The Day Lauren was Born

Who's my Daddy? [On temporary hiatus]

Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm not born yet. Guess I take after my daddy and mummy, because I sound like a smart kid. Who's my mummy, you ask? That's easy. She's the one who will give birth to me when the time is right. Who's my daddy? He'll be the first handsome man who will hold me in his arms when I pop out later. For now, I'm still a foetus in mummy's stomach.

 

Ah...I'm excited just thinking about them, and I'm very sure we'll be happy together. It's like a fairytale! And since this is about me, I will be telling the story.

 

Here's a hint. I will look like my mummy and daddy. I'm not even sure how they look like yet, but I can more or less picture them in my head. Daddy will be handsome, and mummy will be beautiful. I will be adorable at first, but then again, I guess all babies are. Let me see....where should I start? Oh yes...

______________________________
 

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! GET IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD! Why is this happening to me?! Why not Wooyoung?" Upon hearing his name, Wooyoung slid down against the wall at the far end corner of the room and curled himself into a human ball, covering his ears to block away all the painful screams. He was sorry for making Nichkhun suffer this way and he regretted being useless right then. 

 

"Aish! Udong-ah! You're not being helpful here!" Minjun yelled out, causing the younger boy to whimper slightly. 

 

"Hyung, don't blame him for this. Just help Khunnie first. Push harder, Khunnie! I think I can see the head. Omigod! I peeked underneath the covers! I'm going to be sick now..." The sound of Taecyeon heaving could be heard suddenly, amidst the chaos in the delivery room, but Nichkhun ignored it and steadied his breath.

 

"Push now!" The doctor ordered him. "It's close."

 

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ing BLOODY , it's so ING PAINFULLLLLLL ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" A train of curses in Thai followed suit, and the boys suppressed their laughters. This was not the time to laugh yet. Nichkhun was in pain.
 

"Here, let me wipe your forehead." Minjun cut in. A bundle of tissues was suddenly placed on top of  Nichkhun's forehead. "Breathe! Hee hoo hee hoo."

 

"You're not helping!"

 

"A little more, Nichkhun-ssi!" The doctor yelled out again.

 

"HEARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Can't you make the hole a little bigger!" His veins were near to bursting from all this pressure. The pain was too much to bear, but he gritted his teeth and tried his best. All around him, the guys were still in a frenzy of panic, not knowing what to do, despite having spent the last nine months reading pregnancy books. The other two younger ones were also sitting in a corner, mouth agaped and unblinking. Minjun and Taecyeon were the only ones pacing around the room, acting as if the world was coming to an end.

 

"Nichkhun-ssi." The doctor suddenly called out.

 

"Yes?" Nichkhun managed, biting his lips to avert the pain.

 

"Give me two more big push and we can end this. Are you ready? This will hurt."

 

"Like I don't know that."

 

"Okay, we're ready too!" Minjun and Taecyeon suddenly blurted out. The nurses couldn't help but laugh at them. Really, these babos.

 

"Here goes. Breathe, boy! Now, PUSH!"

 

"YARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

"HARDER, PUSH!"

 

The last scream came out in a high-pitch screech, starting a chain of reaction among the other guys and they begun to scream along too. "ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

 

When Nichkhun finally stopped, everyone held their breath, waiting for a miracle to happen. And then it happened. The cries of a baby echoed through the delivery room. The boys remembered to breathe again, exhaling slowly. When the doctor revealed the baby in his arms, they marveled at the sight of it. "It's a girl. Congratulations, Nichkhun-ssi."

 

Nichkhun felt hot tears rolling down his cheeks. He took the baby in his arms and cuddled it tightly. "My baby girl..." He muttered, choking back tears of joy. "Annyeong....it's me, your eomma."

 

"Wait hyung, you're a guy. Shouldn't you be an appa?" Chansung suddenly asked, jolting back from his hours of limbo.

 

"Don't you think I know that? But this should be special. I gave birth to her so that makes me a mum."

 

He gently handed the baby back to the doctor and the other guys started crowding the newborn child. "Wa....she's so cute! Can I pinch her cheeks?" Taecyeon asked.

 

"Ya! Move aside, I want to see too." Minjun butted in, getting between his dongsaengs. "You're so cute! Oh yes you are! Aieee...I want to hug you right now."

 

"Hyung, you're scaring the baby." Taecyeon chuckled, receiving a soft slap on the chest by Minjun.

 

"She's beautiful, Khun-hyung." Chansung complimented, and it put a smile on Nichkhun's face upon hearing it.

 

"What are you going to name her?" Wooyoung asked this time, finally regaining his composure from the whole traumatic experince. Really, Nichkhun was the one who was giving birth, but no one blamed Wooyoung for having a weak stomach on this.

 

Nichkhun thought for a while and smiled when an idea came to his head. "Lauren Horjevkul." He decided. "It sounds good with my surname."

 

"Why Horjevkul?! Shouldn't it be named after the father? Oh yeah, you never told us. Who's the dad anyway? It's been nine months already and didn't you say he will show up today?" Minjun asked.

 

Wooyoung waited for Nichkhun to say his name. It was the likeliest answer. They shared a night together before the Thai got pregnant. Wooyoung was only waiting for the day Nichkhun would admit their relationship.

 

All eyes were on Nichkhun now, waiting for him to reply. Even the doctor and the nurses stood to attention. The Thai didn't know how to say this...anyone would have been embarrassed! "Ah...aish...." He scratched his head and opened his mouth. "I'm....."