5 장 : Revelations and Escaping

Washed Memories


I woke up to someone my hair, asking me to wake up. My eyes fluttered open and found my self staring at the ceiling.

I tiled my head to the side to see Min Young at my bedside.

"Urgh." I groaned as I slowly sat up. Min Young immediately looked up, relief all over her face.

"I'm in the hospital again, aren't I?"

But before she could respond, noises outside the ward caught our attention."You have to let us in. We need to see her."

"But Miss, You can't ju--"

The door opened, despite the obvious protests by the nurse.

4 extremely pretty ladies came in and I was not surprised. They seemed like artists just like BIGBANG.

"Unnie! You're awake!" a young girl with a black, short bob hair cut smiled at me.

"KiEun-ah. We're so sorry we couldn't come earlier." A petite, bubblely blonde haired lady grabbed my hand caringly.

"uhh... You don't know them, do you?" Min Young asked gently.

"I'm really very sorry." I gave them a sheepish smile and nodded my head.

"It's okay, Unnie. We heard about the amnesia from the Oppas. I'm ChaeRin." A very charismatic girl introduced herself.

"We're 2NE1. This is Bom Unnie, Dara Unnie, and I'm MinJi!" The young girl introduced everyone.

"Oh, Annyeong" I replied. "You debuted just before I joined YGE, yes?"

"Should be, it's been too long" ChaeLin answered me with a shrug.

"She reminds me of Yongie." I told Min Young.

"And that's what many people think as well." Min Young smiled. "She's 2NE1's leader."

I nodded in understanding and looked at them all over again. The light-brown haired lady named Bom particularly caught my attention.

"Bom Unnie?" She gave me a smile.

"You... You're close to Bingu, aren't you?"

Uneasiness passed through her features and she looked unsure of what to tell me.

"Eun-ah, do you remember what happened at yesterday?" Min Young asked.

"Yesterday?"

"KiEun! Angel! Stay with me! Don't close your eyes!"

"Tabi... Bingu..." I whispered. "They are the same person!"

"Where's TOP?" I grabbed Min Young's hands. "Where's SeungHyun, Min? Where is he?"

"I- I really don't know. I'm sorry."

"He's Bingu, isin't he? He's the one in my memories." It was a statement.

RING RING...

The ringing of Bom Unnie's cell phone cut into the tensed atmosphere and she quickly snapped it up, excusing herself and answering the phone at a corner.

As the room had quieten down, her words were still audible.

"What are you talking about?" She huffed into her phone. "No! She needs you now! She remembers you, SeungHyun, she needs you here!"

By this time, everyone was already looking at her, not needing to guess who she was talking to.

"No, I'm not going to tell her. You get you stupid down here and tell her yourself!" Bom Unnie's hand was already on her waist, her patience running out.

All of sudden, ChaeLin stomped over and snatched the phone from Bom Unnie, hands on her hips as well.

"Yah Oppa!" She paused for a moment. "Don't 'Chaelin-ah' me, Oppa. KiEun Unnie is already awake! And the first person she's looking for is you! Can't you just--"

Chaelin's face suddenly became solemn and became quiet.

"But Oppa... Okay..." She turned to Bom Unnie, passing her the phone. "Oppa wants to talk to you."

Bom Unnie quickly took the phone and put it at her ear. She didn't say anything, only sounds of acknowledgments.

"Okay... Please take care... NO! I WILL NOT TELL HER THAT YOU PABO!... Okay... Love you too."

Unknowingly, the last few words cut at the surface of my heart when I heard them... knowing what he must've said for her to reply in such a way.

She hanged up and turned to us, an uneasy apologetic smile on her face.

Nobody wanted to question, and neither did I want anyone to question.

"Uhhh... So, I fainted?" I asked Min Young.

"Yeah, do you remember anything?" she nodded.

"Not anything from the faint, but-" I was interrupted by the door opening again and JiYong stepped in.

"Oh! You're awake. Hi Girls." The girls all said their hellos before Jiyong singled Bom Unnie out.

"He called you too, didn't he Noona?" Bom gave a nod and Jiyong sighed in return.

That was the last time that day anybody mention anything related to him.

----------------------------------------------------

"This is YGE" Jiyong and the 2NE1 girls brought me into the building. I was greeted with a display of YGE's artists. Some of them I knew, some of which I didn't.

A younger girl was in the lift when it opened and she looked up at us, giving a quick bow to her obvious Sunbae-nims.

"Oh! Unnie! You're back!" She gave me a hug as we stepped into the lift.

"Hayi-ah, KiEun Unnie lost a little bit of her memory so I don't think she remembers you."

Hayi looked up at me and smiled. She was cute and felt like a little sister.

"Oh really? I'm Lee Hayi. Unnie is almost always assigned to be my stylist when I perform."

"Ahhh, Is that so? Then you'll have to help me get used to things then." I returned her smile.

"Okay! good bye Sunbae-nims" The lift reached her floor and she stepped out.

We took the lift up another floor and got off.

"KiEun-ah, Sajang-nim would like to meet you." Jiyong pat my shoulder.

I breathed in deeply as they led me towards Sajang-nim's office. Jiyong knocked on the door before we let ourselves in after hearing an acknowledging grunt from the under side of it. 

The office was huge, with a sofa set and a wall-cabinet filled with toys. As my eyes scanned through the 'toys', another memory came rushing in.

"Yah! They are not toys... They are figurines! Collectibles!" He huffed at me. 

"Okay Okay" I giggled. "We'll get a nice cabinet for all of them to be displayed in our office room okay?" 

I stood up, giving him a kiss on the forehead as he fiddled with his figurines before walking out towards the kitchen.

"KiEun-ah?" 

"Huh?" I snapped out of the memory, turning towards Jiyong as he gestured to a man seated behind a big desk. 

"This is Sajang-nim... Do you remember anything about him?" I turned to the man, taking him in. He looked nice, and had an expression that my dad would have. I remembered him being at my interview.

I quickly gave him a courtesy bow and he smiled at me. 

"Take a seat." He gestured. "I promise I would not bite."

I took a seat and Jiyong took the one next to mine. 

"KiEun-ah" He paused. "KiEun-sshi"

"It's okay... You can call me whatever you used to call me. No need for formalities, Sajang-nim." I could see his slight uncomfort addressing me so formally. 

"KiEun-ah, I'm so sorry about what happen to you. But on a more serious note, this is something I warned you about. Including the consequences. Do you remember?"

I tried to think of what he was saying, but my mind just couldn't come up with anything.

"Can you please tell me what you warned me about? I'll be able to take it."

Sajang-nim shared a look with Jiyong before giving a sigh.

"I told you before that I wasn't fully supportive of my artists having relationships, moreover with one of my staff, because I was worried of such situations happening." He ran his hand through his hair. "Especially with SeungHyun, who would obviously choose to leave everything and take off, saying he is protecting you as an excuse when he is just escaping the situation." 

I could guess that Sajang-nim would not be supportive of relationships, but what he said after caught my attention more. 

"He... left?" 

Why did he leave? Doesn't he want to talk to me? I remember him already, doesn't he want to help me? Is he avoiding me? Why?

All these questions swarmed through my head as I didn't pay attention as Sajang-nim continued speaking. 

"So, I'm letting you keep your job, but we will continue this discussion when SeungHyun comes back. I know he loves you, but this is not what he should be doing, understood?" Were the ending words of Sajang-nim that I managed to register.

I nodded absent-mindedly as Jiyong and I stood up and made our way out of the office.  

He loves me? Why is it that everyone seems to say that but I don't feel it at all?

"Princess..." Jiyong's voice reached my ears and I turned my head towards him in reflex but was not listening.

"Hmmm?" 

"Hey... Full attention here." He gripped my shoulder lightly. At that, I turned and regarded him fully.

"Okay Okay. You got it. I'm fine. I promise. No worries." Jiyong raised his eyebrows at this and I forced out a real smile as much as I could. (which was basically, a fake smile). "I'm sure. Don't give me that face."

Jiyong looked reluctant to let this go but he did anyway. With a sigh, he directed me to the staircase and we made our way down. 

"I'll bring you to the stylists' room, that's where you've been working all these while. You should remember some stuff from there." 

I followed him wordlessly and he opened a door for me. 

"Noona! Guess who's with me!" Jiyong called out as we stepped in. There were different people around and I gave a small wave. 

"KiEun-ah! You're here!" Many of them came up to hug me and I returned them... although I didn't recongnise any of their faces. I tried to remember, I really did, but everything about them was just fuzzy.

"It's great to see you back. I've covered for you the few days and I'm dead beat, girl." A skinny but tall guy with a cap teased me.

I definetely did not forget him.

"SeungHo-yah!" I smiled widely. "I actually got the job, and I'm working with you too?"

"Of course you do," He smiled. "How're you feeling?"

SeungHo was the one that pushed me to go for the stylist interview after I came back from London a year after him. I met him in London, being the rare few koreans in our course of study.

"I'm okay... I just have alot of questions." 

And not only about my job… I said to myself. 

====================================================

Here's the next chapter. I hope you enjoy reading it :) If you've been reading for some time, you might actually notice that I changed the year and the months of when KiEun woke up and entered YG, so that it will suit the timeline that I have created as I will be including the newer YG artists in this story as well. (As you can see I'm a total YG stan :) )

Please feel free to leave love/hate comments or messages to me :)

 

Love,

Jessi