9 장: Honey Chicken and Decisions

Washed Memories

 

Seunghyun… Where are you?
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Are you okay?” Bom asked as I entered the car. “What are you doing in Seunghyun’s house?"
 
“I boarded the bus outside of YGE” I explained. “I just felt the need to be near him… and his house was the closest I could get.” 
 
“I see… well let’s go for dinner okay?” 
 
Bom brought me to a restaurant that seemed really familiar to me, although I didn’t remember visiting this restaurant before. 
 
“It’s his favourite restaurant, he loves the —“ Bom was saying as we walked into the restaurant.
 
“Honey Fried Chicken” I answered sorrowfully, “It’s coming back to me.” 
 
The restaurant was homely, easy to see why Seunghyun would like to come here. It was designed simply, something that he would appreciate a lot. 
 
“Oh! KiEun-sshi! We haven’t seen you and Seunghyun-sshi for quite some time!” The waitress came to take our order and smiled as she recognised me.
 
“Ahhh, yes, there was an accident and we haven’t had the time.” I lied through my teeth. 
 
“It’s okay, I can get your regular for you?” I nodded in reply, not sure what was my regular, but it was comfortable.
 
We must have come here really often. 
 
I smiled and the waitress took Bom’s order as well. I didn’t realise but I was spacing out until Bom waved her hand in my face.
 
“Are you okay KiEun-ah?” Bom smiled at me. “Thinking about him aren’t you?"
 
“I just remember too many things from visiting his house.” I nodded sadly. “Unnie…"
 
“Ask away KiEun, I know you have many questions.” 
 
“Is he okay? Where is he?” 
 
“He’s okay, he told me he’s moving on the last place he needs to go before coming back next week.” 
 
He’s coming back soon
 
“How could he just leave me like that? Didn’t he know that I remembered him already?” 
 
“KiEun-ah,” Bom leaned forward, taking my hands in hers. “I know you might not remember this, but this is who Seunghyun is. He’s taking all the blame on himself for what happened to you. He thinks that leaving you alone will be the best."
 
“But that’s not what I want” 
 
“I know, but he doesn’t see it like that. He doesn’t see that it’s killing you as much as it is killing him. He’s bingu, it’s his coping mechanism. He has not forgiven himself for what has happened to you.” 
 
“What exactly happened to me?!” I sighed exasperatedly. “No one wants to tell me!” 
 
“Do you know that the 2 of you are still a secret?” Bom asked. “No one outside YGE and the people that know you knows about your relationship. But somehow, fans got a wind of the both of you being really close. And well, y’all got stalked after one of the concerts after dinner.” 
 
Bom paused as our food came, but none of us touched it. 
 
“Please continue Unnie…” 
 
“It was just one fan girl, and that’s why the both of you weren’t suspicious at all. You had just finished dinner and walked out of the restaurant to go to the car to get something. But that’s where you were attacked.” 
 
As she was narrating, the bits and pieces of the incident came rushing back, and tears started to prick my eyes. 
 
It was dark, and I had left my wallet in the car. It was my treat this time after the concert, the tradition we had as Seunghyun knew that I wouldn’t like it if he paid every single time we went out. So we took turns, but of course, Seunghyun will always try to make it up by buying things and spoiling me. 
 
When I turned to walk back to the restaurant, something had hit me at the back of the neck. I fell to the floor and everything was blur. 
 
But just before my world turned black, I heard the distant calls of “Angel, Angel!"
 
The next moment, I woke up in the hospital with no memory of anything at all. 
 
“I remember… I remember the incident.” 
 
Bom looked at me with sympathy in her eyes. I wiped the tears away, sniffling. 
 
Do you know where he went? Where’s the last place he needs to go?” 
 
“I’m really not sure. He was in Japan in the beginning, then he went to China and then Melbourne.” she cocked her head animatedly. “Actually, those are all places that you’ve been to together, like not just for tours but like, have personal time to yourselves.” 
 
“How about this place?” I lifted my hand with the bracelet on it. 
 
“Ohh, that’s Singapore! Our YG family world tour!” She smiled. “The two of you stayed behind for a day or 2 before coming back. How fun!"
 
Singapore?"
 
Yeah, Jiyong stayed too, and so did some of our dancers."
 
“Was that the last time we had time together overseas?” 
 
“ehh, that was in 2014… I remember you were attached to them during the MADE world tour too, but the schedule was so packed that I don’t think y’all had much personal time at all. and you only joined them halfway due to iKon schedules if I’m not wrong.” 
 
“ohhh… so if he’s coming back soon, he’s left with Singapore?” 
 
“I guess so…” Bommie Unnie trailed off. “What are you thinking?"
 
“That I’m going to go.” I said standing up. “I’m going to go to Singapore and look for him. So that he’ll know that I still love him, and want him by my side."
 
“Are you sure?” 
 
“Yes. I am.” 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
 
Hello everyone! I'm back after... I don't know... A MILLION YEARS? 
I'm so sorry... all I can say is that the story is coming to an end soon in maybe 2-3 chapters? And then this story will be over! :) 
 
Much Love, 
Jessi :)