejoong is still Jaejoong.

 

Kim Jaejoong; the only person who look at him past his outdated ugly outfit and his thick glasses. He’s after all what people described as coming from outer space.

 

“So...what are you wanna talk about? I don’t think it’s just about my tattoo and the bracelet...” Jaejoong prodded.

 

Yunho took his time in answering that question. He shifted closer to Jaejoong and stood next to him; his back against the car.

 

“You told me that you’ve never dated before...I want you to be honest to me...because I don’t think that’s actually the case...”

 

Jaejoong averted his attention intently on Yunho causing the latter to shiver out of fear. Fear that he might have crossed the line.

 

“What makes you said something like that?”

 

“The song you sang just now...it’s so poetic and the way you sang it-”

 

“It’s just a song talking about a separation and you can’t really sing it happily...if that song made you think like that, it’s just because I’m really good at delivering it to my audience...” Jaejoong retorted.

 

“Are we really dating each other now? What do you like about me? Are you even loves me?” Yunho couldn’t stop questioning about it.

 

“You don’t need a reason to fall in love with someone...you just do...” Jaejoong looked away as he answered.

 

“If we are indeed dating each other...do you think it’s proper to begin our relationship with deceit and lie? Because I really love you and I don’t want to lose you...I’m just like one of those people who just foolishly falling for you...it’s foolish but my feeling for you is not a lie...even if it’s as thin as an ice, I still hope that you’d love me like the way I love you...”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes trailed off to his feet. His eyes blinked, he kicked off the curb with his feet and fidgeted on his spot like he’s considering something.

 

“Yes...I’ve dated before...but that’s not reason I lied to you...I have my own reason for not telling you and I just couldn’t...but it’s all in the past and I chose you not because of sympathy, pity or rebound...” Jaejoong intoned with a serious face.

 

“Jaejoong-ah...”

 

“It’s JJ...and I think we did enough of the talking for tonight...” Jaejoong put a dot on their conversation with a stern voice. He hopped on the passenger seat, letting Yunho to drive.

 

Concern washed over Yunho’s face when Jaejoong didn’t even look at him. He ran to the other side of the car.

 

“E-em...JJ-ah...we-”

 

The blaring sound of Jaejoong’s phone intervened their moment. He clicked on the green button and pressed it against his ear.

 

“Yea hyung...”

 

Yunho glanced at him twice when he heard Jaejoong mentioned the word ‘hyung’.

 

“Emm... Yes I know...Of course I remember...Dye my hair back before coming home, right...” Jaejoong nudged the blue highlight on the front part of his hair.

 

“Okay...love you too...” He ended the call with a sigh.

 

“Send me home, please...”

 

“Y-your home?” Yunho stuttered. His stomach twisted at the thought of having to meet his hyung deul that quick.

 

“Don’t worry...it’s not my family home...it’s my home...we have our own separate house for personal purpose...and I can’t really go home looking like this...my hyung will kill me for real...”

 

“Ermm your hyung deul...are they really that scary?”

 

“It depends on how you define scary...if you said that overprotective and strict as scary, then maybe he is...super strict and he really loves to keep things organized...but it’s not like he’s not open to negotiation. As long as you have a good reason for doing something, he’s willing to tolerate...just like my tattoo and my passion in music...”

 

Yunho nodded. What about him then? – Yunho wanted to ask him that question but he couldn’t just seem to let it get out from his throat. He wonders if his hyung would still willing to tolerate his dongsaeng; dating with someone like him.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Another update~ Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks^^