3 장 : Rain, Pancakes and death

Washed Memories

I'm so sorry!! My Explanation is at the bottom... Just read this chapter first, okay? :(

 

----------------------------------

Something in me told me to get off and I followed that gut feeling. I pressed the bell and got out of my seat towards the door. The bus stopped for me and I alighted.

 
As the bus took off again, leaving me at the bus stop with only one thing on my mind.
 
I know this place...
 
------------------------------------
 
I sat down on one of the seats provided, taking in the surroundings. This place is very familiar. The houses around.. I must have walked here many many times, but why? This is a residential area for people who are apparently much richer than me, as I can see from the houses.
 
Why would I come here?
 
I looked around many times, my eyes surveying the surroundings until another bus came.
 
As the bus left, a memory came in.
 
"Are you crazy? That bus stop is far! I'm not going to let you walk all the way!"
 
"It's fine Oppa, it's the one of the few bus stops in your area anyway. And you know I like to walk. You're not home yet, are you?" I checked my watch, putting the phone between my ear and shoulder. "Let's see who gets there first shall we? See you at No. 46!"
 
Number 46!
 
Is that a house number? Was I here to visit someone? Is it an apartment? I look at the house nearest to the busstop : Number 16...
 
No wonder the guy said it's far... Was that guy Bingu? Did he stay there? Well, there's only one way to find out.
 
I stepped out of the bus stop, looking up at the already dark sky filled with Grey and heavy clouds.. If I'm going to find out anything, I'll have to be faster than the impending rain.
 
I started out towards my right, towards the increasing numbers of the Units.
 
I hope I find who I'm looking for, whoever it is.
 
I heard thunder rumble and I quicken my foot steps.
 
No 23...
 
Come on, hurry up! It started to drizzle and I was starting to get wet.
 
No 31...
 
Almost there! A few more! The rain was starting to get even heavier and I could few myself get soaked. As i continued to hurry, my strides became longer and soon enough I was running.
 
No 42...
 
My head was starting to hurt and it felt extremely heavy, as if it had absorbed all the raindrops that were falling on me.
 
No 44..
 
No 45...
 
I halted infront of a simple villa and very naturally, went to the code machine to enter the code.
 
140413
 
I don't know why, but that was what I punched into the machine before the side gate opened.
 
If I wasn't feeling so faint, i would have noticed that what I punched in was a date, 14 April 2013
 
I walked up a few steps to the main door, ringing the door bell.
 
I heard a rustle on the other side before I started to see black spots. I placed a hand on the door to stable myself. Everything went into slow-mo as the door started to open.
 
"Okay.. No, I haven't seen her, I'll look for her... "
 
Before I knew it, I fell forward, straight into someone whose voice was extremely familiar. I let out one word raspsely as my world turned blank
 
"Bingu.."
 
---------------------------------------------------
 
My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted with a blue room that was simply furnished.
 
I sat up on the bed and accessed my surroundings. My mind started to replay what happened and all my senses suddenly came to attention. 
 
"Bingu!" I informed no one in particular.
 
Just then, the door opened and in stepped the one and only, T.O.P.
 
"Oh, you're awake." He placed the tray he was holding on the side table before turning to me, feeling my forehead.
 
"Your fever has gone down, that's good. What were you thinking, running away from Jiyong like that? That couple is worried sick about you. If I wasn't home, you would have fainted outside in the cold! How did you even find this place?" His voice was coated in anger, that I assumed was directed at me.
 
"My memories led me here... Your home?" I turned to face him.
 
"Is it you?" I whispered more to myself.
 
"Yes, now can you please eat the medicine laid out for you and leave? You are not welcomed in my house." He his heel and walked out of the room.
 
I looked at the medicine placed at the side. The pill was cut into 4, just like how I would do it myself since I find it extremely difficult to swallow the pill whole.
 
How did he know to cut the pill for me?
 
I took the pills, since my head was hurting. I got out of the bed, before realizing that clothes have been laid out for me at the side of the bed to change into.
 
Why does he have clothes that fit me?
 
I changed into the set of clothes before making the bed. It's a habit, although I'm in someone else's house. I made sure everything seemed neat, even though I might not know where every thing was suppose to be kept. I let myself out of the somewhat tidyed room and walked down the hallway to what I assumed was the kitchen.
 
As I walked down the hallway, I noticed many singular nails on the wall. Many photos seemed to have been hanged up, but obviously taken down for some reason.
 
"And we should hang this here!" I exclaimed as I hung up a photo.
 
"Okaaayy Angel, thank you for making my hallway so much more enjoyable." That voice reached my ears as the person's hands wrapped around my waist, making me wrap my own hands around his neck.
 
"You are extremely welcomed." was my reply to his slight sarcasm.
 
He brought our noses together in an eskimo kiss, making me smile and close my eyes.
 
And with that, the memory faded away and I pulled back my emotions together.
 
That voice that had become registered in my mind caused so much confusion in me. He seemed so near yet so so very far. This voice belonged to a man named 'Bingu', who I don't even know if I've met. And apparently, he plays a big importance in my memories.
 
I'm now almost certain that this 'Bingu' is romantically related to me... Scratch that. I'm absolutely certain that he is. Right now, I just need to find out what has happened to him and why he isin't around anymore.
 
My thoughts brought me to the end of the hallway and to a staircase. I shook off my thoughts and took every step down to the 1st floor of the villa. A aroma of something reached my nose and I took a deep wiff of it. It smelt familiar, like something I've come accustomed to.
 
The stairs led to a living room and a kitchen on the first floor. I followed the smell to the kitchen where there was a counter to sit with about 4 stools. {Image Here} The layout was very simple and it made one like it immediately. TOP-sshi's back was facing me and I gave a small cough to catch his attention.
 
"Oh, Grab a seat." I followed his instructions as he turned back to whatever he was cooking up.
 
"Uhh... Nice place you have." My mind wandering back to the same hallway.
 
Was my memory from that same hallway? I could not tell. If it was, then is TOP-sshi who I'm looking for?
 
"Thank You." He answer was short before he turned to me with a plate of pancakes and eggs. "There's maple syrup at the side. Your blueberry jam is there too. I'll get you your hot earl grey." It all seemed so familiar but my senses kicked in.
 
How did he...
 
"Uhh, Min Young told me. Ji and Min Young's coming to pick you and asked if I could make breakfast for you." He informed me as he turned back to get my tea.
 
"Ohh.. uh Thanks." He flashed me what seemed like a slight smile as he placed a cup of hot earl grey tea infront of me before he sat down opposite me, starting on his own plate of pancakes.
 
"uhh, thanks fo the clothes. Where did you get them?" I swore I thought I saw him choke on his pancakes.
 
"Ahem. They.. they were my girlfriend's. I'm.. glad they fit you." He seemed awfully hesitant about it and I guessed that he was quite uncomfortable about it. His head ducked down, immensely focused on his pancakes
 
"Ohh... umm Where is she?" I probed, my curiosity getting the better of me.
 
His whole body seemed to have freeze at my question. He looked up at me through his fringe that had fallen. He seemed to be accessing me before he straightened up.
 
"She... I failed to protect her and she got hurt. She left and forgot about me. She's" -pause- "living her own life now. Finding her direction in life. Recollecting where she left off."
 
His brown orbs seemed to be piercing through mine, as if he could read me like I was transparent. It was just like he was expecting a reaction; an action; something.
 
"oh... I'm sorry to hear that." I stated with much awkwardness.
 
"It's fine... However, would you like to explain to me why you were at my door step at night, KiEun?" He seemed to have collected himself pretty fast and was almost done with his food.
 
"My memories... They led me here." I poked at the last slice of pancake on my plate. "I was looking for someone."
"And who might that be?" He picked uphis cup and took a sip, eyeing me.
 
"Someone from my memories. He's been appearing in it many times." I paused to gulp. "Would you... know who is 'Bingu'? Jiyong said that he doesn't exist anymore, but I know he was lying."
 
His whole being suddenly seemed to be alert, and he stood up from his seat. His hand reached over and picked up my plate and his.
 
"That's where you are wrong." His eyes ablazed with a sudden fury.. or worry.
 
"Jiyong is right. He's doesn't exist anymore. I would know... better than anyone. Give it up, KiEun. He's..." His voice rose but now had dropped drastically. "He's dead. You won't find him. You can't."
 
He turned and took the few steps to the sink, starting to wash up the dishes. My thoughts were floating around, trying to find reason and comfort.
 
He's... dead? Bingu, the person that has become so imbedded in my mind... is dead? That voice, that low, deep, husky voice that has become music to me in my memories.
 
He's gone.
 
But my memories clearly stated Number 46. That I know very very clearly. So if Bingu doesn't exist anymore... why is TOP-sshi here?
 
"And how do I know you're not lying to me too? Who are you to tell me to just give it up so easily huh?" I stood on the floor, expecting a reply.
 
"Look KiEun, I'm not lying. He's dead. Face it and it up." He had turned to face me, and looked so... angry and sad at the same time. He looked like he was going to say something else, but instead, he just walked passed me and up the stairs. I was left alone in the kitchen with my thoughts and emotions.
 
My Bingu... Where are you?
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN :

HELLO! 

I'm so sorry for not updating. My phone crashed on me and I lost all my chapters that I already wrote, including my one-shots for my GD & TOP Oneshots collection! Then my exams came and I never had enough time to rewrite everything. I've just been so so busy. 

If you are even reading this, I just wanna say Thank You. I know I'm not the fastest updater in the world and it is always frustrating to wait for an update. It's a wonder that you still stick with this story. You are such a darling, really. 

I thank you for taking time to read this small author's note as well! 

I'll try my best to update soon! 

Love, 

Jessi

p,s, I LOVE MY READERS! WHICH IS JUST BASICALLY>>> YOU! <3