"Jaejoong, Jae & JJ"

My 3 Identities Lover

Part 4: Jaejoong, Jae & JJ

 

 

Yunho booted up his computer. He needed to set his mind focus on his works but he couldn’t just get himself excite which in his case, it’s something abnormal. He has nothing in his life that he loves the most except for his job. That’s the only thing that he knew he’s very good at. That’s the only thing that people would judge him entirely based on his talent and skill.

 

He rubbed his face then rested his elbow on the table and hooked his palm. He stared blindly past the screen. He was perplexed.

 

*Flashback

It was the day when he’s supposed to go out on a date with Jae but their plan had to be cancelled due to an urgent matter at his office. As a way of saying that he’s sorry, Jae sent a special homemade cook to him that was personally delivered by his own secretary; Lee Ye Won.

 

Seeing the opportunity in front of his eyes, Yunho decided to dig deeper into her boss’ personal life.

 

“Lee Ye Won-shi...I’m sorry if I ask this...but there’s something that bothering me and I hope that you can help me....”

 

That sounds really serious...what is it?”

 

“About your boss...is he...” Yunho paused. He has so many things that he wanted to ask but he didn’t know where to start without sounding weird or nosy. Ye Won knotted her eyebrows, waiting.

 

“This might sound weird...but...it feels like I’m dating...emmm...3 different persons....” Yunho let the silence slipped in as he studied her expression. To his surprise, Ye Won didn’t show any sign like she’s shocked. More like she’s confused?

 

“Hmmm...which one are we talking about right now?”

 

“W-which one? So that’s mean, there are really three of them?!!” It was a shocking revelation to him. Then, that’s mean he’s actually dating the three of them?!!! FOR REAL?!!!

 

“Yes...they are triplet...supposedly...”

 

“S-supposedly?!” Now Yunho was the confused one. He was expecting an explanation, an answer to all of his questions. But when he thought that he’s finally got the answer, it seems like he’s back to the square one.

 

“All the workers, the employees...we were informed that the company is led by 3 identical triplet...by the previous stuffs and our former sunbaes...but the truth is, no one ever saw the three of them sitting together in one occasion. It’s always one. When the eldest was away, the second one will turn up, when he disappeared, the youngest one will come....and when the youngest one fell sick, another will replace...”

 

“...they’re never showing up together at the same time at the same place....and we, the staffs...always wonder if they are really triplet or was it just an excuse to cover up their real identity...”

*Flashback End

 

So even the employees were stumped. Then again if they are actually triplet, wouldn’t it be so ridiculous for them to go out with him – the same person? What are they trying to pull out? It’s not like they could hide it forever. They might be identical triplet but no matter how close they resemble each other, heart is a different matter. You can like the same person but to actually fall in love?

 

Yunho reached out for a pen along with a piece of paper and began scribbling something on it.

 

JAEJOONG :

·         Happy go lucky,

·         cheerful and bright,

·         soft and warm-hearted

·         Cinderella kind of guy?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAE :

·         Businessmen,

·         serious looking guy,

·         very strict

·         a bit bossy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJ:

·         Rock Star,

·         mysterious

·         apparently love the extreme sports,

·         Changmin’s Ex?

 

No matter how much he looks at it, it seems like he’s referring to three different people with different identities and absolutely have no connection with one another or whatsoever. The only things that tied them together are probably the star bracelet and...him?

 

Prodding his temple with the tip of his pen, he let out a frustration sigh. A question that a genius like him couldn’t answer – it’s an extreme rare case.

 

“Split identities, maybe?” He narrowed down his eyes and heaved another sigh. Yunho dropped down his pen and curled his hand around the optical mouse. He leaned forward as he entered the Google site.

 

“When you’re at lost, there’s always Google...” He said and keyed in the catchword in the blank space.

 

There are several choices and Yunho just clicked the one that attracted him. The page was displayed right afterward. He’s so engrossed in reading and on the third paragraph when an unexpected person appeared at his doorway.

 

“Yunho-ah~!”

 

“Jaejoongie~!!” He said, surprised. And yes, he’s gotten good at differentiating them. Out of reflex, Yunho switched off the plug and bolted up.

 

“Ack...my works...” Yunho muttered while looking at the black screen, his face scrunched up.

 

Grinning sheepishly, Jaejoong waved his hand excitedly and invited himself in.

 

“H-how did you find me? My workplace...”

 

“Well...it’s not that hard...it’s not like you built it somewhere far in the cave...” Jaejoong circled the room, making his own personal tour, examining the interior and stuffs.

 

Jaejoong stopped by the cabinet, picked up one item and perceived it before putting it back down. Yunho just stood on guard at the corner, while waiting for Jaejoong’s next move. When he didn’t hear Yunho speaking a word, Jaejoong’s gaze flew at him.

 

“Are you finished? Working?”

 

“O-oh...I’m...well...it can be considered as...finish?” More like he has to restart from the scratch again.

 

“Let’s go out~!” Jaejoong clapped his hands cheerfully like that idea just popped into his head. He leaped into Yunho’s arms, his eyes shone bright.

 

“W’where do you want to go?”

 

“Shopping!”

 

The word ‘shopping’ floated in the air and echoing in his ears. He couldn’t even remember when was the last time he went out for shopping. Not only that he’s really bad at it, he only shop when he think it’s necessary. And he believes that the ’shopping’ in his context would far different from how Jaejoong view ‘shopping’ as.

 

Just by imagining the place they’re about to go, was enough to give him cold-feet. Without a doubt, Jaejoong would normally shop at those places where the wealthy people would visit, like how it shows in the drama. After all, they live into different worlds.

 

Following Jaejoong’s suggestion, they went out for a shopping together. He’s in the middle of driving the car when he saw Jaejoong took out something from his bag.

 

“what is that?” Yunho asked, without looking at him directly.

 

“It’s a catalogue...from Cartier...me and my hyung deul, we’re the VVIP members of Cartier. It’s the latest issue, never got a chance to browse though yet...” Jaejoong answered and began flipping the pages.

 

Yunho gulped down when he heard ‘the VVIP members’ part. Sure enough, they could be the VVIP members of any brands.

 

“Which type of ring you prefer, Yunho-ah?”

 

“hmm?” Yunho glanced at him, caught a glimpse of the catalogue then focus back on the road.

 

“I was thinking of getting us a couple rings....”

 

Couple rings? That’s right. Till that very day, he himself couldn’t still believe it that they’re actually dating each other. They’re after all not like any other couple and he couldn’t even bring himself to touch Jaejoong. Those physical contacts they’re sharing is because Jaejoong initiated it. He wouldn’t dare. He still thought that he doesn’t deserve it and he’s scared that he might taint Jaejoong with his bad luck if he touches him.

 

Other than that, there’s nothing else that could make their relationship official. And the kiss; they never had their first kiss yet. He’s just like an innocent youngster who couldn’t hide his blushing face whenever he thinks about kiss.

 

That’s why having couple rings would be a good idea. But he wondered how much will a pair of ring would cost? He hopes that it’s something that he could afford it. Maybe a simple plain design would do it.

 

“O-oh~ This is a new design~! I really like this...”

 

Yunho’s eyes twitched when heard Jaejoong’s getting excited over the rings. Well, it’s not like he’s that poor and he’s not like he’s frequently spending his money before...might as well just spend it on Jaejoong – Yunho thought. Yunho glanced to the one sitting next to him only to meet Jaejoong’s sparkling eyes.

 

“What do you think of this...?” His finger tapped on the page and Yunho could only nod.

 

“I like it...” Yunho said with an assuring smile.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Buying couple rings wasn’t the only thing that Jaejoong’s planning to do that day. He intended to give Yunho a full makeover from head to toe to enhance his image and bring out his personality. And of course Yunho wouldn’t have anything against it. He wanted to look the best for Jaejoong, so that he’s worthy to walk by Jaejoong’s side.

 

That day marked as the day of the new Jung Yunho. With the guide of the expert, Yunho’s no longer look like the way he was before. It’s like he was born all over again with the new image. Jaejoong’s wasn’t there when Yunho’s finished with his makeover. Jaejoong left him in the salon with a certain instruction to the hairstylist. He said that he had something important to do at some other place first and will be back for him later on.

 

“Wow...you’re actually a handsome guy in disguise~!” The salon owner walked over to him as soon as he stood up. He stared at him utterly amazed. Yunho ran his fingers on his hair, lowering his face down hiding his blushing face. He’s honestly not used to be complimented by other people before.

 

“With your height....would you like to work for us? As a model?” The owner offered that he didn’t know how to react to it. It’s not like he’s unemployed and he really loves his job so he brushed it off as a joke.

 

“I-I should go find Jaejoongie...” Yunho stumbled on his words. He prayed silently that Jaejoong would just walk in through that door and he could be saved.

 

“Oh sure...sure...but if you’re interested, don’t hesitate to let me know...the Kims and me, we’re best friends...”

 

Yunho bowed as he flashed his grateful smile to him. But he wasn’t yet passed the door when suddenly he became the centre of attention. Standing awkwardly and stiffly at the doorway, people thought that he’s a model hired by that salon posing to attract the customers.

 

“Can we take a picture with you?” A girl approached him and suddenly linked their arms together. She began posing while her other friend capture their moments together.

 

“I’m sorry...but I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else...” Yunho tried to pry her arm off, afraid that Jaejoong might be watching from somewhere.

 

But to no avail, his action only drew attention to him and his movement was restricted when he was surrounded. It’s a huge shock for him. He didn’t know what exactly had happened but out of the sudden he was treated like a superstar, a famous idol or something like that. Everyone wanted to take a picture with him, thinking that he’s a model – a handsome one to top it all.

 

*At the same time

Somewhere not far from that salon, Jaejoong’s standing with a Cartier shopping bag in his hand. Smiling proudly, he took out his phone and snapped Yunho’s picture from far. He didn’t rush to Yunho’s side but stayed there to send those pictures to his hyung deul first.

 

“I know hyung would definitely like this...” He mumbled as he pressed send.

 

He lifted his face to check on Yunho’s condition. Yunho’s squirming and he looks so uncomfortable to be stuck in that kind of situation. That’s probably the first time he’s wanted by so many girls it’s so obvious that he has no experience or skill to deal with that kind of problem. In Jaejoong’s eyes however, Yunho looks unusually attractive with his innocent side.

 

“He’s cute~” Picking onto his lips, Jaejoong continued eyeing Yunho.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Please...no more pictures please...” Yunho raised his voice and at the same time trying to reject them politely. He’s sweating and he just wanted to escape to a spacious place where no one would cling onto him like crazy.

 

“Can I have your phone number, please...?”

 

Just then his wrist is being pulled by someone.

 

“I’M SORRY GIRLS! HE’S ALREADY TAKEN~!” Jaejoong screamed and dragged Yunho to his direction as they started to run for their lives.

 

Running hand in hand, both of them were laughing and giggling until they’re out of breath and stopped.

 

“I’ve been looking for you...” Yunho managed to say it while breathing hard.

 

Jaejoong wiped off the beads of sweat on his forehead and pulled out a water bottle from his bag. He drank it and Yunho’s eyes went wide when he saw how Jaejoong’s almost emptied the bottle.

 

Exhaling and inhaling, Jaejoong smiled. He lifted the shopping bag in his hand and showed it to Yunho.

 

“You’ve already bought it? Without me?”

 

Jaejoong nodded with a bright smile. But his smile slowly faded away when he noticed that Yunho doesn’t looks like he’s happy with it.

 

“You...don’t like it?”

 

“I was hoping that I could buy it for you...for us...you must have thought that I couldn’t afford it...”

 

Jaejoong waved his hand immediately, denying it.

 

“It’s not even that expensive...I don’t want you to buy something for me because I said I want it...I bought it because I feel like it...because I chose it...I bought this just to make it our relationship official...rings is a symbol of commitment...when you feel like you’re ready...ready and want to make a serious commitment to me, then you can buy me one...whichever you like...”

 

“What do you mean by ready...? I thought-”

 

“I know you said that you like me...but our relationship didn’t start like the way we expect it to be...it does seem like I forced you into it...”

 

“No...of course not..I-”

 

“What I really mean is...when you’re serious about me...when you can love me with no regret...when you can love me without any reason and love me just the way I am...when you can imagine us spending our time in the future and grow old together...that kind of commitment...”

 

Yunho was speechless. When he didn’t say anything, Jaejoong opened up Yunho’s hand and placed a ring on his palm.

 

“This is my commitment to you...” He then closed it back, patted it twice while smiling and spun around.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sitting in a restaurant facing each other, both of them ate silently. Once in a while, Yunho would steal a glance of Jaejoong. He noticed that Jaejoong’s already wearing the ring. It looks good on him, he wanted to say it but his voice wouldn’t just come out. He just realized that Jaejoong’s thinking way further than him, indicating that he’s so serious about their relationship while he’s thinking something useless, doubting him now and then.

 

He doesn’t really know Jaejoong or who Jaejoong really is. There are so many things that he’s yet to figure out and the doubt naturally sprouting inside his heart. But then when he’s thinking about it, the same situation applied in Jaejoong’s case too. They just met each other during the blind date. Now he started to feel guilty.

 

What’s wrong if he’s having split identity, out of ordinary, weird or something along that line? If the ‘three’ of them can love him equally, he can do the same right? Because in the end, it’s still Kim Jaejoong.

 

“Here’s the water...” The waitress delivered two glasses of plain water on their table.

 

“Thanks...” Jaejoong said and immediately drank it.

 

“You’ve just finished two bottle of water just now...” Yunho’s statement startled Jaejoong.

 

“A-ah...right...I drink a lot...”

 

Yunho’s jaw dropped slightly when Jaejoong finished it fast. He’d definitely clap his hands if it’s a competition. But it looks to him that Jaejoong wasn’t satisfied with it, like it’s still not enough to quench his thirst.

 

“Will you excuse me...I need to go to the bathroom...” Jaejoong pushed his chair backward and rose on his feet. Nodding, Yunho’s gaze followed as Jaejoong disappeared into the bathroom.

 

While waiting for him, Yunho took out the ring that Jaejoong gave it to him just now. Perceiving the ring, his eyes glistened like it was a priceless treasure that he just stumbled upon. Smiling as he did, he slipped it on his finger.

 

Right at that moment, Jaejoong came out from the bathroom and rushed back to their table. He sat without a sound and grabbed the glass of water – emptied it in one go. Yunho’s expression stiffened as he noticed something.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…”

 

Putting down the glass back on the table, Jaejoong went ‘hmm’ when Yunho called his name. He his bottom lip and raised his head to face Yunho.

 

“Your eyes…” Yunho had yet completed his sentence as Jaejoong’s already scrambling to get his sunglasses out of his bag and urgently put it on – like his life’s depending on that item.

 

“…they’re turning yellow…” Yunho finished it in a low tone and frowned. He couldn’t quite grasp the situation and Jaejoong’s odd behaviour added confusion into it. He’s puzzled.

 

“Are you okay? You look a bit pale…”

 

“Yea of course I’m fine…in fact, I’m feeling ecstatic…it’s just my skin complexion…you’re finished? Shall we go now?” Jaejoong waved it off and changed the topic.

 

“O…kay…I’ll go pay first…”

 

“Ah…right…” Jaejoong combed his hair with his fingers and smiled awkwardly.

 

The suspicion’s building up inside Yunho’s head as he reluctantly left the table, heading towards the counter. It’s weird. Jaejoong’s definitely acting weird. Jaejoong to him looks somewhat different after he came out of the bathroom. The bright cheerful Kim Jaejoong just now has gone. It was like a different Kim Jaejoong appeared out of the thin air.

 

Yunho stopped, turned to give Jaejoong a long stare. Jaejoong was so lost on his world that he didn’t realize it.

 

Yunho didn’t know what exactly had happened in the bathroom but Jaejoong looks so restless and overwrought that he couldn’t stop shaking his legs. He grabbed the empty glass only to put it back down. His hands were trembling and he tried to hide it under the table. It was fear Yunho saw on his face but fear of what?

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jaejoong flexed his hands tightly into fists till his knuckles turned white. He pressed his bloodless lips together and absently rubbed the gnawing ache on his chest. He hated this. He’s so reckless. Something like that is not supposed to happen. He could avoid it. What if Yunho find out the truth about him? What he’s supposed to do and how he should respond to it? Another lie? No…no more lie. But it’s also too soon for Yunho to discover it.

 

“Jaejoong-ah…are you okay” The concern rang in Yunho’s voice as he asked but unfortunately Yunho missed it.

 

“Are you done? Can we go now?” Jaejoong immediately rose; his knees shaky. He could go as far as a step when he lost the grip and landed on Yunho’s arms.

 

“Jaejoong-ah! Are you okay!” Yunho’s eyes widened with apprehension.

 

Jaejoong raised his hand and murmured a simple ‘I’m fine’ even though his body disagreed to it. He held his throbbing head.

 

“There’s no way you’re fine…” Yunho helped Jaejoong to sit back on the seat.

 

“I’m just tired…because of the running just now…”

 

He’s worried and he should be because Jaejoong’s condition showed that he’s more than just tired. He’s awfully distraught. His heart’s still running fast because of it. Yunho crouched in front of him and held Jaejoong’s hand in his. Jaejoong’s gaze fell on Yunho’s hand and his eyes softened.

 

“You’re wearing it…”

 

When he realized that Jaejoong’s talking about the ring, Yunho nodded.

 

After a minute of silence, a minute of staring, along with a satisfaction sigh, Jaejoong’s back on his feet and this time he felt better.

 

“So…where should we go next? It’s still early…”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was already night when he returned home. There are no sign of his two hyung deul so he went straight up to his bedroom. Flipping the switch on, he crossed the floor to a door of his walk-in closet and went inside. He took out all the important stuffs from the bag and hang it back on its place; joining other branded designers bags.

 

“You couldn’t stop smiling…so I’m assuming the date went well?”

 

He tossed his hair and glanced at the owner of the voice.

 

“Hyung!” His face brightened up, clutching the ring box in his hand as he walked out from the closet. Leaning against the wall, his hyung just watched him when he opened it up.

 

“I bought these for you two…don’t forget to wear it-”

 

“Hye In ahjumma told me that you forgot to bring along your medicine…” His hyung’s cold solemn voice washed away the excitement that’s beginning to rise up on his face.

 

“I… switched my bag to a different one…and forgot about it…” He put away the box and slumped down on the bed. He had his face staring down at the floor, feeling guilty.

 

“You’ve started to make feel regret…I should have just locked you up-”

 

“JAE HYUNG!!!” He retorted, feeling disbelieved with what he just heard.

 

“You’re playing with fire dongsaeng-ah…don’t let it burn you…sooner or later he’ll find out the truth…”

 

“You’ll like him…I’ll make you like him…Yunho, he is-” His voice broke off when his hyung cut it off.

 

“A human being…that knows how to feel hurt…it’s cruel, what you’re trying to do…you’re giving him hope only to crush it in the end?”

 

“You said it before…that the three of us are one…can’t you see that I’m really happy when I’m with him?”

 

It infuriated him, unreasonably, that he was right. They’re an identical triplet. Of course he can see it. Because he feels the same way too. He wasn’t angry. It was hurt. It hurts him because he can see how it will end. With a single unsteady breath, Jae turned around and marched towards the door.

 

“3 months! It’s just for 3 months, hyung…”

 

The tears made their way down quickly. He swung open the door and slammed it shut behind it. With his back against the door, he dissolved into a bout of tears.

 

“Jae hyung?”

 

Brushing his tears almost instantly, he looked up.

 

“JJ-ah…”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So now, I think…you guys have a pretty much idea of what’s going on? Another update~ Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed~ thanks^^