A Day at the Office 2

Who's my Daddy? [On temporary hiatus]

Halloooooooo!!!! Omigosh, I haven't updated this for ages! Anyway, this one will be funny. XD

 

________________________

 

The first day ended well, but the second day wasn't so exciting. First of all, Wooyoung had forgotten to bring Lauren's baby supplies, which included her diapers, milk bottles, toys and whatever he needed to keep her busy. He honestly thought Minjun had placed the bag in the car, but after dropping him off at his office,  Wooyoung stole a quick glance at his daughter and realized the bag wasn't there. He was already five-minutes late for work. Cursing softly to himself, he sped the company's Hyundai Atos to the direction of his workplace, thinking of the day ahead.

 

Would it be chaotic?

 

Apparently, it was.

 

Lauren went into a crying fit the minute he drove into the company's large parking compound. She was hungry and tired, and nothing her appa did could calm her down. Wooyoung was frantically searching through every possible corners of his car for an object that wasn't dirty and small, just so he could distract her for a good two-ing seconds while he thought about what to do next. He was now twenty minutes late for work, and this wouldn't sit well with the bosses, as much as they liked him.

 

Think, Woo, think!

 

That was when he realized the second problem of the day. She.Just.Pooped.

 

__________________________

 

I don't understand why my daddy didn't change my diaper. I feel wet and gross, but he's just running around, slamming doors and slapping his forehead. Since I don't want to think about my wet diaper, I start counting the number of times he slapped himself.

 

1...2...3...4...5...6...7.

 

He stops doing it when a door accidentally slams against his face, and he falls to the ground, wincing in pain. I quickly try to wrench the seatbelt off me, but ooh! How do I get it off? Appa, it's too tight. How come mummy's not here to save us? I thought of crying for appa Woo's attention, but then he gets up again and crawls across the seat to check on me.

 

"Sorry baby, appa is fine."

 

That's a lie! I can see a big black bruise on his face, near his right ear. I want to kiss it away for him but he's helping me with my seatbelt now. His hands are so big and warm, not as big as appa Chan's but I like it all the same. It makes me feel safe. I look at his face and he's so immersed with my seatbelt.

 

Oh my gosh, when did I start using big words? I blame appa Taec for this.

 

The seatbelt finally comes off and he carries me out into his arms. I still feel wet and gross, but my daddy's smell is better. Of course it's better. Anything to do with my daddies is good. I gurgle with pleasure, and appa Woo places a kiss on my forehead.

 

"If this is all I need to do to keep you calm, I think we'll go by well." He says. I know he wants me to behave, but really, all you need to do is ask.

 

I fall asleep in his arms.

 

_____________________

 

As adorable as she was, Wooyoung still had to change her diaper. He couldn't just leave her in that state. She might get rashes and probably some infections later. But what could he do?

 

As usual, the office was already teeming with people in suits and briefcases as he entered, rushing past to get to wherever they had to go. Some of them were shouting into phones, demanding payments and fixing appointments. Others were typing away loudly on their keyboard, with their eyes glued on the screen. Wooyoung saw his closest colleague standing in front of the photocopy machine, in what seemed like an attempt to wrestle it to life. 

 

"ing machine making my ing job a ing !" The man yelled at it, and Wooyoung's hands immediately shot up to cover his daughter's ears. She was still asleep, thankfully.

 

He made his way to his cubicle and neatly stored his briefcase in a corner. Lauren still needed a diaper change. Just as he was about to bring her to the men's bathroom, one of the bosses found him and asked for some paperwork.

 

"Are you done with the draft I gave you yesterday?" He asked, eyeing the sleeping baby in Wooyoung's arms. "You brought her again." He said, in a not-so-amused voice.

 

"Ye~" Wooyoung managed a small bow. "She won't get in the way, I promise. And the paperwork is done. I will pass it to you after changing her diaper."

 

The boss heaved a deep sigh. "Woo, this is an office, not a nursery. Now find a place to put her, like a proper nursery or childcare center , and focus on your job. There are important clients coming today and I can't afford to lose them. Do you understand, Woo? If you mess up on this, I might not be so kind next time."

 

Wooyoung understood what his boss meant. He bowed his head again and apologized for the trouble. After the old man left his cubicle, he quickly rushed to the bathroom and tried to figure out a way to change Lauren's diaper. Calling Junho and Chansung was a bad idea. They were already missing out a lot of classes these last few days and none of them could afford another absence. Minjun didn't even have a car. Taec and Khunnie were still in Thai.

 

What a mess!

 

Lauren started sniffling again, stirring from her sleep. Wooyoung knew this was a bad sign. She didn't like anyone interrupting her sleep, and she loathed the idea of a wet diaper. He hummed a soft lullaby into her ear and hoped it could keep her asleep for the next twenty minutes.

 

Now, what's next?

 

There were a lot of tissues in that place. Tissues....what other choice did he have?

 

He unclasped her old dirty diaper and cringed at the sign of her poop. It didn't look nasty but it smelled a whole lot worse. A few office guys entered then, and winced at him when they saw the diaper in his hands. "What? Do you want it?" Wooyoung retorted. He folded it up into a ball and tossed into the trashcan. Tissues were then used to wipe off any excess stain on Lauren's .

 

"You should be grateful to your appa for doing all this. Huh, Lauren?" He said absentmindedly, letting out a wistful sigh. "I think I've never been so grateful to have parents in my life. I wonder if my dad ever did the same thing."

 

He instantly drew two steps back when she suddenly peed a waterfall. Unfortunately, urine had already gotten to his coat and he sighed in frustration. Of all the things----ugh!

 

Lauren was waking up slowly. When she saw the angry look of her father's face, she broke out in tears. It was so frustrating, really. Wooyoung didn't have time for this. He had a lot of work to do, and there was high chance he could get fired. The boss didn't have to make things clear for him. Now his coat was sprinkled with pee and it better not stink. Or stain, for that matter. It was the only coat he had. Then he recalled the clients his boss told him about.

 

Oh great.

 

Just...great.

 

He finished cleaning her off, and himself too, before returning to his cubicle and was greeted with three stacks of paperwork for the day. All the typing he had to do...He also needed to finalize his presentation before the meeting, and Lauren was still snifling in his arms. There was nothing he could give her as a toy, and he hoped she won't poo again, because this time there was no diaper to hold it.  Tissues were only temporary.

 

Lauren was extremely uncomfortable. It felt like something was stuck to her , but it wasn't as solid as a diaper. Her tummy ached a little and her father wasn't heeding her any attention. How much longer will this go on? She tried to get up, maybe practicing on her walk. Chansung had helped her a lot the night before, encouraging her to stand up. She did it so well, but when she tried to walk, it made her tumble to the ground again.

 

Not this time. This time she had a lot of time for practice, and Wooyoung didn't seem to bother either. He was too engrossed with his work. She placed one foot in front of the other, while her hands held on to whatever she could hold for support. One foot in front of the other....again and again...until she realized she had gotten too far. Still, it was liberating. She never felt so much freedom in doing this before.

 

_____________________

 

A/N: Wonder what happens to Lauren now?! XD